weekly DAVES 52 CHALLENGE 2019 WEEK 52 OUT TAKES & FINISHED

So after helping Mum out today I got a chance to nip out with my new Ricoh GRII camera, I`m loving the black and white Jpegs this little camera puts out but my High contrast Jpeg was crazy so this is the Raw file hardly any edit as have to get used to editing them in C1. The Brighton I360 is 473ft above the ground in this shot.

473ft Above by Dave, on Flickr

Above - That's pretty high! Like the image, and definitley on theme.

Have you been up to the top Dave might have made an interesting pic, just a thought but any way it certainly towers above.

Have you been up to the top Dave might have made an interesting pic, just a thought but any way it certainly towers above.

Thank you Allan, yes last year my Mum and I went on it and taking photos through the glass was a PITA but I got about 100 keepers.

Great image of a terrific structure!
Does the circular 'platform' thing move up and down?
Not sure I'd dare go on it, but it surely makes for a brilliant photo!
Nice work Dave!(y)

Thank you Gareth, the I360 is 500ft from ground to the top but the observation pod stops at 473ft giving the viewer a 360 point of view of the South Downs and all round Brighton and Hove.

Wow Dave that's a super shot, I really like it, I like the angle, it certainly towers above everything, and a nice blue sky too, excellent for the theme.

Thank you Susie, I took a few shots but liked this more as when I looked up to take the shot I also lent back to get a better view.

Food - Nice shot, on theme and looks good for sooc.
Smooth - Black background really makes the marble stand out. Doesn't look overly floaty to me. Again nice image for sooc.
Above - Really like the angle this taken from. I might have possibly made the tower dead centre but then the clouds wouldn't have looked as good so i can see why its where it is. Processing on this one is nice.

Nice shots Dave.

Food - Nice shot, on theme and looks good for sooc.
Smooth - Black background really makes the marble stand out. Doesn't look overly floaty to me. Again nice image for sooc.
Above - Really like the angle this taken from. I might have possibly made the tower dead centre but then the clouds wouldn't have looked as good so i can see why its where it is. Processing on this one is nice.

Nice shots Dave.

Thank you Dom.

Nice above shot Dave. Was there about a month ago and was going to attempt the same shot but could not get it right - you have! love it

Above
It must stand above most other buildings around. I like the simplicity.
Nice above shot Dave. Was there about a month ago and was going to attempt the same shot but could not get it right - you have! love it
You have certainly captured the feeling of height/above in this shot. The reflections and the sky both add interest, too.

Thank you folks for the comments.

So I went out to see if Roxi was singing in the hot weather, sadly she was not plus I forgot to reset the X-T3 back to Raw+ Jpeg. So today`s Hot shot is a Jpeg of this lot having fun in the water on a very hot day. X-T3 + XF90mm f2 @f9 and gods knows why either, but then again it was in shutter speed.

Having Fun by Dave, on Flickr

That looks like fun, I made the same mistake myself a while back so only have mine set to RAW now, I very rarely used any JPEG's in any case.

That looks like fun, I made the same mistake myself a while back so only have mine set to RAW now, I very rarely used any JPEG's in any case.

Thanks Rick, funny thing though the Silver X-T3 reset it all and I should of checked but the black one went like a dream.

fits the theme well Dave, not my idea of fun but the hot weather certainly bring out the water lovers

Hi Dave,

Above - Excellent fit to the theme and it is pretty high!. Good low and close point of view really helps emphasise the height too.
Hot - Nothing epitomises hot weather than people getting out on the water. Nice image and spot on theme.

Hot day looks busy - and fun! I like it :)

Hi Dave,

Above - Excellent fit to the theme and it is pretty high!. Good low and close point of view really helps emphasise the height too.
Hot - Nothing epitomises hot weather than people getting out on the water. Nice image and spot on theme.
Hot day looks busy - and fun! I like it :)
A super, fun image which is spot on theme Dave!
Very decent for a JPEG, and I like the crop too.
Looks like everyone is having a great time on the water....nicely captured!(y)

Thanks folks.

Hi Dave

Above, good fit for the theme and good control on exposure as well.

Hot, plenty of fun in the cold water. My first and only time in a kayak, i learnt how to do half a eskimo roll. lucky it was a similar hot day so I soon dried off.

Pete

Typical leisure activities for a hot day is to get in/on the water and have fun. Looks like they all are having a good time.

Thank you Stan.

Hi Dave

Above, good fit for the theme and good control on exposure as well.

Hot, plenty of fun in the cold water. My first and only time in a kayak, i learnt how to do half a eskimo roll. lucky it was a similar hot day so I soon dried off.

Pete

Thank you Pete.

Above-Nice shot, I have just bought a GRIII to replace my defunckt GR, loving it.
Hot-On theme, though the image as a whole looks a bit cold; maybe it's just because I am not keen on water sports, I always seem to get cold in boats.

Works well for theme as far as i'm concerned. Many different types of craft on the water and all of which you'd never see me on!

Above-Nice shot, I have just bought a GRIII to replace my defunckt GR, loving it.
Hot-On theme, though the image as a whole looks a bit cold; maybe it's just because I am not keen on water sports, I always seem to get cold in boats.
I like that, works well. I like that the edges are nice and clean and nothing is too tight against the frame. Creative image Dave, and well taken too (y)
Works well for theme as far as i'm concerned. Many different types of craft on the water and all of which you'd never see me on!

Thank you for the comments folks.

Hi Dave, not Ben about for a few weeks so apologies for that. Just a quick catch up !
Smooth - on theme, hows the new camera ?
Above - again nice find and on theme, I like the angle
Hot - with the recent weather and water you can’t go wrong !

Back