weekly d00d's 52 in 2016 ... week 52 celebration

I echo a lot of what's been said, both great images but I find the first really captivating because there's so much going on

Topical. Nice shot and right on theme. Why do I never spot these kinds of things??

Living world....First shot for me David. A different take on the theme.

Hi d00d, both good in there own way but will go for the crow, it is indeed the the living world in all its glory

Danger - Bang on theme the sign says it all and the movement adds to the sense of danger.

Topical - 1 a different take on the theme but it works. 2. I much prefer this one both good for the theme

living world - 2 good pics for the theme lots of interest in the first. I'm with Winter on the second one but cannot deny it is well taken and has great detail.

#1 for me. The lady right of centre really pops out.

Cheers.
Hey David :)

The Living world - for pure themeyness I'm liking no:2 not just because it feels familiar (usually a cat digging in for snacks here), the living world in the real world shot !!!

But my interest vote too goes to the first, very busy crossing and I too am drawn to the lady in the middle with the big brown boots - Nice Image :)
Thanks guys ... yeah I was lucky to get her in the forefront like that.

I echo a lot of what's been said, both great images but I find the first really captivating because there's so much going on
Thanks Colm
Topical. Nice shot and right on theme. Why do I never spot these kinds of things??
for me sometimes it's about coming up with an idea, doing the research, then going out to get it.
Living world....First shot for me David. A different take on the theme.
Thanks Ruth
Hi d00d, both good in there own way but will go for the crow, it is indeed the the living world in all its glory
Glad you like it Allan. As I said it's an archive shot but just had to include it in the theme.
Danger - Bang on theme the sign says it all and the movement adds to the sense of danger.

Topical - 1 a different take on the theme but it works. 2. I much prefer this one both good for the theme

living world - 2 good pics for the theme lots of interest in the first. I'm with Winter on the second one but cannot deny it is well taken and has great detail.
Thanks for your input minx. (y)

Campden Hill Square this afternoon.

Week 10 Spiky
rdydJcFLxL9cM7yuBOFzIjCjSfCntkafVDkFo-tMmJZsnEbBkf__bUUOwvhxG81FgtMh1fKia_-PpPIE_PBGBAaEW1eSsKU0xMlwggR72XyJz4AIzOwdGeGxTR6tcqdc8rcKY1JXWyfddhYzZsXqqtc0uldvB24YxCZQyP_iXRFZRJRs6aZ3yLSKOnPNdzND9JwNoxs-17NS06njehlXzYxDfazfRr7MjJNHpnr31TvHj0KGAJ7P3DLFuXnZ7mflRJQbIs-Q5A-ZcLVI9HYIi9qcPKG1hQYaXxbTdwpyo0TOMd-4OyJSvOw0QabkFycdZQUC7BKS6qFmOYDUKjkWBRykU6K5Z-Z94yNO3vKNnx4pbTdB3zx0U_Wx6gsd3xePGsjiaUwKvf_EGdoqz5cU3TAYq3SYjRr4MahYPin2_XlcoNKMFhEDpCZCaYX3XGFFl24opEc2-jTa7qhu1YGejg8ZGliuh4lqxQS2WcVwCaNk_A9W5TiTTk3LdMcIdH6PoMzfk_Z3LPWCouHTQgR6hEKNLHSDDuko8SjT-mO4IwRPfvGShaxo2onFGgKP2Z67V0P0=w1805-h893-no

That's rather pleasing David (y)

I've just been eying up the fence on a warden assisted place just down the road - almost an exact replica of the one you've posted ha ha. Certainly spikey. :)

I think the horizontal could do with being a tad more in focus (i think, been staring too long now), although the main spikes are in focus, so not much in it, real nice simple idea, perfect symmetry and good to be dead on parallel to the railings too, nice one David (y)

spiky - simple and nicely aligned good choice for the theme

Hi David, some good shots there.

Living world 1 is really engaging and not sure why. What's she spotted? I like it and although it's simple, it's interesting.
#2 is a cracker. The OOF feathers in the background add a sense of battle and the flesh on its beak works well. Lighting is good (maybe touch more shadow detail underneath?) and composition spot on for me. Brilliant take! :clap:
Spiky isn't as strong for me but it's a decent image. Nicely on point ;) Looks perhaps a tiny tiny bit soft? Maybe just needs a bit of selective sharpening in post?

Spiky.
Spot on. Very graphic. Fab background great exsposure.

Gaz

hi david..getting slowly round ... all seem to fit the themes, though some are a tad flat, that's something you will grow with. i saw the color correction on captive, but Happy was stopped me.. great angle..dangerous of course great shot, great streaks, Abandoned... i saw more the lady on the LHS as she had an expression of being let down? guess i look for things not dead centre, but still like that moment a lot. Spiky, it was nice...but begun to blend in on the background..which could make it dangerous... Living World, the bird, eating the other bird... (y) aced it!!

Hi David like the simplicity of the your image for Spiky looks pretty straight to me. I wonder if a black and white conversion would suit it?

Spiky - Simple shot that works perfectly for the theme. Only slight crit from me is I'm not really a fan of unconventional crop ratios! (Weirdo I know!) Symmetry works, although maybe a shot down the fence (with some shallow DOF) would've worked too? :)

Hi David, a strong choice for this theme and you've positioned yourself perfectly to have everything straight and symmetrical, which is never straightforward with something as regular as this. I wonder whether cropping it at one or both sides, to lose maybe two of the spikes and make them more prominent in the frame, might add more impact? Nonetheless, it's a really good spot (y)

Straightforward and to the point ;)
Seems pretty damn on symetrical too. Nice one.
(y) thanks Tim ... gave it a tiny stretch in PP
That's rather pleasing David (y)
(y)
Certainly fits the theme, nice lighting on the details
(y)
I've just been eying up the fence on a warden assisted place just down the road - almost an exact replica of the one you've posted ha ha. Certainly spikey. :)
(y) damned wardens they shooed me away a few times.
spiky - simple and nicely aligned good choice for the theme
(y)

I think the horizontal could do with being a tad more in focus (i think, been staring too long now), although the main spikes are in focus, so not much in it, real nice simple idea, perfect symmetry and good to be dead on parallel to the railings too, nice one David (y)
Spiky isn't as strong for me but it's a decent image. Nicely on point ;) Looks perhaps a tiny tiny bit soft? Maybe just needs a bit of selective sharpening in post?
thanks DK & Paul ... I didn't want to play in PP apart from the above mentioned little stretch and crop. It's a difficult subject to focus on especially when holding the camera above eye-level on a slightly busy pavement. Some rusty old spikes would have been easier.

Hi David, some good shots there.

Living world 1 is really engaging and not sure why. What's she spotted? I like it and although it's simple, it's interesting.
#2 is a cracker. The OOF feathers in the background add a sense of battle and the flesh on its beak works well. Lighting is good (maybe touch more shadow detail underneath?) and composition spot on for me. Brilliant take! :clap:
(y)
Hi, simple and straight forward spiky, works for the theme
(y)
Spiky.
Spot on. Very graphic. Fab background great exsposure.

Gaz
(y)
Hi David like the simplicity of the your image for Spiky looks pretty straight to me. I wonder if a black and white conversion would suit it?
(y) ... Hmmm ... I don't normally go in for B&W
Spiky - Simple shot that works perfectly for the theme. Only slight crit from me is I'm not really a fan of unconventional crop ratios! (Weirdo I know!) Symmetry works, although maybe a shot down the fence (with some shallow DOF) would've worked too? :)
(y) Damn, just when I was discovering the joy of the letterbox. :p
Hi David, a strong choice for this theme and you've positioned yourself perfectly to have everything straight and symmetrical, which is never straightforward with something as regular as this. I wonder whether cropping it at one or both sides, to lose maybe two of the spikes and make them more prominent in the frame, might add more impact? Nonetheless, it's a really good spot (y)
(y) thanks Andrea. I took a number of shots, did different crops, anything from a dozen down to three spikes. Difficult to know what's best.
Hiya d00d ....simple but very effective ...nice one (y)
(y)
Nice find, and well done on the symmetry!
(y)

Simple and effective! Contrast between the green foliage and the black metal. And I like the symmetry.

Living world. Definitely number 2 for me. The living Vs death juxtaposition is in your face brilliance. Love the meaty bits on the black fellows beak

Spiky: Spikes perhaps a tad lost in the background but do like the central lighting and the vignette type appearance this creates

Spiky - The lighting on the spikes highlights the shape and metallic nature of the spikes and I think the contrast between the spikes and leaves works very well.

Simple and effective! Contrast between the green foliage and the black metal. And I like the symmetry.
Nice pleasing spiky image - great contrast between the dark and sharp edged railings and the soft green foliage
Living world. Definitely number 2 for me. The living Vs death juxtaposition is in your face brilliance. Love the meaty bits on the black fellows beak

Spiky: Spikes perhaps a tad lost in the background but do like the central lighting and the vignette type appearance this creates
Spiky - The lighting on the spikes highlights the shape and metallic nature of the spikes and I think the contrast between the spikes and leaves works very well.
I like the symmetry and balance of spiky, but I'm not sure it completely grabs me as an image. I like both your loving world shots very much though - especially the second. It certainly brings home the circle of life.
Thanks all ... good to hear from you. (y)

... saw these flowers today in my local cemetery ... don't know if they look obviously artificial or not.

week 11 - Artificial
omN_VoanQM6creTA0fS0Rhjmy2xVeCe0Pawnv9M-qVWuETQ8kusteRj8mjuMei_1f_6eFt4VgppfR5Zt1OafrBpHmZrmDvcUszH5rvrmcNrhA_Rpnb_OVXitnYyD5Bm19P8RBSKDzMRpTN3UpYMeSkB40hGGt3GzoWBvWk-bXqAGfmRVhzFimEaxLAUc6ZwdAKKHUAX84B7KR0Ll1Z79gui9IClUK-Rinkqbxd_LiAD8Ghnfwxr-QxpvM_ydhBsSM3dORW2KuaQZKHvsXeYvYwBSsSmx3WBgBzQKgrl0jrm2d7V08I3Y_3O46TQGm98oLychInWqlxIFVpgagwaeZn8IRAUuJU--DdWP88RkdgIN5RsD6rAc_IeiXMfB9Q6Hw8017gfxwxI31G5G7bTPTNUkSCIj9ECixJnVj1N-5NKq_C9EdF9uT43uy1JzlxltAol50Rvvm6DeiMNBFFMxzBN4eDekydCD9QSj3keTUmG7_m_irnIvD3fdlqfnZssUNVCEcRAycoG9bXwjUa5dQd1P46I77DdLIg9je7CcLoBZEc2q9BGcEUnV_j3A2c69zf5q=w1100-h893-no

I like the random angles of the grave stones and the stark contrast of the flowers, a strong image.

Certainly fits the theme for Spiky nicely framed and good DoF, Artificial, like the angle you used and the flowers certainly pop

Those flowers really pop out from the image with the muted colours of the background they certainly look Artificial to me

Topical - What a great shot, the eu has been a popular topic for topical but this one is one of the best.
Living World - Prefer the first the cluster of people in street rather than the second but both great images
Spiky - A shot I was looking at but just couldn't get it right unlike you. I like how the last posts are cropped identically and the shrubbery at the back contrasts well.
Artificial - I like the shot, moody and dark. Maybe the flowers are a little two saturated although it does make them more obviously artificial

Hi David... for some reason that graveyard pic for artificial makes me smile! It's the jaunty angles of all the headstones etc. and the vibrant colours all seem to combine to make it look alarmingly fun :thinking:

And I mean all of that in a complimentary way because I think you've taken a good, very on-theme shot. Nicely done.

What an amazing grave yard!
The leaning tower(s) of head stones make a really nice back drop to the ( not so) artificial looking flowers.
Well spotted David :)

Back