weekly d00d's 52 in 2016 ... week 52 celebration

Effort ... thanks for the cappuccinos.

kSZCrr6bahYliRgGutVtJDCYrmQwR5k1JPGgKwJc1zJC_uuHPEbFjzw-bxidydF0I7Mp9QiMKvzlZrskDuHYZsn2yrxNdctAHJcYWIr80kVN9UuDvuE1TFtyzeVfSXIBEBvxajUj5eJc3awhwn59dwAS_K6LPkDTgZm5n0mx5coEQL_jGTvJxXf6X2qUJ5GNaFgcgEDLPvmDpab6a4Y053P-uwziX6Stp95JlEvG8GHBEFXKOO_21eUlHsfc8ge6prc5Az_2uAOXlNPrw6MqPIcykKJ2oT1hYAYb9qfCfopd4ay6rGtJ0t38A3gNv7upH0G0i1KMHH9EDeNHyT4GmsRw3VdbcFOae9SgD9IA_W77msETshqoBkawK0Pc5l-0qEx_qICWm8tFyvyBpDtQMysO_YF1k4D12MmBqtBQT6r-ueCs1dGVPlfmbJKPerVCHrvDmhXodkN5VgC9SIaIfN-t92ebuyZRne6g12zUDVpx-9ewMGItzeKE7HFmFZ7NfO1Y1aXx1vc-BNzjUdOI3dpM71-W4g30j15remJBd2bvUQFw5hANiBHwtBAMhxBnOKJ_=w1118-h893-no

Hi David. What a lovely portraiture - great expression there - could be boredom but to me it looks more like a slight disapproving glance. Spot on with the wb and nice use of DoF and lashings of bravery to take the shot in the first place. :clap:

Good capture, like the expression on the main subject and the washed out background but I find the second waitress hidden by the coffee machine a bit distracting,

Thanks guys .... She looks almost Pre-Raphaelite, I think.

I cropped out a little wasted space but wanted lots of people, busy working environment. The almost-mono/washed-out BG is something I've achieved successfully [I think] for the first time. I got two identical layers, desaturated the bottom one but not the top, ran a soft-edged eraser over BG people, FG paper cups, all things colourful.

"lashings of bravery" ... I'm just another demented, camera-wielding tourist at the British Museum. :D

Artificial - I like the wacky angles of the grave stones, the vibrant flowers really stand out great shot.
Personal - both shots great for the theme.
Effort - I like the colour and agree the main subject would make a good portrait on her own

I really like that David very nicely taken.

I could see that being used in an advert or brochure

Nice shot for Effort David. I too could see it used as a print in a coffee shot.
She does look somewhat peeved though :LOL:

Effort. Loving that exspression.
Techno is fab love it. So well thought about.

Gaz

Ha ha ha - like the composition David, very humorous. Amazing variety of colours in the stonework (Mum used to warn about biting my fingernails - should have believed her!)

Thanks susie ... nobody around except a bloke in a Land Rover, a warden of sorts I think, laughed out loud, I said she's Skyping, what's she saying? your guess is as good as mine.

... pull my socks up! Do people still say that? They say something about getting finger out, don't ask me. o_O

Last edited:
Hey David :)

Personal - With that lot I think you need personal therapy :D

I prefer the gambling shots, the brightness of the second one, but not sure on the WB, paper looks a tad blue... nicely set up mate, hopefully you won something :)

Effort - Yeah good capture, I really like that everyone else is looking busy behind the counter, the cups etc. make a nice leading line too (y)

Technology - Ha ha Haaaaaa nice one, I would have never thought of that, lovely textures on the statue :)

Technology- this one made me smile, great take on the theme

Effort - such a good photograph, super expression, is it boredom, realisation or just that long hard look.

Technology - quality image and perfect for the theme.

Personal - Two nice shots for personal. I like the mix of items you’ve thrown in the first one, and I like the expression on the guy’s face on the second. Nice dof too!

Effort - Great picture! I like the contrast between the lady who’s clearly putting in a lot of effort and the lady who looks like she might be skiving. (Although she probably isn’t, just caught by surprise by your camera?)

Technology - Well, that’s just awfully creative! :) Round of applause for you!

Thanks all for your encouraging and amusing (at times) comments on my piccies. :D

Last edited:
15 Horizontal ... I tried a number of things and ended up with more window blinds ... looking out to a path at the side of our house.
The only PP being WB, crop and the tiniest rotation.

aKPIED9n-DeXC2SSv7g9dR9XLNscwynXFEJM3kvgwl1nxh10hFsj_tu5d7MF54fDyjtGJl5Usy6lOKgIZzh0i8r9bgim-aKnt4KAOiZMbOuQBU-NWDWlVX9hfN-uqU3bzqtX_YnjlvUKIjBS0pcB8Rl2-f-bCygLJILcdK_5Pozul3lQf6UuWQDoGJ5rlxoeElXBGu0HaUkTPHUDwrMwbkKkDTXMf0LAaCi_wpbzcTq75_0nMtgF4xr0jYRGmAgtxAvUbwYnt5tr82q_MZz72fY-jVPWIkpLnvLbX9JtLvDCkx5cmBn7T39JJkj7OwXmELYlZ4cCxLwvaGxHQvrBf-PcM1HRvoREjU1tQ58ZxPaXkGzNuXfAJM6E-zBHieMFWuPbxxDvqjR34VTYbfHra4v2j5w0slV0QD0HCCc00g2Tr5gV4LXD8-5Fly0FvZd21rdshDd0aCZ2vEH4H1agKs7opnA3MqxH4zUQIt0vmacCuooMoH2AcBGVqiMi_OJrz6cCVD5i3Dp1A5DKEDSPsi0nFSbIT7w6L9f4uCAq1pKGQKEpQU7Q6RTWi_T3iF4xsyUL=w1499-h869-no

Good choice David and excellent composition with those bright pink blooms contrasting with the blurred slats. Like it. :clap:

I wondered what this was to start with
( yeah I know, I should have read the write up first :D )

Nice idea David, it works really well.

thanks guys ...

... amazing how the OOF can be, or nearly can be, totally transparent.

Back