weekly Bruja's 2015 52 CHRISTMAS and DONE!!!!

Excellent Jill !
And Kudos to you for being bold enough to do it (y)

Hi, Jill, from someone who has done a few selfies :) this really does work for me and ticks all the boxes for bold. It's well composed great eye contact nice confident facial expression and I like the Scarlet background.

No crit from me in this one.

:clap:

Cheers.

Wow Andy, thanks so much :)

Very bold indeed, well done Jill

Phil

Thanks Phil, glad you like it and thanks for looking in. :)

Hi, can only agree with the above comments very bold indeed, well done for having the courage to post it,
I can only :clap: your effort

Thanks Allan and thanks for the :clap:

Bold - well that's very bold indeed, I would not have the guts to be able to do anything like this. A cracking image so well done you no crit from me at all, well done keep up the good work.

Thanks Mandy, at the end of the day it's only a body :), and after almost 60 years living in it it's looking a bit frayed around the edges :p

Well this is the first "bold" photo I have viewed and to be honest I can't think there is gonna be a better one to come along. Really like your thoughts on this and was not expecting this interpretation at all.
Love the colours/pose and plus points for the red toenail polish. You look so comfy too :)

Gaz

Gary that's so nice of you, and, as I said above, after almost 60 years it's just a body :p

Excellent Jill !
And Kudos to you for being bold enough to do it (y)

Thanks Chris and see above :D :ty:

Well I haven't had a good laugh for ages so 'make my day' :naughty:
PMSL, I'll think about it :D
Although I "fear" in truth I'm no where near as brave as you ;)

Hi Jill

Bold - very similar idea to the one I had so it's a shame you're so far away or you could have been my model :p I've never done a selfie but I may do yet ha ha. Anyway I love yours, the lighting is perfect and it certainly fits the theme
water - lovely shot, the reflections and the colours are wonderful
elegant - I like the frame altho I might have tried the black outer frame thicker than the white inner. I thought it was china but amazing woodwork :) I'd love to be able to work with wood *sigh* again the lighting is spot on

WOW!!! Love it, love it, love it!!!!!

Go Jill ... !!

Speaking as a lady who (I'm guessing!) must be a similar age to yourself, I'm both impressed and humbled. Brilliant!! Wish I had your self confidence.

Hi Jill

Bold - very similar idea to the one I had so it's a shame you're so far away or you could have been my model :p I've never done a selfie but I may do yet ha ha. Anyway I love yours, the lighting is perfect and it certainly fits the theme
water - lovely shot, the reflections and the colours are wonderful
elegant - I like the frame altho I might have tried the black outer frame thicker than the white inner. I thought it was china but amazing woodwork :) I'd love to be able to work with wood *sigh* again the lighting is spot on

Thanks Summer, and thanks for taking the time to look and comment (y)

WOW!!! Love it, love it, love it!!!!!

Go Jill ... !!

Speaking as a lady who (I'm guessing!) must be a similar age to yourself, I'm both impressed and humbled. Brilliant!! Wish I had your self confidence.

Wow, thanks Sara, seems to have hit the spot this week :) PS I'm 60 in June :eek: where has my life gone :confused::help:

Now that is the very definition of bold Jill.
Very ell done to you! :clap: :clap:

I really can't think of anything more BOLD than that Jill, your confidence and creativity shine so bright, Outstanding image of the week I'd say!!!
Excellent work !!!!!
:clap::clap:

It would not be possible to dispute that this image portrays BOLD. Well done Jill. If you want a suggestion for an improvement in the appeal of the image, look to have the hands more relaxed. They look uncomfortable - but then again maybe you were not able to feel entirely relaxed! Good work Jill.

I really can't think of anything more BOLD than that Jill, your confidence and creativity shine so bright, Outstanding image of the week I'd say!!!
Excellent work !!!!!
:clap::clap:

Oh my goodness, so glad you like it :D

It would not be possible to dispute that this image portrays BOLD. Well done Jill. If you want a suggestion for an improvement in the appeal of the image, look to have the hands more relaxed. They look uncomfortable - but then again maybe you were not able to feel entirely relaxed! Good work Jill.

Hi David, glad you agree it is BOLD ;) The arms are a problem as I have Multiple Sclerosis and so they are a bit weak now so I was holding onto my legs to keep my arms still :(. I was pretty relaxed about it to be honest, as I said above, it's only a body :)

Oh my goodness, so glad you like it :D

Hi David, glad you agree it is BOLD ;) The arms are a problem as I have Multiple Sclerosis and so they are a bit weak now so I was holding onto my legs to keep my arms still :(. I was pretty relaxed about it to be honest, as I said above, it's only a body :)
Well, if you have MS, then fully understand the need to hold a bit tighter to the legs. Doesn't changed my view that this is an excellent presentation of BOLD.

great shot Jill - Bold and well taken too as I don't think I'd get such a good selfie. (and not that'd I'd be so bold either!) :)

Thanks Summer, and thanks for taking the time to look and comment (y)

Wow, thanks Sara, seems to have hit the spot this week :) PS I'm 60 in June :eek: where has my life gone :confused::help:

:):) .... I'm a year older and totally agree with your sentiments about life, but you look like you're making the most of it!! Enjoy.

Bold ... very daring, and nicely done. But might be improved with the lights down? Exposure Compensation?

Bold indeed, well taken -- and posed.

Very brave and very bold of you Jill. Photographically it's an excellent shot. I like the background it works well with the image..

Thanks Stan (y)

great shot Jill - Bold and well taken too as I don't think I'd get such a good selfie. (and not that'd I'd be so bold either!) :)

:ty: Michalene

Bold ... very daring, and nicely done. But might be improved with the lights down? Exposure Compensation?

Thanks for looking David

For someone who didn't want to show her legs on the elegant theme, you have certainly gone full turn on this theme and rightly so, well done on being so bold to take the picture, excellent take on the theme.

Hey Jill
Certainly meets the definitions of bold! It's a very classic discrete nude pose and the red velvet backdrop really adds to the sophisticated feel of the shot. Really nicely done Jill, top marks![emoji5]️

For someone who didn't want to show her legs on the elegant theme, you have certainly gone full turn on this theme and rightly so, well done on being so bold to take the picture, excellent take on the theme.

Thanks Perry *blushes* ;)

Jill

Bold, brave and daring.

Well done...

Thanks Darren (y)

Hey Jill
Certainly meets the definitions of bold! It's a very classic discrete nude pose and the red velvet backdrop really adds to the sophisticated feel of the shot. Really nicely done Jill, top marks![emoji5]️

Thanks Ferg, moi.....sophisticated :D

Wow, bold indeed Jill. I really admire you for following through with this image and posting it, not something I could have done!
No crit or other comments to offer, just praise!

Watery is lovely. Its a picture of nothing, but there's so much interest in it, a lovely abstract feel.

Bold... Just bravo! Pose, lighting and background are spot on, with great eye contact. While they're carefully masked in the picture, so you'd never guess, you must have massive balls to post that! :D

Thanks for looking David

Confus_72.gif

Wow, bold indeed Jill. I really admire you for following through with this image and posting it, not something I could have done!
No crit or other comments to offer, just praise!

Thanks so much Hazel :D

Watery is lovely. Its a picture of nothing, but there's so much interest in it, a lovely abstract feel.

Bold... Just bravo! Pose, lighting and background are spot on, with great eye contact. While they're carefully masked in the picture, so you'd never guess, you must have massive balls to post that! :D

:agree: LMAO :LOL: Thanks Nick (y)

Hahahahahah :naughty: :angelic: :whistle:

Watery - A really nice shot. Great reflections and light.

Bold - Wow! What a fantastic photo. Very well done for being so brave and bold. An absolute perfect fit for the theme (y)

Relax meant another trip to the beach for me. This time lying almost face down in the damp sand :eek:. I knew the kind of shot I wanted (nothing original I'm afraid but would get me out again ;)) Fortunately the beaches around here are very quiet at this time of year (I was in Mojacar) so I was spared the pitying looks :p I used pebbles I already had tried out at home and they were a sod to balance, probably because of the tremor in my arms, and the biggest one was only the size of the palm of my hand. Anyhow, I persevered and managed to get the wave at just the right moment (and got absolutely blooming soaked as the camera was only a few inches from the stones and the wave was a big 'un! ) Camera was fine as I'd lifted it up in time, but, I can definitely vouch for the coldness of the Med in February :coldfeet:

I don't often say this but I could probably see this on canvas on my wall (unlike last week's :p)

There are a couple of alternatives on flickr

I give you ..........

RELAX

Relax by BrujaJill, on Flickr

Last edited:
Hi, a nice relaxing image though it doesn't sound like it was very relaxing setting it up,

Not sure if I would like to see a bigger DoF or not, it works a it is though (y)

hi Jill, love this one, not only relaxing to look at, but also reminds me of the spa treatments you see advertised where stones are put on your back (no idea what it is but I have seen the pictures :p )

Back