weekly FlyPhot's 52 for 2019 Thread - Week 52 'Out-Take (and finished)' Added

Lovely light and colour in Short, good idea for the theme

Week 46 - Environmental damage caused by a quarry ...

That's a good powerful image that gets the message across. Nice moody sky & brighter foreground.

That's a good powerful image that gets the message across. Nice moody sky & brighter foreground.

Thanks, it's not my favourite image so far, I have to admit (and I may substitute it if I get the time to take another).

That`s another very nicely taken image from you Jim, the colours all go together very nicely and on theme too.
Thanks Dave, kind words, but as I said above it's not my favourite by a long shot. Although the new (to me) X-Pro1 is a joy to use.

Fab shot and great colours Jim.:clap:
Nice moody sky adds to the sombre feel of the environmental message in the image.

Thanks Gareth, much appreciated

Not Far to go for the recruits completing their Commando course at the Commando Training Centre Royal Marines in Devon. This sign signifies that the end is in sight for 2 of the Commando tests (and most of their squad runs in the lanes) ...

I really like this, funny and well done

I really like this, funny and well done

Thanks, that sign has been there years and years. Generations of Commandos will be familiar with it.

Thanks, that sign has been there years and years. Generations of Commandos will be familiar with it.
I can vouch for that, it was there in 1983 when I was at Lympstone.

Superb take on FAR! And I bet that 500m feels like 5k

Hi Jim

Lovely golden colours in your short image.

Environment Nice clouds and shows the theme well, at least they have'nt built the houses there yet. Is it in surrey somewhere, looks familiar, but a long time since I used to live there if it is.

Far, Not Far, you had some luck with that sign, very clever image bang on theme, love the way the road disappears and also the very broody sky.

Pete

Great fun take shot on theme Jim, love it.

Thanks, much appreciated.

Hi Jim

Lovely golden colours in your short image.

Environment Nice clouds and shows the theme well, at least they have'nt built the houses there yet. Is it in surrey somewhere, looks familiar, but a long time since I used to live there if it is.

Far, Not Far, you had some luck with that sign, very clever image bang on theme, love the way the road disappears and also the very broody sky.

Pete

Thanks for the kind words:

I'm really pleased with the leaf image
The quarry image is not my favourite, by far. It's actually in Devon and on a protected pebblebed heath so absolutely no chance of houses being built, thankfully. It will now be left to let nature reclaim it, it's just an eyesore right now (and a very deep hole!).
The sign image is also in Devon and was taken v early on my way to work, hence the dark sky, but I agree it does add to the image.

Week 48 Playing ... Professor Bumble at our grandson's birhday party yesterday ...

Nice shot there, I'd like to see the colour version too :)

Terrific, crisp shot with a great sense of fun!
The mono treatment works well, and as you (and @Dave70D ) say, it's enhanced by the higher ISO.
(ISO 6400 you say?! I can only dream of that! If I dared go beyond ISO 1600, it would look like I've sneezed a load of pixels on the screen!!:LOL:)
Excellent work Jim!(y)

Terrific, crisp shot with a great sense of fun!
The mono treatment works well, and as you (and @Dave70D ) say, it's enhanced by the higher ISO.
(ISO 6400 you say?! I can only dream of that! If I dared go beyond ISO 1600, it would look like I've sneezed a load of pixels on the screen!!:LOL:)
Excellent work Jim!(y)

Thanks Gareth, very kind.

Love that shot! Looks very filmy :)

Jim

I like the tones you have captured and the concentration on the guys face. Really Good.

Pete

Jim

I like the tones you have captured and the concentration on the guys face. Really Good.
Pete

I agree, well exposed fuji shots can cope with high iso pretty well (especially when converted to mono).
That's a fun looking shot, and he doesn't even look like it's difficult!

Thanks for the nice comments - i'm loving the X-Pro1

Week 49 - Below

These rocks would normally be below the waves, were it not for a lower than usual tide (and it's not springs yet either) ...

Love the richness to the colours. I guessed it was a Fuji ;)
When looking at the photo I like how it leads you to the rocks that are a bit off to the left. I initially thought they were an abandoned boat.

Love the richness to the colours. I guessed it was a Fuji ;)
When looking at the photo I like how it leads you to the rocks that are a bit off to the left. I initially thought they were an abandoned boat.

Thanks Tim, I'm loving the X-Pro1. I may even upgrade to the X-Pro2 next year (can't afford the 3!).

Very nice below shot, I like that a lot, the 10-24 is a great lens :)

Back