weekly Cloudforest's 52 for 2021 Week 7 Film

Name
Pete
Edit My Images
No
After completing and enjoying my first 52 in 2020, I thought I'd better give it another go.

Nice start Pete!

That's a lovely image, I really like the perspective, lght and composition. A fantastic start to your 52.

Difficult subject with all those trees hemming the church in. The shadows on the snow look really cool, but on the building they hide the detail in that central window. Nowt to be done about it though. Lovely wintery image.

More snow.. I'm getting very jealous of you northern folk! Lovely low winter light makes a pleasing composition.

Hi Pete @Cloudforest

Nicely framed by evergreens with blue sky. Shadows can be challenging but look fab on the snow here. :)

Lovely shot! Super wintery day. I think the hedges either side frame the church beautifully.

I too am jealous of the snow. Lovely wintery image.

nicely framed but as mentioned above the shadows on the church are a bit of a problem, the lights quite low in the sky this time of year.
good start to the year

Very nice Pete (y)
Nothing to add TBH :)

Ten minutes earlier and the circular window might have been in the light. Nice shot nevertheless.

Stunning shot, the beautiful blue sky and the shadows from the trees captured in the snow.
A real picture postcard image.

Love the contrast between white snow and blue sky. No such luck down South where everything is grey.

Very nice!
Thanks Paul

That's a cracking image Pete, very nicely taken and like the shadow coming off the tree and the snow just finishes it off nicely.

Blue sky too.
Cheers Dave

Nice angle for your shot, lovely blue winter sky too
Thanks Clive

Nice start Pete!
Cheers Dave

I love this photo, I have a thing for Church photos. Love the colour of the sky in this, beautiful!
Thanks Tom. You may see a number of churches in my 52!

That's a lovely image, I really like the perspective, lght and composition. A fantastic start to your 52.
Thanks Jim

Difficult subject with all those trees hemming the church in. The shadows on the snow look really cool, but on the building they hide the detail in that central window. Nowt to be done about it though. Lovely wintery image.
Thanks Ian. I lightened the shadows a blt but they were quite strong.

More snow.. I'm getting very jealous of you northern folk! Lovely low winter light makes a pleasing composition.
Thanks Helen.

No fair. I want snow :(
That's very Christmas postcard, especially with the strong blue sky.
Cheers Tim.

Hi Pete @Cloudforest

Nicely framed by evergreens with blue sky. Shadows can be challenging but look fab on the snow here. :)
Thanks David.

Lovely shot! Super wintery day. I think the hedges either side frame the church beautifully.
Thanks Roxanne

I too am jealous of the snow. Lovely wintery image.
Thank you Alison

nicely framed but as mentioned above the shadows on the church are a bit of a problem, the lights quite low in the sky this time of year.
good start to the year
Thanks Allan. Yes the shadows do distract somewhat.

Good to see you are staying for another year of fun and pain. :giggle:
Like the use of the trees as frameing for the church and agree what others said about the strong shadows.
Thanks Stan. Looking forward to another go.

Very nice Pete (y)
Nothing to add TBH :)
Cheers Chris.

Ten minutes earlier and the circular window might have been in the light. Nice shot nevertheless.
Thanks Martin. I think you're right about the light.

Great start - lovely with the bright blue sky!
Cheers Alex

Stunning shot, the beautiful blue sky and the shadows from the trees captured in the snow.
A real picture postcard image.
Thanks Heather

Love the contrast between white snow and blue sky. No such luck down South where everything is grey.
Cheers Nick.

Beautifully executed... that's making me thirsty!

Tiny mark on the lemon rind at two o'clock, but not enough to make me send the drink back!

Fruit
Good white background, the lemon standout well. The glass is losing a bit of detail around the edges at the bottom, but it's not the end of the world.

Nice & bright & fresh looking. Works really well.

Fab fruity pic Pete :)

Last edited:
looks very refreshing, clean and simple it works well.

Great use of the bright background and the lemon is a lovely splash of colour. Really good size i the image too. But, (sorry) is it leaning to the left ever so slightly (or is it my didgy eyes?)?

Great composition and lighting! The only thing I can pick, and this would be really picky is that the bubbles are a tiny bit distracting and I wonder if still water would have also worked?

That being said - the colours and overall in your face brightness and cheeriness (sorely needed now!) are great!

Now that's the best use of fruit! A lovely shot... sharp, crisp and really well executed. I am very impressed!

That's a very clean looking image Pete.
A great take on the theme too.

Back