weekly Chrispp My 52's Challenge Weeks 33,34,35,& 36

A good effort for week zero, Chris. I like the processing and subject is spot on for topic. Look forward to seeing more.

Good to see a new face Chris, I'm sure you'll enjoy it ....you're off to an excellent start, it makes you wonder just how that car got there in the first place!
Thanks sisiejb, most people ask the same question. It's in the middle of a Forrest ! No roads, tracks etc.
I would love to know the model though ? It's been there for years as long as I can remember.

Welcome Chris - what an excellent first image. Like the subject, the colour and texture if the rust and most of all the dappled light playing across the bonnet. :clap:

Hi Chris, a super start for the challenge from you - well done!

It's an interesting subject and obvious that we should be looking at that. You've captured the detail in the dark areas and the lighter areas well, so that's good. And I light the way the light is falling across the bonnet.

That's a great first image and I'm looking forward to more of your images! :clap:

Thanks all for your kind reply's really appreciated. Just looking through the list I could kick myself as this would of been ideal for abandoned ! Never mind though I have some ideas for that one already.
Ready to start on the next one !

Chris

Nice choice for the theme Chris - great composition and I love that vibrancy of colour. :clap:

A couple of good starts there Chris, nicely done.

(BTW don't feel as though you have to "catch up" if you don't want to, just jump in where you like)

Nice choice for the theme Chris - great composition and I love that vibrancy of colour. :clap:

Thanks very much Carl Ayling was a stacked image of 10 shots. Pleased with the outcome.Thanks for your comments
I like your Metal photo a lot, lovely colours

Many thanks, I agree just love rust ! Thanks very much sirch for your comments

A couple of good starts there Chris, nicely done.

(BTW don't feel as though you have to "catch up" if you don't want to, just jump in where you like)

Cobra, catch up ! I am goning to give it a go for sure ! Just when I can. Must admit really enjoying this part of the forum.
Just shows you that there's more than the classifieds ! ;)

Nice start couple of good shots there, well done

Thanks for your comments wallyboy most appreciated

Old - would work well for Abandoned too
Metal - great colours and textures

Nice take on the theme Chris - great spot, excellently taken.

Welcome to the melee Chris.
  • Old - Fits the theme. We have burnt out cars in our local waste ground too, makes you wonder how some of them actually got there sometimes.
    I see you've realised it might have been better to save it for "Abandoned" though :)

• Metal - Must have been quite a close up of the weights, 4oz isn't going to be very large. Plenty of detail and just a hint of shallow dof towards the top right.

• Captive - Well and truly on theme there. Lots of detail. :)
    I was a bit confused as to how the branch goes so quickly out of focus towards the top right. It seemed a bit odd. Then I saw the second posting, which is far better in my opinion. It gives it context (not totally necessary) but also does away with what I guess must have been a fake OOF blur.

• Miniature - Excellent shot and processing. the image suits TS nicely.

Welcome to the melee Chris.
  • Old - Fits the theme. We have burnt out cars in our local waste ground too, makes you wonder how some of them actually got there sometimes.
    I see you've realised it might have been better to save it for "Abandoned" though :)

• Metal - Must have been quite a close up of the weights, 4oz isn't going to be very large. Plenty of detail and just a hint of shallow dof towards the top right.

• Captive - Well and truly on theme there. Lots of detail. :)
    I was a bit confused as to how the branch goes so quickly out of focus towards the top right. It seemed a bit odd. Then I saw the second posting, which is far better in my opinion. It gives it context (not totally necessary) but also does away with what I guess must have been a fake OOF blur.

• Miniature - Excellent shot and processing. the image suits TS nicely.

Tim Thanks very much for your feedback really appreciated. I am enjoying this thread ! And the kind feedback offered.

Old your right but I have another idea for abandoned.

The metal was a stack of around 9-11 photos can't remember to be honest.

Captive I tend to agree with you there hence the second upload. I want to go back and watch this metal work get 'engulfed' over the forthcoming years

Miniature, need to work on my PS blur to be honest. Thought it may of been over processed ?

I am on my travels around London tomorrow so lets see what I can capture.

Thanks again Tim

Miniature, need to work on my PS blur to be honest. Thought it may of been over processed ?
Nice T&S image Chris, the background works well IMO,
but again, just my opinion I'd be inclined to soften( blur) the foreground left hand side, as the transition is a little harsh.

Nice T&S image Chris, the background works well IMO,
but again, just my opinion I'd be inclined to soften( blur) the foreground left hand side, as the transition is a little harsh.
Tend to agree but I'm buggered if I can get PS to blur where I really want it to. This was both a TS blur and separate blur. Need to look into this more. Thanks for the feedback most appreciated it's what I need. Chris

but I'm buggered if I can get PS to blur where I really want it to.
What version of PS have you? most of them have a blur brush ..
If you aren't sure...

Untitled-1.jpg

Next one Week 4 Happy

I remembered a photo I took in Agra India, two lads on a bike who were really happy when they saw us ! For no reason really.
When I catch up i will make sure the pics are taken that week. Must admit I have over a 1000 images from India which I still have to sort and process.

Happy2 by Chris_Pritchard1, on Flickr

Thanks for looking and allowing me to take part

Chris

Last edited:
Great catch up, old is a nice composition, great colour in metal, captive great subject and well taken, miniature has worked well, happy is a great capture too.
Thanks Clive, I have started the journey now and want to catch up. I appreciate the feedback as I am relatively new to photography and need good or bad :) Chris

Captive - great spot It's perfect for the theme and I like the quirkyness of it
Miniature - good use of TS works well
Happy - they certainly look happy to me especially the one on the back

Hi Chris

Old ... wow what a find! And what moody light you've got there.

Metal ... some serious heavy metal there, good colour & texture.

Capture ... what a great interpretation, another good find, nicely shot.

Miniature ... really effective tilt-shift job.

Happy ... nice one

A great selection so far. But we do have rules you know ;). Firstly, we'd like you to be on the same page as the rest on us, Week 17 Week 18 starting soon, and fill in old missed one after doing the current week. Secondly you must state clearly if you're posting an archive shot.

Hi Chris

Old ... wow what a find! And what moody light you've got there.

Metal ... some serious heavy metal there, good colour & texture.

Capture ... what a great interpretation, another good find, nicely shot.

Miniature ... really effective tilt-shift job.

Happy ... nice one

A great selection so far. But we do have rules you know ;). Firstly, we'd like you to be on the same page as the rest on us, Week 17 Week 18 starting soon, and fill in old missed one after doing the current week. Secondly you must state clearly if you're posting an archive shot.

Ahh right, I'll start on the week and fill in the missing etc. Didn't know about the archive shot so far only one is Happy so not too bad I hope. Thanks for letting know though appreciate that Chris

Been away from the 52 project for a bit and have missed your start and catch up. Your doing a great job.

Old - Great find, you've done a nice job with the light. Can't be long before it starts having trees growing up through it.
Metal - Lovely detail and colours. I wouldn't have guessed that it was a macro with out the weight on it.
Captive - well spotted. I prefer the closer crop and orientation of the first one but the blur (particularly on the left) looks strange. Difficult one with that branch coming out towards you.
Miniature - Great choice for the TS, works well.
Happy - Nice, they certainly look happy.

Look forward to seeing more of your shots over the coming weeks.

Great bit of panning Chris - nice DoF creating that clarity of image. Happy chappies certainly :clap:

Been away from the 52 project for a bit and have missed your start and catch up. Your doing a great job.

Old - Great find, you've done a nice job with the light. Can't be long before it starts having trees growing up through it.
Metal - Lovely detail and colours. I wouldn't have guessed that it was a macro with out the weight on it.
Captive - well spotted. I prefer the closer crop and orientation of the first one but the blur (particularly on the left) looks strange. Difficult one with that branch coming out towards you.
Miniature - Great choice for the TS, works well.
Happy - Nice, they certainly look happy.

Look forward to seeing more of your shots over the coming weeks.

Thanks Steve, kind comments really appreciated. I have had a few rethinks on the captive photo. I am planning to revisit over the coming months to see the new growth and different seasons. I want to catch up but realise that things might suffer if I rush so I will slow down a tad.

Great bit of panning Chris - nice DoF creating that clarity of image. Happy chappies certainly :clap:

Thanks Carl, the whole place was amazing. The happiness of the people is really overwhelming. I think I'll upload a different thread on my India visit.

Back