weekly dankabass3 TP52 for 2016 - WEEK 17 - ROUGH added

Hi, catching up with commenting

Old - Nice object for the theme and I like the shallow DOF,

Metal - A good take on the theme and I like the shot, particularly the reflection on the lock.

As far as cutting bits of the subject off, I think part of the problem may be that you are only leaving a very small part of the subject off. If you had cut the key or whistle off further up it would have looked more intentional.
Thank you for the feedback. Very helpful as I never realized that cropping a tiny bit of the image can actually be more damaging than artistic. I really appreciate that and definitely will try your advice. Thanks again.

Thank you for the feedback. Very helpful as I never realized that cropping a tiny bit of the image can actually be more damaging than artistic. I really appreciate that and definitely will try your advice. Thanks again.

Reading my post back it sounds a bit harsher than I intended. I wouldn't say it can be damaging, just that some might view it as unintentional.

I really like both the whistle and the key photographs both interesting and well executed. Liz

I actually liked the chopped off key. Too often we fall into the mainstream and end up with record shots rather than something artistic. To me it says "ignore this bit, the interest is elsewhere" but then, I do disappear up my own [you know what] from time to time :LOL:

The reflections are nicely handled, and the monochromatic palette is pleasant enough but there's not much to hold my interest after that. What's the story here?

Metal is a good fit for the theme and the issue of the cut off key has already been covered. Thereare a couple of what look like dust spots on the lhs which you could clone out quite easily. Good start though and ignore our nitpicking if you don't agree with it :p

Hi & welcome dankabass3

Your door lock is interesting, with its monotones. First thought: grainy. But after others have pointed out their like of the graininess ... I think I do too. :)

Really like the whistle shot....Actually works for metal too, but I like your shot for that too :)

Week 2 - CAPTIVE

Now - this Tank has an interesting history. It is the real tank which was used in the Richard III movie. One of the local residents (living just 2 streets from me) bought it for his 7-year-old son when the Council refused his permission to use his land for the house extension. After his appeal, the council granted the permission to accommodate the tank in his garden instead - however they thought it was some kind of a container Mr Gray wanted to put to his land. However - he went to the Czech Republic and bought the real Soviet tank, placed it on his land and fenced around.

week 2 - CAPTIVE.jpg

LOL great story, although I must confess I did think it was a psychedelic Dalek :D

good idea for the theme too (y)

Oh Wow - not many that can boast a tank in their back garden. I guess not the national colours of the Czech Republic but surely decorated after getting high on ganja or something similar. Nicely interesting and well themed.

Oh Wow - not many that can boast a tank in their back garden. I guess not the national colours of the Czech Republic but surely decorated after getting high on ganja or something similar. Nicely interesting and well themed.
Thank you. The tank is becoming a tourist attraction - the owner keeps repainting it twice or three times a year.

Great back story, on theme and the LOVE on the side of the tank really adds to the theme.

I might have focused on the tank instead of the fence.

Good show.

Cheers.

Hi, agree with the above comments great story, most people are happy with a small souvenir from their trips,
I wonder what the council think about it now

Love the story and the image of a captive psychedelic tank raises a smile! Agree with some of the others that it would be nice to have the tank in focus.

week 3 - MINIATURE

Now I have to admit that for some reason I was really struggling with this theme. I went today for a walk to Tower Bridge and the City Hall and took this miniature. I know its not the best photo but am limited with time this week so can't really do any better.
week 3 - MINIATURE.jpg

How strange is that - it does look like a miniature of the building (also looks like a miniature of Tower Bridge on the left too ha ha). Brilliant find.

I know its not the best photo but am limited with time this week so can't really do any better

Sure we'll all have weeks like that :)

Nothing wrong with this for miniature. I assume it's a miniature scale map of the area? You've done well to get an angle to get both the miniature city hall and the full size one in the picture.

Very clever, well spotted too (y)

Hi, interesting image the stone does indeed ape the shape of the building, but having had a closer look its supposed to I presume, well spotted

Very nice I like that the miniature is in colour and the rest b/w ish super shot.(y)

Last edited:
I only just noticed the selective colour, I had assumed it was just London dreariness! Well spotted, and well done for managing to get the original and the minature in one shot.

I like the idea but wonder if it had been better if you had been able to get the miniature city hall stuck on the railing so it was more of a direct comparison without some the back ground clutter, find you really have to look at the image to work out what's being compared. Just my thoughts :)

Back