weekly dankabass3 TP52 for 2016 - WEEK 17 - ROUGH added

... saw this a couple of times without being able to comment ... Thought it was a stone or something you'd placed there ...and now I see tower bridge!

Anyway, certainly works well with the comparison.

Hi :)

Metal - Shame the long key is clipped, ignoring that (being very picky) I really like this nice detail and good metal look to the whole image, great choice for the theme :)

Captive - Now that is unusual, great storey and a lovely vibrant tank, shame it is fenced in :)

Miniature - Not having time doesn't seem to have caused you much of a problem, I like this one, nice contrasting miniature that stands out well against all the silver/grey of the rest of the image :)

WEEK 5 - ABANDONED

The teddy bear has been left behind the door - the sign how my boys are growing. The toys have been replaced by the gadgets.

week 5 - ABANDONED .JPG
LINK on Flickr

Last edited:
Abandoned, a sad tale, indeed, nicely taken (y)

Hi, sad teddy, definitely looks abandoned hope you rescued him

Happy...lovely picture of your Son and Daughter you must be a proud Mum,
Abandoned...Great idea I like the way he’s slumped in the corner with his head tilted down supper shot(y)

liking both your images for Happy and Abandoned, nice kids and sad looking teddy

Hi @dankabass3
Happy - Nice happy image, on theme... Slight crit would be the reflection of flash or lighting in the glasses. Tilting his head slightly may have eliminated it
Abandoned - Spot on theme, nice uncluttered image giving the poor teddy the illusion of being haphazardly dumped. (y)

Both really good images - nice clear, clean portrait for Happy but my fave of the two has to be Abandoned with that sorry looking ted sitting forlornly in the corner (sniff) (sob).

Love the soft tones and the composition of Abandoned.

Lovely 'Happy' portrait shot and in contrast the 'abandoned' teddy looks very sad.

Happy and Abandoned I agree with everyone's comments so far both on theme and the teddy does look very sad and lonley

Happy - nice family photo.

Abandoned - nice idea, always abandoned toys around our house. Good choice using the corner, I would maybe have moved the viewpoint so the bear wasn't so in the middle vertically. Has a real sense of abandonment to the picture and I like the processing you've used.

WEEK 6 - CAMOUFLAGE

I have a bit of catching up to do; was unwell for the last 2 weeks but am feeling better now so hopefully will manage to get on track soon.
This photo I took in Richmond Park few months ago; had to use it as my camouflage shot as haven't been out with my camera much recently.

week 6 - CAMOUFLAG.jpg

Last edited:
WEEK 7 - DANGEROUS

I went to the Shard during half term and took this photo - as I am not a driver, the traffic on that road looked dangerous to me.
week 7 - DANGEROUS.jpg

Camouflage - works for the theme for me, that deer does look lost in that vast green space.

Dangerous - loving the pov on this image, works for the theme for me. Traffic can be very dangerous for those of us who drive never mind for the people that don't.

Glad you're feeling better. The deer shot could double up for the week's theme too. Like the Dangerous image - organised chaos driving in London. Great POV and excellent detail. :clap:

I quite like the POV of the Dangerous shot. Camouflage could do with a different composition, the central composition is lacking a bit of life.
Both shots could do with tweaking of the black and white points, as they are a bit washed out. What post processing software do you have?

Dangerous: the first thing I thought of was not cars but the recent craze of hanging off high rise building and bridges etc. Nicely on theme and a great reminder of your trip up the shard. Also really like the number of red buses in the scene. Solid effort!

Good idea for the dangerous them, looks like a crash is about to happen and the scare point of view is good too.

27.02.16 HMS.JPG WEEK 8 - TOPICAL

This is the HMS Belfast - the ship museum permanently moored on the river Thames in London. I was walking past it yesterday and seen/heard the lady playing the bagpipes. Only had my small camera with me and took a quick shot - later I read in the local newspaper that the lady was Irene Robinson who came to HMS Belfast to finish a 50,000-mile journey across 7 continents in 50 days playing the bagpipes at the world's most famous locations.

Last edited:
Back