Darkslinger's 52 Week Challenge - 2020

Love your music theme, definitely the chosen photo in mono. Well composed, definitely has an impact!

The colour pop for your last photo works really well. Thank you :)
Thanks Tom.

Nice selective colour shot - I like it a lot :)

Thanks Dave!

Nice set on music Bill

Tim ( @LC2 ) is making the call on what fits the themes.
Either way, its a nice image.

Passing the buck! All good...:D

I see what you're doing there :)
Seeing that @Cobra has positioned me as the big bad for techniques (not sure how that happened :runaway: ) I'm going to say the technique used here is "Selective Colour" rather than Black & White. Not that it's an issue, there are 7 more weeks in which to hit the 'de-saturate' option or select B&W in camera.

it is though, a good example of selective colouring and it certainly is colourful.

You know what they say Tim, "the reward for good work is more work"...

Reactions: LC2
This is lovely and a test of the system. I think @Cobra is making it impossible this week, but there will be more weeks [emoji6]

Thanks Bebop...it's always good to have a challenge...

A technique not to everyone's taste but I do like your take on this one.

Thanks Stan, a happy mistake.
This is the original image:

May 06 (1 of 1)-19.jpg

Nice colourful image especial against the mono background I like it.

Thanks Mark,

Music
That first shot is really good. Good processing and an interesting subject.

Colourful
I don't have a problem with the b&w/colour version. I think the flower is little bit central, so could do with a bit of a crop

Last edited:
A lovely cornflower. I think it works better with the selective colour and highlights the theme.

Music
That first shot is really good. Good processing and an interesting subject.

Colourful
I don't have a problem with the b&w/colour version. I think the flower is little bit central, so could do with a bit of a crop
Thanks Dominic,.

A lovely cornflower. I think it works better with the selective colour and highlights the theme.
Thanks Helen, I've always liked Cornflowers, my mom grew them on the farm.

Not sure how old this tin is. I've had it since my early teens at least. It's full of old (pre-1964) coins. I had some fun processing it, trying to make the image look old as well.

May 19 (1 of 2)-2.jpg

Nice shot Bill works well with your processing.

Nicely composed and good dof. The processing looks great.
Like the Corona ref :LOL:

So thats where it came from!

Nice old tin and I like the crop, we have some here but I thought it would have been a boring image, well mine would have been.

Pete

Lovely old tin. I might just have come down a little to not get as much of the lid in.

Interesting shot for old, might have been nice to see some of the coins too. :)

I quite like the composition it works for old for me. I like the B&W conversation.

I've found myself a little behind and running to catch up...:oops: :$

Very nice Bill
Thank you Mark!

That's a nice shot Bill, I like the faster shutter speed to freeze the water.
Thanks Clive, if I had had my tripod with me I probably would have attempted a long exposure but I do like how the fast shutter speed turned out.

Oops, almost missed that the shot was also for the technique.
I like the way the reflections make the fountain spray into an X.
Nicely frozen droplets.
Thanks Tim, that was one of the things the drew me to the image.

A little late maybe, but lovely and worth waiting for! Nice composition with the reflection.
Thank you Bebop!

What a way to catch up. Very nice. Can almost feel the spray!
Thanks David!

Some household items now in the time of COVID (plus something to remind me keep the COVID pounds down...:p)

Household Items (1 of 1).jpg

Last edited:
Liquid: really nice and suit the mono very well. I like the way that you've offset the fountain (it could have been a bit boring if it were in the centre)
Household Items: Yep, the 'new norm' as everyone keeps saying. I really like the PP on this and the lighting is really nice.
Hidden: The subject intrigues me and makes me wonder more about what's in the image (and maybe what's not in the image), good subject and great idea for the theme. I really like the slightly muted colours and use of available light too.

Nice dark hidden shot. Tempted to whap the shadows up to see if anything does lurk under there :)

Nice dark shot shot for hidden, Bill who knows what could be hiding under there?

Two good takes on the theme, good composition for household and hidden is quite unnerving in a way.

Back