weekly dankabass3 TP52 for 2016 - WEEK 17 - ROUGH added

Nice colours captured there and great texture to the whistle and background.
It may have been worth going with a smaller aperture to keep the whole whistle in sharp focus (but that's an artistic choice) and personally I would have avoided croping the mouth piece of the whistle.
That said, it's a good strong shot :)
By the way, your link from the main thread doesn't work (Hint for @Cobra to fix).

By the way, your link from the main thread doesn't work (Hint for @Cobra to fix).
Linky fixed :D

Thats certianly a nice old whistle, but I agree with Tim, I would have preferred to see all of it.
Nice start (y)

Last edited:
Thank you for fixing my link; I have been trying to work out how to do it but no luck. And thank you for your comments. I was so undecided if to crop the image or leave it full - seems that my decision was not the best one but I kinda preferred it this way.

And thank you for your comments. I was so undecided if to crop the image or leave it full - seems that my decision was not the best one but I kinda preferred it this way.
So it was artistic choice rather than a problem with framing. In which case cool, it's the way you intended it to be viewed :cool:
Sometimes it's worth pointing out the choices in your thread to make your choices clear.

Hi, well composed and a great object but still I would like to see the end, but thats just personal taste if you like it thats all that matters

Nice whistle ....... in the image as presented ....because I am not at all artistic I would have liked to have seen the ends of the whistle in full, especially at the mouth end .. rather than chopped off slightly .......

Colours are good showing age, interesting to look at

Thanks all of you. I am really happy with your comments/positive critique. This is first time I actually participate in the challenge on this forum so I am very positive now and looking forward to Week 1 Theme.

Hi - welcome, hope you enjoy the challenges and camaraderie of TP52. Like your choice for the theme and also too the supporting commentary. :clap:

I like the depth of field choice - it adds to the picture. The background seems to match the item without detracting from the picture

Hi - welcome, hope you enjoy the challenges and camaraderie of TP52. Like your choice for the theme and also too the supporting commentary. :clap:
Thank you. I am not very skilled photographer but love the challenges that's why decided to give this one a go.

Certainly Metal ... lot of keys and fobs you carry around. Nice composition and choice for the theme but agree with Stan about the cut off key though. What camera you using - does it have a white balance setting?

hi, like the tight framing and the assortment of keys, plus the refection is good too, Good luck completing your 52

Hi there ..excellent choice for the theme.....I agree about the cut off key but it's still a very eye catching shot ....well done.
Thank you.
I quite liked the key cut off but I think that after 2 weeks of the challenge I have already learnt that my next photos will definitely show whole thing (whatever the items will be)

Hi, Metal, nice and close, pity about the clipped key at the bottom.

BTW, the link in the comments only thread isn't working (y)

Cheers.

Certainly Metal ... lot of keys and fobs you carry around. Nice composition and choice for the theme but agree with Stan about the cut off key though. What camera you using - does it have a white balance setting?
Hi Carl; I am using Canon 60D but I am just a beginner really. I have already learnt (after 2 weeks topics) that the next picture will be of WHOLE subject definitely.

Hi, catching up with commenting

Old - Nice object for the theme and I like the shallow DOF,

Metal - A good take on the theme and I like the shot, particularly the reflection on the lock.

As far as cutting bits of the subject off, I think part of the problem may be that you are only leaving a very small part of the subject off. If you had cut the key or whistle off further up it would have looked more intentional.

Back