Carl's 2017 TP52 Challenge

Hi Carl,
Whole - Looks like I've missed a "banana shot" whatever that may have been. The Whole Thing is quite amusing, you do need more practice colouring is and cutting out. Are there any primary school teachers that you know who could help? ;)
Structure - Where did you import that blue sky from? ;)
I prefer the angle of the first shot, much better leading lines, but as you say, #2 is unusual in that it has a running Southern train!

Whole, bit obscure, but well taken photo, bit too salady for my taste!;)
Structure, like the first one, think the hint of decay and neglect actually works as a bit of social commentary.
Like LC2 I missed the levitating banana:(

Where are you :thinking: You've been MIA this week.

Hi Jill. A bit of everything really - lost mojo and taking up artwork again ... always like sketching and painting ... never any good at it but always did enjoy it. Hope to catch up with TP52 at some stage. Hope you are well and taking advantage of that strange yellow ball in the sky.

Take it easy Carl, no need to catch up. Good to hear from you though, I always appreciate your contributions to the 52.

Take it easy Carl, no need to catch up. Good to hear from you though, I always appreciate your contributions to the 52.
That's very kind of you to say Chris - thank you.

Hey @Carl Ayling , dont lose the mojo, I always enjoy your contributions - both images and crit.....
Come back and have some fun with us all....

Hi Jill. A bit of everything really - lost mojo and taking up artwork again ... always like sketching and painting ... never any good at it but always did enjoy it. Hope to catch up with TP52 at some stage. Hope you are well and taking advantage of that strange yellow ball in the sky.

:(:(:(

:hug:

You've been working too hard Carl, take the weekend off, see you first thing Monday, and don't forget NUMBERS, and don't forget we love you. (y)

I'm glad I stumbled on this Carl - I'd missed your lovely presence on the threads. Hopefully a change in creative outlet will recharge your photographic batteries. I do love your very creative and clever takes on the themes. In the meantime enjoy your art and as David says - we love you!

Hey @Carl Ayling , dont lose the mojo, I always enjoy your contributions - both images and crit.....Come back and have some fun with us all....
You've been working too hard Carl, take the weekend off, see you first thing Monday, and don't forget NUMBERS, and don't forget we love you. (y)
I'm glad I stumbled on this Carl - I'd missed your lovely presence on the threads. Hopefully a change in creative outlet will recharge your photographic batteries. I do love your very creative and clever takes on the themes. In the meantime enjoy your art and as David says - we love you!
Agree with the above, have the weekend off then come back with a bang, as I too really like getting comments from you (y)
There's a theme going here Carl .... we really do miss you :( ... do come back very soon.

Aw! So kind of you all to say those lovely things. A few behind the scenes issues which I won't bore you with but hopefully back soon. I enjoy the TP community and the company too much to keep away for long. :)

Oi Carl... whats this I keep reading, get your @RSE back in here forthwith :bat: :D
Thanks Dean although I think I may be in danger of plumbing the murky depths of the Wall of Shame before long.

Last edited:
sounds like u could have toggers block to me, as i know i got it twice, once after my 2yrs of 365s and then last year, barely scraping the 52, i took a step back and found another creative outlet til i felt 'right' enough to try again...

sounds like u could have toggers block to me, as i know i got it twice, once after my 2yrs of 365s and then last year, barely scraping the 52, i took a step back and found another creative outlet til i felt 'right' enough to try again...
Yeah maybe right there Frank ... won't do any harm having a break - been meaning to dust down my sketch pad and paints for quite a while.

Back