weekly Bruja's 2015 52 CHRISTMAS and DONE!!!!

Well, as I live on the edge of the only desert on mainland Europe I struggled a bit at first with this one. It did rain a little yesterday, and rain is watery right :p but by the time I'd got my camera out it had stopped...... :tumbleweed:

We've also got a swimming pool but at this time of year it is covered as the outside temp is only about 10C and I have no intention of finding out what the water temp is :coldfeet: so that was out too.

I didn't want to do another still life and I've already done the Embalse for Scenic so by now I'm on Plan E :rolleyes:

After promising Mr B I'd make him a very happy man :naughty:, I persuaded him to drive down to the coast to see if I could get anything interesting. About 40K from us is the fishing port of Garrucha with it's marina and any number of fishing and leisure craft. The boats were very boring, the sky was very boring, it was just the wrong time of year. But I already had an idea from something I had done with our pool for the challenge in 2009 although I've got no idea what the theme was for it :D and ripples are definitely watery right, in fact they are as watery as a very watery thing, so I give you ..........

WATERY

https://flic.kr/p/q9Sj8X
Watery by BrujaJill, on Flickr

Thanks for looking

Last edited:
Watery

Absolutely love it.
I've tried similar a few times but never hit it right.
It almost looks like mercury. ..it has that sheen to it.

I quite like the abstract feel to that Jill (y)

Hi, excellent watery image love the colours in there, excellent abstract :clap:

Some really great detail and colours perfect for the theme.

I'm also very jealous of where you took that I love Garrucha.
Mojacar is probably my favorite holiday destination we try to get there at least every other year.

Watery ... yep, nice idea, nice result, delightful intro with creative use of smillies. ;)

Ooh, swirly. I quite like the occasional abstract picture.

Watery

Absolutely love it.
I've tried similar a few times but never hit it right.
It almost looks like mercury. ..it has that sheen to it.

Thanks so much Ruth. I ended up with 5 I liked and had to pick one so I was lucky really :)

I quite like the abstract feel to that Jill (y)

Quite like, quite like....... :bat: dammed by faint praise :ROFLMAO:

Watery - lovely image and a perfect take for the theme.

Thanks Mandy, I appreciate it (y)

Hi, excellent watery image love the colours in there, excellent abstract :clap:

Thanks Allan, and thanks for looking too (y)

Some really great detail and colours perfect for the theme.

I'm also very jealous of where you took that I love Garrucha.
Mojacar is probably my favorite holiday destination we try to get there at least every other year.

Thanks Simon (y) I've lived here more than 10 years now but try to avoid Garrucha and Mojacar in the summer :eek:

Watery ... yep, nice idea, nice result, delightful intro with creative use of smillies. ;)

Hahahaha David, I was feeling quite chatty when I posted it and glad you like the pic too :)

Elegant is an awesome image, very cool processing and I like the setup of the image. I'm a man of little words so i apologise if my critique isn't up to much.

Watery is exactly what it is 'watery', bang on theme and a real nice textured image, I like it, simple and effective

Watery Yep works for me!
Like that look, almost looks like Chrome or Mercury in a puddle! Lots of nice abstract shapes and pools of light, gives it a cool metallic look. Very nice would have never thought of this!
Nice work Jill

Quite like, quite like....... :bat: dammed by faint praise :ROFLMAO:
LOL "quite like" means I like it a lot.
Perhaps I should have said "rather" but its the same thing in my book (y)

It's brill. Simple and effective. 10/10 for Abstractyness. Wish I could offer more but I just like it.

Certainly watery and love the colours in the reflections. Sharp and abstract at the same time, if that makes sense. Love it. Well done.

Hi Jill

inspired plan E for Watery.....I can see that printed large on Aluminium and displayed for all to see :clap:

Just for you @Dark Knight , one without the frame, which, I admit, was a tad overpowering :p
Ahhh that's bang on for me :clap:

One of these days I'll get it right first time :oops: :$
Well to be fair, if you like it with the border, that's how you should have it and ******** to us :D

Watery - Oooo I love the colors and odd reflections in this shot, a simple image but very effective for the theme (y)

Elegant is an awesome image, very cool processing and I like the setup of the image. I'm a man of little words so i apologise if my critique isn't up to much.

Watery is exactly what it is 'watery', bang on theme and a real nice textured image, I like it, simple and effective

Men should be of few words IMHO :ROFLMAO:

Thanks for the fab feedback and glad you like them :)

Watery Yep works for me!
Like that look, almost looks like Chrome or Mercury in a puddle! Lots of nice abstract shapes and pools of light, gives it a cool metallic look. Very nice would have never thought of this!
Nice work Jill

Thanks Steve, I appreciate you dropping by :)

I agree the water looks like a liquid metal! Lovely artistic shot.

Thanks so much Steven :)

It's brill. Simple and effective. 10/10 for Abstractyness. Wish I could offer more but I just like it.

Hahaha Ian, glad you like it :)

Certainly watery and love the colours in the reflections. Sharp and abstract at the same time, if that makes sense. Love it. Well done.

Hi Sara, thanks so much and thanks for looking and taking the time to comment.

Watery

A simple idea, well executed.

Nice work Jill, love the colours and shadows in the ripples.

Thanks Darren (y)

Hi Jill

inspired plan E for Watery.....I can see that printed large on Aluminium and displayed for all to see :clap:

Hi Lynne, glad you like it and thanks for taking the time to look and comment :)

Abstract watery reflection; very simple, minimal and a lovely image.

Hi Stan, thanks for looking and liking (y)

Ahhh that's bang on for me :clap:

Well to be fair, if you like it with the border, that's how you should have it and ******** to us :D

Watery - Oooo I love the colors and odd reflections in this shot, a simple image but very effective for the theme (y)

Hahahah, I'll bear that in mind. Can't beat a simple image, although coming to the idea in the first place wasn't that simple ;) Glad you like it (y)

Hiya Jill sorry for the delay!!

Beautiful shot for Companions... really really nice back lighting on the couple, super conversion and fab framing. Really well done! :clap: And what a wonderful backstory... as I've said elsewhere on another thread or two: this is what photography is REALLY about. Genuinely beautiful. Tiny technical suggestion would be to set exposure comp to another stop under to give you more leeway to recover the rimlight a bit more... Of course that now gives you an excuse to get back out in the evening sun and go for a walk together again - sure you won't complain!

Elegant - really nice shot and very elegant lighting. Super shot!

Watery - nicely done. Suitably abstract and it just works for me. Three stonking images there!

Hi
Sorry it's taken so long to get around to commenting
Fragile-good idea and composition though not too keen on dark edges
Scenic-nice to have a choice of photos, think I prefer the calmness of the second though liking the one with pedalo too
Companions-lovely shot of the two of you, liked the one with the arms lol, wonder what it would be like with a tight crop around the two heads ( no not talking about haircuts:)0
Elegant- good clear shot of carving and liking the frame
Watery-liking this, lovely colours etc, like abstract pics

Well, this was a bit of a challenge alright. My first thought was a portrait of Mr B as he was extremely BOLD taking me on :p and even bolder for staying with me :)

Then I looked up synonyms for BOLD and got adventurous, audacious, courageous, daring, fearless and undaunted, to name just a few.

Well, I did a similar pic for Mr B for Valentine's day a few years ago and he suggested I try it again now, so, here I am, adventurous, audacious, courageous, daring, fearless and undaunted :naughty: and, most of all...........

BOLD

Bold
by BrujaJill, on Flickr​

Hi, Jill, from someone who has done a few selfies :) this really does work for me and ticks all the boxes for bold. It's well composed great eye contact nice confident facial expression and I like the Scarlet background.

No crit from me in this one.

:clap:

Cheers.

Hi, can only agree with the above comments very bold indeed, well done for having the courage to post it,
I can only :clap: your effort

Well this is the first "bold" photo I have viewed and to be honest I can't think there is gonna be a better one to come along. Really like your thoughts on this and was not expecting this interpretation at all.
Love the colours/pose and plus points for the red toenail polish. You look so comfy too :)

Gaz

Back