weekly DK's - Photo-52 of 2018 - Week 7 'GUARD' added

Channelling the essence of @Cobra are we Dean? That's more of a shoe-horn than he'd do. (Well, okay, maybe not, maybe it's exactly the shoe-horn ;) ) Doesn't gob shots guarantee you a position on the Wall ? ;)

Good to see you lot had fun at Whipsnade yesterday. That is a really good shot. Nicely framed and some lovely blue oof background that they really stand out from.

Yes agreed great timing and nicely composed I had people in mine granted one people
but I got some stick for it yet you none people............. nothing but praise :cautious:

It is a good pic though

Lovely image Dean and a gob shot that @Cobra would be proud of too.

A shoehorn but a funny one
Haaaaaa Thank you Mark... I am sure Chris likely got a similar shot :D

Channelling the essence of @Cobra are we Dean? That's more of a shoe-horn than he'd do. (Well, okay, maybe not, maybe it's exactly the shoe-horn ;) ) Doesn't gob shots guarantee you a position on the Wall ? ;)
Hmmm on the wall hey... I think a few more shoehorns will be required :D

Good to see you lot had fun at Whipsnade yesterday. That is a really good shot. Nicely framed and some lovely blue oof background that they really stand out from.
Thank you very much... yes a good day indeed :)

Well I was there, so I guess some of the shoehorn snake oil must have rubbed off :D
That it did... that and the fact I forgot to take a shot with people in it :LOL:

A cracking @Cobra shoehorn gobshot Dean, you have a good teacher :D
Yup, we all have @Cobra to blame (y)

Talking of @Cobra gob shots it has been a bit quite on that front so far.......
That is a SPLENDID point Mark, come on @Cobra , lets be avin you !!!

Strewth Dean, don't do that! I thought @Cobra was back in the game when I saw that in the main thread :D. Good bit of shoehorning there :clap:
Hahaaaa... thanks Chris :)

A shoehorn, but a perfectly composed one with great light.
Thank you Bernd :) :)

Yes agreed great timing and nicely composed I had people in mine granted one people
but I got some stick for it yet you none people............. nothing but praise :cautious:
Well... there were a lot of people looking at them, and if you look VERY closely you can see people reflected in their eyes :D

It is a good pic though
Thank you :)

Indeed, very tenious but a great image all the same
Cheers Ian :)

Thank all for the comments - I have mainly just popped on to do the spreadsheet but hope to catch up on others threads this evening after work :)

Somehow missed these 2...

Hi Dean

Mr Area - Lovely image some great detail and that sky is lovely.
Thanks Mark :)

Gate(d) - Great POV really nice use of DoF to give some great detail in the foreground and just a hint of what lies behind the gate. Ilove the reflections from the wet planks behind the gate.
Thanks again Mark, I lked the wet planks too :)

And... you're off! Two strong images to start with, too. I like the beautiful golden tones in the foreground of your first image and I note there's a hint of that strange blue stuff at the top - lucky you! It's one of those images that looks sharper on Flickr, revealing lots of detail in the foreground, and reminds me that I'd like to re-visit the Broads as it is a very long time since I last passed through, Your crop and low POV work well for the second image, balancing the scene and concentrating the eye on the gate and the latch before it follows the line of the path beyond.
Thank you very much Andrea :)

I know exactly what you mean about lowering your personal expectations a bit. It's a trap I have been caught in during previous years; wanting to post the perfect image that I see in my mind's eye and getting hung up on it for too long. I think the only reason I got to the end last year was to compromise on my ideal image a few times just to keep some momentum. It just about worked! Some of my favourite images have come about because of a 52 theme, but I agree with @Allan.H that I'm only really happy with a quarter or less of what I post. I think that challenge to improve is what keeps us all going, though :)
Nad thank you again Andrea... I think you have summed up many a 52 there, I know many want to do the best they can and it shows week in week out in their threads, yours included for sure (y)

Yes, it's a bit tenuous, but who cares - it's a super image! How brilliant to get all three lined up so perfectly, and then the huge yawn from the nearest one. A nice unfussy background too so the eye is drawn straight to those lovely animals (y)

Very jealous; I'd love to have joined you but the Irish Sea is a bit of an obstacle. Maybe next year Georgina @Missycat and I will do some advance planning and join the fun :cautious:

Hi DK I’m here at last :)
And here you is yes :)

did those lions line up especially in a row just for you?
Looks like it doesn't it :D

I had to wait a tad to get the back two to look in the same direction, they were looking at the sacrificial virgins @Cobra sorted for us :whistle:

Fabulous expression on those faces and that bored yawn says it all ...a tenuous link but hey who cares! Great shot.
Thank you :)

And such a cool link :LOL:

Yes, it's a bit tenuous, but who cares - it's a super image!
Thank you Andrea :)

How brilliant to get all three lined up so perfectly, and then the huge yawn from the nearest one. A nice unfussy background too so the eye is drawn straight to those lovely animals (y)
Thank you again :cool:

Very jealous; I'd love to have joined you but the Irish Sea is a bit of an obstacle. Maybe next year Georgina @Missycat and I will do some advance planning and join the fun :cautious:
Now that would be fantastic if you ladies did :clap:

"People, people, people".....good grief meister DK... pulling a shoehorn this close to the start... what about a line of camera lenses with barely a wisp of hand or pressed up faces, Focus on lead person with a DoF trailing off the togs... its a great catch all the same (y)

"People, people, people".....good grief meister DK... pulling a shoehorn this close to the start... what about a line of camera lenses with barely a wisp of hand or pressed up faces, Focus on lead person with a DoF trailing off the togs... its a great catch all the same (y)
Well... that was my plan, but I forgot :D

:agree: with all the silly comments, and :agree: you did the right thing: how could you not show us such an excellent capture of your day at the zoo!:clap:

Defiantly a shoe horn but a Great shot good DoF
Thank you Alison :)

:agree: with all the silly comments, and :agree: you did the right thing: how could you not show us such an excellent capture of your day at the zoo!:clap:
Cheers matey - appreciated David :) :cool:

Right for this weeks theme 'Stark' i decided to go for the 'Desolate and Bare in appearance' take on the word.

I didn't get up as early as I hoped for where I originally wanted to travel to, so I just got up and walked down to the village beach for these.

2 images, the first I feel is more 'Bare' though I actually prefer the second image because of the figure, but that figure then takes away from the theme for me so hence 2nd choice.

What have I learnt today, well, on editing I feel I could have included more beach, although the sea is the main bare element and if more beach was in maybe that would confuse things, like I am confusing myself already :D

Week 3 - Stark

Week 3 - Stark by TP DK, on Flickr

Week 3 - Stark 2

Week 3 - Stark 2 by TP DK, on Flickr

I actually think the 2nd shot is waay better Dean..... I like that a lot.....the first is just a bit...meh....

Another vote for No2 :)

I suspect you had to be there to "get" the motion-blurred figure, all the same I really like the second, good sharp details on the beach and lovely smooth water and sky, very nice.

Number 2 is the winner for me, starkness of the sand with the weed on it and the ghost at the far right is a bonus :confused:

I actually think the 2nd shot is waay better Dean..... I like that a lot.....the first is just a bit...meh....
Hahaaa thank you Mark :D :)

Same here - really like the 2nd shot.
Thank you Lee :)

Another vote for No2 :)
Blimey... thanks too Dave :)

I suspect you had to be there to "get" the motion-blurred figure, all the same I really like the second, good sharp details on the beach and lovely smooth water and sky, very nice.
Thank you Chris, yes I guess it isn't obvious the figure unless I told you :)

Hi Dean I really do like both shots for stark, I was going to say #2 as well but looking on flickr at it the dark blur RHS just puts me off a bit even though I have know idea what it is. So it`s #1 for me :)
Ahhhh good choice Dave :LOL: I must say I like your reasoning :)

Number 2 is the winner for me, starkness of the sand with the weed on it and the ghost at the far right is a bonus :confused:
Thank you very much Paul :)

#2 ... nature's wasteland .... stark.
Cheers David :) natures wasteland, I like it (y)

People - what can I say :) a great shoehorn as the others have said a cracking gob, good to hear you had a good day despite poor weather.

Stark - they are both great images for the theme, and its another vote for the #2 the seaweed in the foreground scattered about makes it a more interesting image to look at.

Dark Knight Dean, almost completely missed your posts - and realise that your first picture wasn't posted until the 7th while I was away on holiday. My favourite is your gated shot, and this weeks stark shot. The second shot for me has more interest with the seaweed and pebbles. A very serene setting and gives the sense of tranquility. Did you use a 10 stop filter?

People - what can I say :) a great shoehorn as the others have said a cracking gob, good to hear you had a good day despite poor weather.
Thanks Mandy :)

Stark - they are both great images for the theme, and its another vote for the #2 the seaweed in the foreground scattered about makes it a more interesting image to look at.
Cool, thank you again Mandy :)

Dark Knight Dean, almost completely missed your posts - and realise that your first picture wasn't posted until the 7th while I was away on holiday.
No worries Gil :)

My favourite is your gated shot, and this weeks stark shot. The second shot for me has more interest with the seaweed and pebbles. A very serene setting and gives the sense of tranquility.
Thank you Gil, kind of you to say :)

Did you use a 10 stop filter?
I certainly did, I tried a couple with no filter and a little stopper but neither gave the blank look I wanted :)

Two "Excellent" Stark shots Sir, both very fitting for the theme.(y)

George.

Hmm I think No2 just edges it for me I feels more Stark love the muted colours
Thanmkl you Mark :)

Ignore all those people :naughty: number 2 is definitely the best :whistle: nice movement in the water and sky :clap:
HaHAHAA thank you too Allan :D :)

Another vote for #2 with all the debris on the beach!
Damn... thank you Bernrd

Two "Excellent" Stark shots Sir, both very fitting for the theme.(y)

George.
Thank you very much George :)

Well... No:2 is getting ALL the votes then Hahaha opposite that I thought theme wise, though yes I prefer it as an image :)

Back