weekly Chenti - 2019 52 Week Challenge - W26 - Drink

Three super shots to catch up.
Smooth and Above are bang on theme. Above very much so!!
I particularly like your take on hot. A perfect capture!!!

Hot - that exhaust blurry stuffs - great!

Great set of images Vince!
Smooth: I like it....especially with the Renault RS27 V8(?) engine in the background!
Above: Stunning overhead image....great pov and such great colours too...very nicely taken image!
Hot: Wow! Great shot! The heat haze from the exhaust is perfect! What aircraft is it? Looks a bit like an F22 Raptor, but it has a single engine.
Nice work Vince!(y)

Hot - excellent shot, definitely hot, and fast! Great heat haze behind the jet engine

Great set of images Vince!
Smooth: I like it....especially with the Renault RS27 V8(?) engine in the background!
Above: Stunning overhead image....great pov and such great colours too...very nicely taken image!
Hot: Wow! Great shot! The heat haze from the exhaust is perfect! What aircraft is it? Looks a bit like an F22 Raptor, but it has a single engine.
Nice work Vince!(y)
Thanks Gareth
You know your F1 engines then. Yes its the RS27 and indeed was the V8

I presume the Smooth shot is the smoothie and not the Renault engine in the background.

I think you are the first and only drone shot for the theme.

Nice shot of the jet exhaust but I like to see more room on the left for the jet to fly into.

Cheers Stan
Yeah I should have cropped that differently to give it more space. Unfortunately its would have had more of a pano feel as the bottom section was full of people and I wanted to keep the scene less busy.

Good shot for both Smooth and above. Really liking your shot for Hot - I can almost feel the heat! Like that you have included the heat haze. It really adds to it.

I like the shot for above, the colour of the water looks great, and I think you've composed it really well.

Hot definitely meets the theme, and it's got lots of interesting shapes and textures on the RHS

Smooth fits the theme well. I agree with the engine being a tad distracting but the smoothie looks great

Above - I think that's great. Superbly framed - is this taken from a plane window or with a drone?

Hot - just wow! Everything about that image is wonderful. Action, drama, the ripples from the exhaust blast, the fire from the engine - wow!

Very nice ray of light there, would love to drive that road :)

Those crepuscular rays look beautiful and the misty bits on the sea are ace too. The two white lines of the path really help it stand out against the dark foreground.

Free - Really like this one, saturated colours work really well.
Entrance - Nice abstract image.
Young - Cute puppies, they match the rug very well. Like the vignette, cant tell if its the light or been added in PP?
Food - Like the idea, reflections and colours work well. I do like jelly babies! As others have said about the far right one but I don't think i could have done any better.
Smooth - On theme, the smoothie colour stands out against the background.
Above - NIce drone shot. The colours in this one are really nice. Enough going on to make it interesting to look at but very calm and quiet at the same time.
Hot - Really like the heat trail from the plane. An F35 I believe? Colours of the engine exhaust and the trail show heat nicely.
Light - Looks like interesting road! Really suits mono. Light rays and where the sea is picking up stand out nicely against the background, while the white lines of the road draw you in nicely.

Nice Vince!

Those crepuscular rays look beautiful and the misty bits on the sea are ace too. The two white lines of the path really help it stand out against the dark foreground.
@Carl Hall I have never heard of crepuscular rays ! What a fantastic word ! Moreover Chenti the submission is fantastic! What a view ! Like the others magic !

Great catch up shots. I particularly like the overhead shot, plenty of colour and interest.

Your light image is exceptional Chenti. Everything about it is moody, atmospheric and the rays of light are perfect. The leading line of the road finishes of the image nicely. There is only room for one car on there though :)

Week 19 - Decay. <Flickr Link

Taken in Havana, Cuba. I was amazed how many of the buildings are being lived in when they really should be knocked down as they are so dangerous, Alas the Cuban people have a very hard time and make the best job of it they can. Lovely people
TP Week 19 - Decay - Tiny.jpg

Last edited:
Lovely shot!

The rainbow for the the theme is spot on ! There is something about the texture on the water that really adds to the shot in my opinion. Cracking shot !

Crowded - what an amazing road the is and the trees are otherworldly. Great capture. I like the fact that the foreground people are out of focus. It works well

Decay - wonderful. Amazing building in an amazing country. The decaying architecture in Havana is both fascinating and slightly disturbing in the fact that they have to live this way. Nice image and brings back memories of my visit there

Free week - superb image - great detail to it, lovely dof. Colours are making it pop

Whole - what a great capture, A whole rainbow and another to back it up. Lovely changing sea colours. I love this

Lovely shot!
The rainbow for the the theme is spot on ! There is something about the texture on the water that really adds to the shot in my opinion. Cracking shot !
Crowded - what an amazing road the is and the trees are otherworldly. Great capture. I like the fact that the foreground people are out of focus. It works well

Decay - wonderful. Amazing building in an amazing country. The decaying architecture in Havana is both fascinating and slightly disturbing in the fact that they have to live this way. Nice image and brings back memories of my visit there

Free week - superb image - great detail to it, lovely dof. Colours are making it pop

Whole - what a great capture, A whole rainbow and another to back it up. Lovely changing sea colours. I love this

Thanks for your comments guys
The swan I was pretty happy with, party due to the background as I didn’t think it would come out like that.

Smashing images Vince!:clap:

Crowded: Fab image of a very interesting path....the OOF foreground was the right choice, really draws your eyes towards those wonderful trees!
Decay: Great angle on this crumbling building which I sense would have been truly spectacular in it's day. The person standing in the window on the right is a nice framing touch too.
Free: Very nice close up and super sharp....those tiny droplets are very well captured!
Whole: Terrific sense of mood and drama, and such a wonderfully changeable sky you've captured. The rainbow is the perfect finishing touch!

Back