weekly DK's - Photo-52 of 2018 - Week 7 'GUARD' added

I'll go for the second one too.....the scene in the first shot looks too inviting to represent "stark".

#1 for me Dean, most of the other comments are obviously wrong ;)
I feel #1 says desolate far more than #2, the seaweed and large rocks somehow don't have the same feel (for me anyway).
Cool mate, happy for one against the flow :LOL: - Thank you :)

Gotta be #1 for me too DK ... it just shouts Stark to me and I really like it.
Oooo thank you Susie :)

Love the picture of the lions, the two in the bg just look so bored and great timing to get the yawn in while they are all looking the same way :clap: 2nd one for the stark shot for me, I prefer the debris on the beach to the stones, lovely colours too. Would be really good to come and meet some of you. We just need plenty of notice so it doesn't get too expensive:D

Love the picture of the lions, the two in the bg just look so bored and great timing to get the yawn in while they are all looking the same way :clap:
Oooo thank you Georgina :)

2nd one for the stark shot for me, I prefer the debris on the beach to the stones, lovely colours too.
Thank you again :)

Would be really good to come and meet some of you. We just need plenty of notice so it doesn't get too expensive:D
Agreed would be great for you both to visit, lets get it arranged !!

Stark - both good shots I like 2 more as picture but 1 it better for the theme
Thank you too Alison :)

I like the colours and composition of both Stark images, but I am following the crowd in choosing #2 as my favourite! I think the debris on the beach adds so much appeal and it just seems to fit the theme better than the first one, which looks almost too pretty to be 'stark' :)

I like the colours and composition of both Stark images, but I am following the crowd in choosing #2 as my favourite! I think the debris on the beach adds so much appeal and it just seems to fit the theme better than the first one, which looks almost too pretty to be 'stark' :)
Thank you Andrea, and there was me thinking you would be the rebel :D

And onto this week, yes at the 11th hour but still on time (doing well with my keeping up :LOL: )

My Prop turned up on Monday but I have been busy on paperwork each evening, but today decided to come straight in and take the shot before I unpacked my usual kit and clobber out of the car....

A simple idea again, Woody kicking over dominoes, my initial domino props were too small but I liked the idea so my mind was set... I wanted a dark image with just the props visible so chose white dominoes, this did cause a bit of a problem with grounding, but hey cant win them all.

I set the props up and got the light and focus right first before shooting 5 tumbles, the first attempt was good and better than I hoped, but I captured the fall in the back row, so I set them up a few times more looking at the screen and choosing to have a small return at the back and the dominoes falling in the front row, my final shot (the 3rd shot I was happy with out of the 5 was finished dead on the 45 minute deadline I set myself to quit hahaha)

Here we go...

Week 4 - Woody kicking my dominoes 'Over'

Week 4 - Over by TP DK, on Flickr

Over- Wow that's brilliant Dean very nicely set up and lit not much else to add to what Andrea and Mandy have already said best image I've seen for the weeks theme

Great idea Dean and fabulous execution:) Does Woody stand up on his own or did you have PP something out? Great BG too

Very well done - nice prop work and patience to get the image that you thought worked best

Great idea, perfectly executed! Well lit, well timed, and at first I thought you had ordered the dominos as well... (y)

That's a cracker of a shot - great idea and super execution - well done!

“Cracking” Over shot & idea Sir, really fits the theme and very well thought out and presented.(y)

George.

That's excellent, one of the very best I have seen so far in this round! Clever idea and classy result; a solid black background, lighting that defines the shape of Woody and the dominoes, and a hint of motion as they fall :clap:
OOo thanks Andrea :cool:

Over - I love it, can't beat a good woody image,
That you cant :)

good clear background and woody is nicely lit and as Andrea says a nice hint of motion blur as the dominoes fall over. :clap::clap: Excellent work.
Cheers too Mandy :) :)

Over- Wow that's brilliant Dean very nicely set up and lit not much else to add to what Andrea and Mandy have already said best image I've seen for the weeks theme
Oh Blimey - Thank you :)

Great idea Dean and fabulous execution:) Does Woody stand up on his own or did you have PP something out? Great BG too
Ahhh well I did clone out his (cough) pole, after I removed his base, made a hole in my cloth and base... Pic attached :D

Very well done - nice prop work and patience to get the image that you thought worked best
Thank you Iain, Yes it did pay off, I am glad I spent some time re-setting up rather than taking the first two attempts that worked :)

Great idea, perfectly executed! Well lit, well timed, and at first I thought you had ordered the dominos as well... (y)
Hahaaaaa well, I did think to arrange them all, but did just the last couple that can be seen clearly to be nice numbers :D - and thank you :)

WOW DK this is a great shot imo Woody kicking over the Doms, great dark BG really does make it all stand out beautifully. A well thought out and taken shot for the theme (y)(y)(y)
Thank you very much Dave, appreciated mate :)

That's a cracker of a shot - great idea and super execution - well done!
Cheers Phil :)

Very Clever Shot DK, I like it.
Thank you Pete :)

Great shot for over, dedication well paid off I'd say!
Richard, thank you :)
Very nicely done DK, nothing to add to the praise you've already had/
Cool... thanks Tim :)
“Cracking” Over shot & idea Sir, really fits the theme and very well thought out and presented.(y)

George.
And thank you too George :)

And a BIG thanks to all for the great comments, I liked the image for sure and am VERY pleased it has gone down so well :)

Great Idea and well done for getting it in only 5 shots good timing.I really like it

Clever idea, well executed with a beautiful result (no strings or blue tack visible) :clap:

Cracking shot Dean, I really like it, nothing needs changing at all.
Thank you Michael :)

Great Idea and well done for getting it in only 5 shots good timing.I really like it
Thank you too :)

:agree: really good, very well set up and captured :clap:
Cheers Chris :)

Clever idea, well executed with a beautiful result (no strings or blue tack visible) :clap:
Hahaha thank you david :)

Yes, no strings involved, all truly captured :)

I’m using a rota to make sure I spread my comments round. Will be doing about 1 in 7 each week, so this week you got lucky :)

Week 4 - Over. Like the props and action shot - good contrast with dark background

Week 5 - I'll be back ....

I’m using a rota to make sure I spread my comments round. Will be doing about 1 in 7 each week, so this week you got lucky :)
Woo Hoo :)

Week 4 - Over. Like the props and action shot - good contrast with dark background
Thamk you kind sir :)

Week 5 - I'll be back ....
:cool:

And so to week 5 - One taken on site last week which was taken on time just not edited :)

I felt it was apt for the theme, not an exciting image for sure but something different, I struggled with light and took a few trying to get a nice angle, this is the best I could get with keeping the uprights... Trying a stitched pano soon :)

Week 5 'Age' - a NEW suspended ceiling grid going in...

Week 5 - Age by TP DK, on Flickr

And for last weeks theme another nice simple image, I was going for a shallow DoF aimed on the screw.

The resulting image, well the DoF I needed to get the base and point in was wider than I was expecting, and to get a nice close in crop I have lost a good chunk of wood, but hey-ho it is okay theme wise :)

Week 6 - Sharp

Week 6 - Sharp by TP DK, on Flickr

I impressed by the suspended ceiling shot, light looks good and there is detail outside the windows, good job.

Sharp certainly makes a point :coat:

And to get me up to date shot wise I give you - Guards x 2, a Dust Guard and a Blade Guard :D

Image wise I was trying again for a relatively low DoF with the focus on the guards, I tired various angles and was expecting to prefer a diagonal image, though on editing I prefer this head on shot.

My thoughts - I am happy with the resulting timber particles caught in the air, though I would have proffered a deeper depth to the image, but again this will do fine :)

Week 7 - Guard by TP DK, on Flickr

Guard - good shot and works for me. Was going to try something similar but couldn't work out how to get the sawdust from the cut and take the shot at the same time and by myself.
It may be a relatively short depth of focus but you've got the relevant parts of the saw spot on. Good job.

Back