weekly d00d's 52 in 2018 ~ week 25 Bright

The light in the tunnel/walkway is very good and with the splash of colour of the people it works well

The light in the tunnel/walkway is very good and with the splash of colour of the people it works well
Lovely and bright and lots of leading lines there d00d, I’d like to see the whole tunnel it looks really long, but I guess it’s not often there are no people in it.

Thanks guys (y)

The tunnel (at Bank Tube Station), is longish. This is the first stretch which is straight and narrow, then it bends left and widens. It leads to London's shortest line, Waterloo & City. I got a couple of shots of this stretch with no people and lots with people. This is favourite: just one small group and a suitcase with reflection.

Nice enough shot D, but Id Ive liked to see abit more nore of the travellator thing ?

I know it's unlikely to get to choose where the people are in a tube station but I wonder if it would work better with them further along the passage, that said it's a good choice for the theme and well captured.

Nice enough shot D, but Id Ive liked to see abit more nore of the travellator thing ?
(y)
I know it's unlikely to get to choose where the people are in a tube station but I wonder if it would work better with them further along the passage, that said it's a good choice for the theme and well captured.
(y)
I know this tunnel well. I use the drain at least one a week for work. Nice shot. Never see it that empty when I'm there.
(y)
Oval - a good capture of the london eye, lots of detail and nicely framed.
Straight - a good interpretation of the theme, nicely lit and colours balanced well.
(y)
Straight, what a good shot this is David and including the mother and children make the shot too.
(y)

Thanks guys it's not a travelator, just a tight passage, and the most interesting aspect is the ceiling and leading lines that tell you it's straight without you seeing the other end.

Plus you know I like to feature people in my photos whenever I can. :)

Hi David,

Wet - Love this one, colours are great and the positioning of the pointy bit is perfect.
Juxtaposition - Without the vignette is much better, not sure about the logo on the bag, think it works well for the theme without it
Oval - Nice colours and I like that you have just used the top of the wheel
Straight - Very nice interesting tunnel, maybe the people further down so you get more sense of the straight tunnel, though I guess you risk someone else coming in to the shot while you wait for that group to get to the end

:D

Hi David,
Wet - Love this one, colours are great and the positioning of the pointy bit is perfect.
Juxtaposition - Without the vignette is much better, not sure about the logo on the bag, think it works well for the theme without it
Oval - Nice colours and I like that you have just used the top of the wheel
Straight - Very nice interesting tunnel
Straight - maybe the people further down so you get more sense of the straight tunnel, though I guess you risk someone else coming in to the shot while you wait for that group to get to the end
Yes... that's exactly what did happen.:D

Really like your image for Straight David love the repeated pattern of the blocks and ceiling which are very monochromatic with the splash of colours of the lady and young girl walking away form you great shadows/reflections too.

Really like your image for Straight David love the repeated pattern of the blocks and ceiling which are very monochromatic with the splash of colours of the lady and young girl walking away form you great shadows/reflections too.
wow! Thank you Mark (y)

week 15 ~ Unattractive

oJHo3Rz0oL7ntyF70ryW_Dfr2zlFHnqWC9Z-NC2BT0q0juRHSMfA0jdt9TjIwKxTFzncNF5-2in2n9p3MK1Kj6WA6kENvfaWjkj8bjO7mQCVKcCzd2FBttfPc4vIvWAoEXQkQHwKUp9cfCQthKdN2l24XLZsajfxp_gwfuir7YQHv2PsC_Mx1WfaxszC-9y-2ilBejXikUpX3gruM_5GOjiWxck3nJOHOG23uRrbh2JbmaT0DG2s6lrmKkxCQ7WcVkZ2a5n7zfpOXHJyd1EAC__PcYoiH9yN_nbjXl8dx0heTy6YDc0fNNHru6DES5IkXjDa3znO-W8NgVRWnXledVUTeHAJ63izt6Sp_qM_G0y4GLJvuOrT481sEbiqYrv7-KPD8J2R9YwmjignlDAWcLltBpitjB46hs_IX5LS3gyYQvG0eYAv9uQy7nKL8_LQ5nB4jSIljegX_PkPaAURxBqVdnT_cogXvPSDAjZ8BWD5332eZMQG5bwLkQVzVebBpjzsFulZQFU0ME4MDgLK5DL-O6MF101Tw24-Ny8ONEKlt94Jjd3bq01Q1---bmSrGm88PevHcl3SXtcHwJABOgUgmlp1velrkYMwbGw=w1568-h885-no

Unattractive - Certainly is I hate people who drop rubbish either stick it in the bin or take it home (anyway rant over back to the image) I like the composition and the inclusion of the Daisy's great colours.

straight - great photo, looks almost as if the path would lead to infinity... I like the different shades if white with the people in the centre giving the photo a splash of colour (y)
unattractive - quite an attractive photo actually, like the colours and the composition! But fly-tipping is of course a big no-no...

An all to familiar scene perfect for the theme.

Have you thought about taking your litter home

The intent is good but the overall photo, for me, is a bit to colourful and "smart" to really yell unattractive, may be grungeir PP would help?

Straight; Spot on theme and I like it a lot. Love the framing with the wall/handrail barrier and the curved roof. A simple composition but very effective. Just wonder you could have more distance between you and the group?

Unattractive; another simple shot and on theme. Personally, dropping litters in public is just anti-social behaviour.

straight - great photo, looks almost as if the path would lead to infinity... I like the different shades if white with the people in the centre giving the photo a splash of colour (y)
Straight; Spot on theme and I like it a lot. Love the framing with the wall/handrail barrier and the curved roof. A simple composition but very effective. Just wonder you could have more distance between you and the group?
Thanks guys

I though the shots I had with a person/people blocking the end of the tunnel left more to the imagination, plus, I like lots of people detail.

Last edited:
Unattractive - Certainly is I hate people who drop rubbish either stick it in the bin or take it home (anyway rant over back to the image) I like the composition and the inclusion of the Daisy's great colours.
unattractive - quite an attractive photo actually, like the colours and the composition! But fly-tipping is of course a big no-no...
An all to familiar scene perfect for the theme.

Have you thought about taking your litter home
The intent is good but the overall photo, for me, is a bit to colourful and "smart" to really yell unattractive, may be grungeir PP would help?

Unattractive; another simple shot and on theme. Personally, dropping litters in public is just anti-social behaviour.
Thanks guys

I actually found the beer can, intact, placed on top of an overflowing bin. I placed it in the lush long grass next to the daisies, so there's an element of creative & expressive artistry here.

You did well on unattractive keeping the lighting well on the tin top

I had to wait a good five minutes for the sun to go behind a cloud. The sun is rarely the photographer's friend, imo.

Last edited:
I really like it d00d, I hate litter :( it makes me very cross, good composition and lots of lovely detail in the grass too
Thanks susie

Yes, There's some pretty interesting bits of clover in the grass. Not bad for my little pocket/street camera on minimum aperture, handheld.

Last edited:
Super idea and subject for Oval, David, and - as someone already said - the grey sky provides a good backdrop to the glass and metallic tones in this one. Blue would have been a distraction.
Straight is an instant favourite with the strong line down the middle and both sides complemented by the nicely lit curving ceiling (y)
Unattractive - this works especially well because of the contrasting colours and the juxtaposition (ha!) of the hard metal can with the nature around it.

Last edited:
Crop is to tight for Unattractive I think, bit more in the frame would help sell the story a bit better i feel......and the grass looks a little over sat'd here.....

Di David,

Straight - Ah, the drain... Our office is moving from Southwark to Old Broad Street, so this will become part of my commute.
Joy!!! Nicely taken. I think having people in there adds interest. Did you get any with people walking towards you?

Unattractive - Yes, daisies are the scourge of gardens aren't they. You could have moved the beer can out of the way first ;)

Super idea and subject for Oval, David, and - as someone already said - the grey sky provides a good backdrop to the glass and metallic tones in this one. Blue would have been a distraction.
Thanks yes blue would mean sun would mean reflection.;)

Straight is an instant favourite with the strong line down the middle and both sides complemented by the nicely lit curving ceiling (y)
(y) Thanks Andrea, you see what I see. :)

Unattractive - this works especially well because of the contrasting colours and the juxtaposition (ha!) of the hard metal can with the nature around it.
:) juxtaposition ... exactly. Of course it's not unattractive but a representation of something that might be. ;)

Crop is to tight for Unattractive I think, bit more in the frame would help sell the story a bit better i feel......and the grass looks a little over sat'd here.....
A parody, or what! ;)

Thanks Mark and yes you are probably right on both counts. :D

Straight - Ah, the drain... Our office is moving from Southwark to Old Broad Street, so this will become part of my commute.
Joy!!! Nicely taken. I think having people in there adds interest. Did you get any with people walking towards you?
Yes but arse end is better. Good luck with the move. And don't get lost in Bank Stn, it's big.

Unattractive - Yes, daisies are the scourge of gardens aren't they. You could have moved the beer can out of the way first ;)
It's about comparisons .... a lovely beer can making those wretched daisies look soo unattractive.

My office this morning with sun coming through the shutters.

Week 16 ~ Shadow
jmKWwV-kHGP-FWNoXhHJvejVS49ooTBTjH9NmACkyIvFXc7BduP60CuNJHdusNOTbpKlz4GtcAYziG7Yjl6CHsHmd3yOJHmmKVx7Y07zqHbqL5chqxKAdaxkFW7HbQT4rb091ELjg11Zh9SElGp-7Tpu3ylGfMcfRfrO7e5ZFpSKN47QN0OE6Q3Gq60x3PQ5DANBqups3GMJbBnadP_tjptUcxjiw-l2yBB6McmrcWLLjamwmpjfXUUMNaHZ8Y5zIGv9L74DD9Ph7jB_7-3OTMwZZcJNNdqlYz3nysswegXtGsfUvgo3fmN4SneBIuqkTba5GtoII0D961APEpn8NzCpRwwhXHC3w5N2UBZRSUbyrsQZZxRfgzrTc7KfU2PNKIqapxJ4LzJIu38vkhkDkkecPkWthpqYc5p2O910hVJo7pasogEwmVRPvQHpOGJHC_BCWLPT1B_WzjJaN8KZzcUwCqu9csZBSI782X3GWEFmaEl4zdKqaAqPMoNB8n4xmzI6xk30t_mTQxhHariz272Y3vR6tB9GjqaRpkJI9nSezBMCSB0hM9-8lNrVlV-sZrJGbODXUr4RvZGsCV3kkezEIdjccmOmTgh6SME=w1542-h885-no

Very nice play of light, shadow and textures! What's that round thing?

Shadow - that is a stonker mate!

Cracking shot for shadow David

Back