Clives 52 in 2020

Great idea Clive, well executed and a nice piece of family memorabilia too.

Nice shots. Certainly they are showing their age - the look quite heavy too.

Not sure on green or grey, but orange is very useful on overcast days in the snow, as it brings the shape back that otherwise goes very flat.
They are lovely old binns, nicely shot.
Thanks Tim, not likely to get to test them in the snow this year on the south coast. I hope.

Great shot for ability, super subject for it, would also suit a mono conversion I think.

2nd winter shot for me - looks lovely and warming! The puff of smoke that looks like it's coming out of the bottle in #1 suggests it was a bit too close to the fire?!

Ability - some lovely images, really nice detail and I agree the mono version is better.
Winter - wow! sublime colour and warmth in those images, all of them are cracking. Breat idea for the theme.

Winter - 2 great images lovely and warm just what you need on a cold and blustery winter night.

What a good idea for Winter... much fun in taking it too I would imagine ;)

Hi Clive

Thats an interesting photo of the binos, I have some not quite so old or battered that my dad liberated from a german tank commander in ww2

What a nice warm image for the winter theme. I did have a similar idea, but went for another image from Sunday

Pete

I can feel the heat from here Clive, a very nice warming image for a winters day
#1 for me.

2nd winter shot for me - looks lovely and warming! The puff of smoke that looks like it's coming out of the bottle in #1 suggests it was a bit too close to the fire?!
Hi Shugpug it was not too close it just looked close, 2nd for me too.

Ability - some lovely images, really nice detail and I agree the mono version is better.
Winter - wow! sublime colour and warmth in those images, all of them are cracking. Breat idea for the theme.
Hi Jim, got the colour by setting an overhead LED smart light to Red, and combining that with the fire, and no flash.

Winter - 2 great images lovely and warm just what you need on a cold and blustery winter night.
Cheers Mark

I will go for winter #2 as well, lovely colours.
Thanks Dave, it is my favourite too.

What a good idea for Winter... much fun in taking it too I would imagine ;)
Thanks Helen it was an enjoyable session.

Winter, great shots, very inviting!
Thanks Mark, I had to finish the Remy Martin to get this shot.

Hi Clive

Thats an interesting photo of the binos, I have some not quite so old or battered that my dad liberated from a german tank commander in ww2

What a nice warm image for the winter theme. I did have a similar idea, but went for another image from Sunday

Pete
Thanks Pete

I can feel the heat from here Clive, a very nice warming image for a winters day
#1 for me.
Thank you Cobra, got the affect I was looking for!

You really can feel the heat coming off those! I also prefer the second shot - nice take on the theme :)

Blimey they're old. I think the ability to last a long time, could also have a title.

You really can feel the heat coming off those! I also prefer the second shot - nice take on the theme :)
Thank you, Fi

Great and clever take on Winter. Out of the box but well on point.
Thank you David, I did something similar for comfort a couple of years back (with Southern Comfort) but this one worked better I think.

Blimey they're old. I think the ability to last a long time, could also have a title.
Thanks Dominic

I like your winter warmer - looks like the bottle is yet to be opened - something to look forward to.

Winter shots are great - I feel warm looking at them.

Winter shots are great - I feel warm looking at them.
Thank you Dave, it's nice when you get the effect you were aiming for.

Loving the warmth in the shot, such a good way of expressing winter, yet no one else went with it.
Excellent thinking and brilliantly executed :)
Thank you for that Tim.

Great winter shot! Great colour and great light. I prefer the closer crop, less clutter!

Week 10 Depict a Book

Being an avid reader I quite like this week's theme, although I did waste a few hours searching my garage for a small dorrit. In the end I went for 2 from authors that are very different but both excellent.
First a legal thriller.
20200307_142001.jpg

The second is by a travel writer who I think is funny, brave and probably slightly mad.
20200307_142117.jpg

2 really nice images, although fro me it's the first, it is just lovely. Nice warm colours, really good lighting and good for the theme.

I have no idea what either of the titles are. Can you give me a clue?

Back