weekly d00d's 52 in 2018 ~ week 25 Bright

Unattractive - good idea for the theme, and I do like the low POV. It bugs me as to why people cant put there rubbish in the bins provided.
Shadow - excellent idea for the theme, I like this alot.
Beautiful - lovely image for the theme, all the elements of the image work well together.
Low - it fits the theme, but I wonder if the image would look stronger in B&W ?

Nice bit of street portrait for beautiful!
I hope you didn't dump the trolley there to pep up your photo :) I quite like it!

Unattractive - good idea for the theme, and I do like the low POV. It bugs me as to why people cant put there rubbish in the bins provided.
Shadow - excellent idea for the theme, I like this alot.
Beautiful - lovely image for the theme, all the elements of the image work well together.
Low - it fits the theme, but I wonder if the image would look stronger in B&W ?
Thanks Mandy ... B&W for Low ... hmmmm .... I did try it but decided I liked the subtle muted colour bits.

Nice bit of street portrait for beautiful!
I hope you didn't dump the trolley there to pep up your photo :) I quite like it!
Cheers Bernd ... pep up your photo ... what moi! OK it has been known .... :D

I wasn't entirely happy with this and was planning a reshot tomorrow, not a problem, but the more I see it the more I like it. So pabd.

19. Match

DK_97UT3DOKcMzoFxS-L__n3UqNwmlKeNNcSUP5xE3YS84Deps0LV5-TYX6jhQV3td-8QguV-bWXRfBXGddgXGpHgL77jcLVoIIlxwJbqKXkFFpn4PqBJv2MlN2HIs9Nd21hFqt0oHRLlQJrGWhp3dNPXltbypsj_6IcrNouAAAKHIgSkOQ24adzVEpkwr_q9hssnyVqICztLlrZvKVGpm1FVnTFUqGkh6ENu8SLUCWJL8vN1BRV4OQsiX4Yon0Sso2ookFGEkPrgJkeFMq8KQJ1mkN8YaWX0Voe17QPpFVhpxp7i4dwy5x2Ki-xUjb9ukyf8LnJSmSBjDhQ_hl8_jauVJQli4Q0J2pPcCdb3HZvq7xreFynoeBRo-w4usvIhl3-R_nZnF4rsTzzixRQ9TSmI8fPRURQDW1kwaM0Olfy_QdsyKbrlFllscrMuRsdYHul39wVqbAOfBGkpWgYxeo24c1G-S-dVtwHDu9UmBaBlub-jq-O3Jg__GLNoyRpaEWNAbqoPrsFrghCJ0phqGrRUq8CS-CRH4n-NCzXv1bLlmkBw_K15OmriRg0nAPFc7IiWJQXNu9VoCoCO9ZPA1nVM8eNioV93Do6bAk=w1487-h885-no

good take on the theme, nice light coming through the material, good symmetry,
its simple but says what it has to

Deckchair match, a good take and nicely on theme David plus a nice and clean BG too.
good take on the theme, nice light coming through the material, good symmetry,
its simple but says what it has to
Thanks guys ... as I say, I was planning to do it again, get a better match .... look closely and these chairs have their differences, there must be 100 of them in Hyde Park. Too late now. o_O

Match - a good take on the theme and I like the colours on the deckchairs, wasn't sure if people still had those kind of chairs any more, what with the more modern stuff available. Image is nicely lit and theres good symmetry, just a shame you haven't got a nice beach view for the BG.

Nice match!

Bit shallow DoF makes my eyes go funny, but apart from that I can find any fault at all (y)

I like match mate. Its a nice simple shot and for what they are id say they are a good match. Nice colours in the fabric and a good clean bg.
Thanks Ross ... simple, clean .... that's what I aim for. :)

Match - a good take on the theme and I like the colours on the deckchairs, wasn't sure if people still had those kind of chairs any more, what with the more modern stuff available. Image is nicely lit and theres good symmetry, just a shame you haven't got a nice beach view for the BG.
Thanks Mandy ... I know what you mean ... horizontal lines: sand, sea, sky would look fab. :)

Nice match!
:D

Bang on theme, and well spotted.....

Bit shallow DoF makes my eyes go funny, but apart from that I can find any fault at all (y)
eyes go funny ... we aim to please.

I don't see any issues with the shot that would need a re-shoot, but it's your prerogative, if it doesn't quite gel with you then...
I do like the way the back lighting shines through the chair fabric.

Close enough match for me, I really like the back light which for me works really well.

I don't see any issues with the shot that would need a re-shoot, but it's your prerogative, if it doesn't quite gel with you then...
I do like the way the back lighting shines through the chair fabric.
Close enough match for me, I really like the back light which for me works really well.
Thanks guys(y) I'm pleased with it, just got me thinking about other options for a pair of trad old deckchairs .... with the Serpentine in the BG, chairs facing one another ... erm etc. o_O

Japanese beats, seen outside Uniqlo on Oxford Street this morning.

week 20 ~ Music
-Oqcgs0t8r1m3uZ3jWTdu1UB82lfEsWxyGEMcGz56Zz4gQ5aO7spS5c7NMLRi_D8r4sKDR3qtPXS7B1D92rG7EZ2JyQZ1an5hr-H42GlNTVbqOrySc45nYw9TPMAnHYoUZbxvd5ScgQ9bY6vr1ftOg4E4v5ljzHzSzcLTb6FuAWHVhguh1xpHDe50AqZeqlLPuaggv_R6PrnbPmFPqeQ3zhqWMlQ7ZzCVpYIIgq-oSnc5Y5YoyPs_xxC729UAFy-8qgDE6DP5zLo33Ugchy6Pa5vNTzbZLysSGXB5lMVI_sJJSJEEv2I99l4GbOP7jD-gVqtpxhCGbxCgwXb6lchu4GfVb7M8C9smE9eLdoeVHY8Z86-eppsiZl5jcX8RHT6Fl0NGP7aHQrxdc_ftbl3P0Sr6qvDMfi1p9rXYmmgbA43Joon8sHdu7BRzTIUT9X2grI28EZ_8bl4igk3iqNxWR0mE-It7LEBxpUEUT0jevQjdYDuK_htTASe5JnTE3aQoxRpTqqPH8gpOmP6F1m9OKECFVubB7yZXIcMRUy31wjOl9Jw0kpvPw2F3ojbRBJ8MxHTXACo9QTT8rp2ySXaHJRO0RCq43cdr98jlSA=w1760-h885-no

Tw0ckOrpfRx-ZDZbZUxEYBUC3qCfkUFszvTSkLZLLw-TOS4xyrfOEKXm8LWwqyIrc5Iyiitfah0PAPebXiuCEAwTF8b5h8iB4T3SxIhmw8ehygcdGXl9M9DEZxIbk-wy9yACzgDAAacxBj0s0mW5vtgQtMMWCw870yVEi9WI11Mn3IwJplwI7JsJDETab15qwV2lb4BiqpzKv06oCj1gBnSCgeJIVNLycms_SuCmtUIeeSAXNdf7XGrSGiWVn32_jwhIa9NoYdcZ7YdfwNeQg2S5KJ5EsiODV2d15nLheFlMcKYwXovrhfi5oRFSb_Y3CQe2qhORdfjrxS2ivZ-tGgXP2z3FA4U3SxBeFIWkiYRKAZD5Bwbj1MM7gYlb4GbjkEKOYZ1JrHSDiIuzFzAzzLnXU9RTg83_0vrhGVV4zz2MiOzQcnpeXY7ULQFLBPz5gLu2hMkfK0t7g94xsVyQl-_3jRLn5ZZct0h188TXF-8Tl_032icouujFs3CntTYnq2-enTVKtzdCiydPFwM11oJx7_RpL0WXUcxulpHx7cbkjqPhH293-vyVOvrKYH5eqvsVizzh1jxOCkWXHmk8AkokDxjAfD8pdroasmo=w1398-h885-no

Selective colour but it works really well here and I can see why you have used it if I have to choose maybe the first one a more overall view

Beautiful - I too will take your word for it that it sounded beautiful, good image though interesting backdrop
Low - what low life put that there, good take on the theme
Match - great use of selective colour both work well

#2 for me, great facial expressions of the drummers! I'm not usually a fan of selective colouring, but it works in this case!

Selective colour but it works really well here and I can see why you have used it if I have to choose maybe the first one a more overall view
Thanks ... yes there was a lot of colour in that window including the reflection of a red double decker. :)

Match - like this shot, bang on theme and like the colours. (y)
Cheers Nigel(y)

#2 for me David. The expressiveness of their faces (even the grey guard(?) in teh background.
Thanks tim #2 is my fave too but thought I had to include #1 ... a more overall view ... as Alan says. :)

Beautiful - I too will take your word for it that it sounded beautiful, good image though interesting backdrop
Low - what low life put that there, good take on the theme
Match - great use of selective colour both work well

low life :D

Thanks Minx (y)

#2 for me, great facial expressions of the drummers! I'm not usually a fan of selective colouring, but it works in this case!
Thanks B ... just wish I'd used a higher f/. # now to get all those faces sharp.

Very convincing selective colour, nicely done, I think I prefer the first but both are good. The woman on the left looks worried to death.

Thanks Chris. The SC was far easier than I'd imagined, I'm pleased with the result.

The girl on the left ... just a moment in time. She was the driving force.

Music

I'd be happy with either of these, #2 probably edges it though, I think it's just that the angle is a bit more appealing.

Hi d00d ...well, they both are smashers ...love the deckchairs, just my sort of photo, simple but effective, I remember lining up about twelve deckchairs in Sidmouth seafront for this challenge when I first started, people probably thought I was mad!

Absolutely no idea how you've done that selective colour but it definitely makes them both eye catching, there's something about that window in the background that I really like ...so #1 has the edge for me.

My pick would be number 2 but the grey security guard is a bit annoyingly off-putting for me. So gonna have to go with number 1 instead. Good use of selective colour too (something I'm not normally a fan of).
Music

I'd be happy with either of these, #2 probably edges it though, I think it's just that the angle is a bit more appealing.

Thanks guys (y)

Hi d00d ...well, they both are smashers ...love the deckchairs, just my sort of photo, simple but effective, I remember lining up about twelve deckchairs in Sidmouth seafront for this challenge when I first started, people probably thought I was mad!

Absolutely no idea how you've done that selective colour but it definitely makes them both eye catching, there's something about that window in the background that I really like ...so #1 has the edge for me.
Thanks susie ... another deckchair aficionado. :)

Re the shop window ... it wasn't too difficult to do, and everything from the bottom of the glass downwards was left as it was. :) plus, they have black hair which is a dead sinch to work around. :)

Last edited:
Hard ... was going to do the hard life theme, and took a couple of shots of beggars yesterday. But not overly happy with them so you'll have to make do with this.

week 21 ... Hard

q4FRWqNQfhyfUm2iJtS7lNJFfYrMDXUoxXV_Mavj5ByGxqCALPdK5Tqq8WNHl4kWtW19ilRE6V5UyVGLsoECJGoBMFcmzWdv4JTmcN6W_Ho5_VwKXuIxNHKtq3UZ1kneZNFmlyy1jIh59vzO7Ad9ow5zth1SyuwkqMrDZkYelB6VfbRxHxgmCDcTbAxvIndkkH-IBTFqXlGbEb-dWEo9KWrmoGy8OXoNtcWTeaQnbFyFaxNTlUxqVZX-qGea9iaxckpIT23i4lKGBynXwZ_rg-ZmQvu2YWEssiQzUF5qYLG3GgCv2UswfcQGBXYWhtA0O9oNK0WbFDrmrn7DRff0txB6_Z6MFd1vGP-L17SGN9VIxakyPz5m0uyxJnEhp0SsGXhvitVrPgNXDyLeNFrBoY9wFNI85Lf0B3FUhlCkDfnTiR51HOQnyve8SCQjvdR96d94qWdeE2XzXRLnSDpE3LA8aoQts4xsQN4LI4CZijOo9jR72C4zgjuAig_3eBcK_F1CNLCKY4pCe_4MeTny_M68hB-krHkCdgU8ahKsOCVhJJAJaf2qhXiY3xRKzUWwxAffG77fE4nZEbOSB2EIFrs8Mn6K-5QBQOxdWZ0=w1356-h885-no

Last edited:
On theme, not much more I can add to that except it’s an awful theme

Hard as nail. I like it. Interesting choice to have the line running through the centre of the frame.
On theme, not much more I can add to that except it’s an awful theme
Hard as nails bang on theme, and good to see someone put one in.
Simple and very effective, really hammers home the subject :exit:
Nice idea for the theme and I like the composition and the position of the nails at an angle. Maybe a hammer could add some more interest to the shot.

Thanks chaps (y) ... I was aiming for the minimalistic whilst trying to include BG texture. Could be more exciting, I know.

David

Low, could also been weeks 15 entry unattractive.

Match, like the simple image, fits the theme well.

Music, love the action captured in both of the Images, prefer the second one more as the background is slightly less cultered.

Hard, as panal pins, ok little nails. I was going to do similar but I didn't have any large Nails. They are place perfectly on a corresponding backround.

Pete

Hi Pete
Low, could also been weeks 15 entry unattractive.
... unless you like shopping trolleys. :D
Match, like the simple image, fits the theme well.
(y)
Music, love the action captured in both of the Images, prefer the second one more as the background is slightly less cultered.
Yes the second brings you into the action more.
Hard, as panal pins, ok little nails. I was going to do similar but I didn't have any large Nails. They are place perfectly on a corresponding backround.
Thanks .. I find it a little unexciting (they're 2" masonry nails).

Back