weekly Cargo's 52 for 2015 Machine added

I really like the composition of your Bold image Gary, the socks jump out but there is also enough interest to make me explore the image further. Good attempt :)

I really like the composition of your Bold image Gary, the socks jump out but there is also enough interest to make me explore the image further. Good attempt :)
Thanks Rob.
Would like to try this again but do it better there is still something that niggles me with this photo :-(

Gaz

Relax

Well I don't look relaxed but you can relax reading. I took this really to learn some lighting and being as I am falling behind thought I would post it for this section.

lighting_3x2_tp.jpg

Vertical

This is very minimalist. It looks like nothing when in fact it is a piece of 2x1 timber which I had in place to acheive focus for my selfie "relax" image above.

Gaz

vertical_tp.jpg

Vertical is simple but bang on theme. I can relate reading with relaxing but I don't think your image conveys this due to the posture, technically a great image though.

Vertical is simple but bang on theme. I can relate reading with relaxing but I don't think your image conveys this due to the posture, technically a great image though.

I can't really put it any better than that :)

Hi John

Yep agree totaly :)

Thanks Ruth :)

Gaz

Relax; he seems to struggling to read whats on the paper rather than relax!

Vertical; Spot on and simple (what the Meerkat says!)
Yes I agree Stan. Was a bit of a cheat really uploading this as the relax image, I took this photo/selfie in an attempt to put into practice what I had been taught a few nights previous by Ian ( named on the cover ) hence the sort of intense look.

Gaz

Slightly less intense ?

me_light_tp.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Gary

It says relax, it says you need to relax. I think it's brilliant ... best bit: you can see the glasses but not the eyes. Really is an amusing image. :clap:

Vertical is minimalistic to the extreme. The fact that it's a piece of 2x1 and not just a white line, is applaudable.

Hi Gary

It says relax, it says you need to relax. I think it's brilliant ... best bit: you can see the glasses but not the eyes. Really is an amusing image. :clap:

Vertical is minimalistic to the extreme. The fact that it's a piece of 2x1 and not just a white line, is applaudable.
Thanks David. You just made me feel great :)

Gaz

Hi Gary ...love the Bold socks..... a great idea.

What a smashing shot for Relax ....I really like it ....a very different unique choice for the theme, that crumpled piece of paper jars a little, but I still love it.

Vertical ...another great one ....minimal but effective :clap:

Hi Gary ...love the Bold socks..... a great idea.

What a smashing shot for Relax ....I really like it ....a very different unique choice for the theme, that crumpled piece of paper jars a little, but I still love it.

Vertical ...another great one ....minimal but effective :clap:
Thanks Susie :)

Gaz

Hi Gary,

Relax - nice on theme shot. I don't know anything about lighting really, so can't offer any crit, but it gave you some practice.
Vertical - a very much on theme and nicely minimalist

Hi Gary,

Relax - nice on theme shot. I don't know anything about lighting really, so can't offer any crit, but it gave you some practice.
Vertical - a very much on theme and nicely minimalist
Thanks Lorraine ;-)

Gaz

great shot for mouth, I like creative shots, it looks a tiny bit cramped but that obviously depends on how much glass you have available :)

wow really great idea and image for mouth! :)
Thank you
Mouth- quality idea and thought haha!
Cheers
Nice one Gary

Phil
Thanks Phil
great shot for mouth, I like creative shots, it looks a tiny bit cramped but that obviously depends on how much glass you have available :)
Thanks Summer. Yes there are four squares of glass you see the bottom rail in the photo and the top edge is a few inches above my head.

Gaz

Brilliant :LOL:

nice looking conversion ... and I like the tightness of it all.

Brilliant :LOL:

nice looking conversion ... and I like the tightness of it all.
Thanks David. Not very good at converting to mono but you have to try now and again.

Gaz

ANother creepy image!!
Fits the theme and gives me the willies :LOL:

ANother creepy image!!
Fits the theme and gives me the willies :LOL:
:)
Mouth, belter, slight crop of the RHS maybe but apart from that it's a great idea....if a little worrying :)

Cheers.
Thanks Andy. Yes makes me feel a bit nauseous, don't really like looking at it now.

Gaz

Hey Gary :)

Watery - An odd combination to why they would be wet, but it works, nicely lit and the watery look is nice and reflective, nice one :)

Bold - I kind of see what you were trying to do with this, but I think wearing the socks with the work trousers and shiny shoes would have pulled it off to a greater degree, nowt wrong with the lighting for me :)

Relax - Liking this one a lot, very unusual, liking the two tone background and the contrast lighting on the figure - very nice (y)

Vertical - OOo minimal and again very effective, good black background too (y)

Mouth - That's great, could do with a tiny straighten on the LHG side, other than that a great fun shot :LOL:

Hey Gary :)

Watery - An odd combination to why they would be wet, but it works, nicely lit and the watery look is nice and reflective, nice one :)

Bold - I kind of see what you were trying to do with this, but I think wearing the socks with the work trousers and shiny shoes would have pulled it off to a greater degree, nowt wrong with the lighting for me :)

Relax - Liking this one a lot, very unusual, liking the two tone background and the contrast lighting on the figure - very nice (y)

Vertical - OOo minimal and again very effective, good black background too (y)

Mouth - That's great, could do with a tiny straighten on the LHG side, other than that a great fun shot :LOL:
Thanks Mr Knight.
Very good feedback indeed. I must try harder with my feedback yours is great. If I am honest though. 1 - I don't feel qualified enough. 2 - I am very lacking in confidence in my own ability let alone giving anyone else advice.

Gaz

Hi Gary - mouth, cracking idea and very well executed. As Posiview says , it is a little bit worrying, but it works :)

:agree: nice work. A thought not a crit maybe a square frame would work?

Bold - I really like this. It’s so simple but there’s lots in there. For the theme it’s spot on with those socks. Great shot.

Relax - It’s the lighting that makes this shot including the use of a white and black backdrop. Execution is spot on as is the idea

Vertical - This is so minimalistic that you could sell this to a gallery for a fortune.

Mouth - Good thinking for the theme. I have to say I like the middle of the image but would be tempted to crop out the bright object on the RHS.

Bold - I really like this. It’s so simple but there’s lots in there. For the theme it’s spot on with those socks. Great shot.

Relax - It’s the lighting that makes this shot including the use of a white and black backdrop. Execution is spot on as is the idea

Vertical - This is so minimalistic that you could sell this to a gallery for a fortune.

Mouth - Good thinking for the theme. I have to say I like the middle of the image but would be tempted to crop out the bright object on the RHS.
Thanks Peter.
Really appreciate the feedback .

Gaz

Hi Gary

Bold....different take on the theme but I really like it , perfect layout to sooth my OCD & the layout makes those socks really pop (y)

Relax.....2nd one for me ,definitely more relaxed appearance, & I love the lighting , partic the almost solid change from black to white on the backgound :clap:

Vertical....I like that...simple , minimal but it works....though I do wonder if not having the line solid right to the edge would make a difference:thinking:

Thanks Lynne. Glad you like the background on Relax if only I good retain the knowledge so I could do it again :)

Gaz

Hi, mouth is very disturbing but I feel it needs a crop off the RHS, nice unusual take though

Hi, mouth is very disturbing but I feel it needs a crop off the RHS, nice unusual take though
Hi Allan
Yes it disturbs me everytime I see this :-(
I did think maybe the light would not sit well with some.
Thanks for leaving some feedback.

Gaz

Crowd.

crowd_tp.jpg

Gaz

Tweaked as per suggestion.

image.jpg

Last edited:
Back