weekly Bruja's 52 - 2017 AWOL and OUT

Excellent shot, like the exposure. Prime or telephoto that is the question!:)

For some reason, after seeeing the NSFW tags, I was expecting a bubble bath style image, no idea why !

Thought I'd give macro a go as I'm usually rubbish at it. Used my big iPad Pro for the white background and to try and give the pictures some extra luminance. No different to using a light box really except you can download any colour you want by searching good old google.

HAIRY

[url=https://flic.kr/p/QSV4Nm]

Hairy by Bruja Jill, on Flickr[/URL]

More "Passion" Jill? :D

Nice kiwi fruit pic I like the composition and using the iPad for the BG is an excellent idea, have to say was a bit worried opening the thread :wideyed:

Phew! After last weeks comfort I think this fruity shot is hairy enough. :) Nice take on the theme.

Kiwi was my first choice for the theme ... until I spotted a coconut. Very inventive with the iPad - great colour Jill.

Comfort......goes looking for an appropriate smiley.....:exit:

I think with the letter box crop it would need to be rotated 90 deg and just show from half way up like a small hill on a landscape.

(y)

Kiwi was my first choice for the theme ... until I spotted a coconut. Very inventive with the iPad - great colour Jill.

Thanks Carl. I thought coconut too but can't get them here. The iPad is great for backgrounds, I did a funky one for one of last year's themes. Glad you like it :D

Comfort......goes looking for an appropriate smiley.....:exit:

I think with the letter box crop it would need to be rotated 90 deg and just show from half way up like a small hill on a landscape.

(y)

I don't think there is an appropriate smiley :LOL:

Nice idea for a different crop. I might give it a go but I like the kind of banner it makes where you could add words on the rhs :D

Loving the detail in your 'Hairy' Jill, but the crop is bugging me, detail wise I love it and the idea of the background has worked really well too, nice one (y)

Thanks Dean, different crop below but I think it has lost some detail.

I like it. Not very hairy ... (wait until you see my submission) ... but I do like @foggy4ever 's idea. (y)

Hairy is as hairy does :p. Here's another crop.

32081303380_567163c3fc_o.jpg

I really like the original hairy, crop and all. The iPad lighting really gives it impact I think.

I really like the original hairy, crop and all. The iPad lighting really gives it impact I think.

Thanks Chris, it's my favourite too. The iPad does a great backround and I wanted the light to kind of shine through the thin slice to illumimate it from within.

Great high key photo for comfort, and nice and clean photo for hairy.

Like the crop, like the shot, fits the theme and the use of the Ipad is inspired.
Nothing clean about a Kiwi Fruit, the pips get stuck in my beard!:(

Oooh I'm liking that original shot, Jill. A very original take and not a perspective I considered. Well done :)

Like the idea,but the crop doesnt do it for me Jill, sorry.

Maybe if the image had a black border it wouldnt be so lost in all the white of the forum layout ?

Like the crop, like the shot, fits the theme and the use of the Ipad is inspired.
Nothing clean about a Kiwi Fruit, the pips get stuck in my beard!:(

Ooh, thanks Roger. You can visit here again :D

Oooh I'm liking that original shot, Jill. A very original take and not a perspective I considered. Well done :)

Thanks Ian, glad you like it.

Like the idea,but the crop doesnt do it for me Jill, sorry.

Maybe if the image had a black border it wouldnt be so lost in all the white of the forum layout ?

Thanks for the feedback Mark but if you click through to the flickr image the black background there makes a BIG difference IMHO (y)

It definitely looks better on a black background Jill....it can make a big difference, I sometimes put a really fine frame on a white photo it just gives it a bit of grounding on the white of the forum page. I think it's a great image so I tried with a frame .. I think it gives it an arty look o_O

Kiwi.jpg

It definitely looks better on a black background Jill....it can make a big difference, I sometimes put a really fine frame on a white photo it just gives it a bit of grounding on the white of the forum page. I think it's a great image so I tried with a frame .. I think it gives it an arty look o_O

Thanks Susie

View attachment 94399

I do this occasionally too..... But I take your point Jill.

Nicely done, a vibrant image and I like the novel crop, it doens't detract at all. At 100% zoom, I'd prefer it slightly sharper but screen-sized it looks brilliant.

Nicely done, a vibrant image and I like the novel crop, it doens't detract at all. At 100% zoom, I'd prefer it slightly sharper but screen-sized it looks brilliant.

Thanks Nick, glad you like it. The effort paid off. If I'd used my tripod it would have been sharper :p

Back