weekly Flyphot's 52 for 2020: Week 52 'Decorate' added

Great household item shot. Works well in black and white. I’d say it has the X factor [emoji51]

haha, many thanks

Your have missed out the 4 candles in the photo Jim.

As said a classic but well taken shot.

Pete

Not even a tine-y bit of criticism for this one. Nicely executed and lovely mono.

It's interesting how often forks end up as subjects on the 52. Nicely executed addition to the body of work.

Thanks Tim.

Week 23 - Hidden - I thought i'd have a go at a tryptich this week. This old Box Brownie was hidden away in a drawer at home, and I love the way the working parts of the camera are hidden when it's folded away.

Last edited:
Great "progression" in the triptych Jim.
Nice processing too.

Nice looking box brownie and original box. The processing suits the vintage.

Nice looking box brownie and original box. The processing suits the vintage.

Cheers Phil. Theres still film in the camera too!

Works well in sepia - needs another stop maybe one and a half of exposure for me though. Histogram says so too.

Works well in sepia - needs another stop maybe one and a half of exposure for me though. Histogram says so too.

Cheers Dave, you may be right on the exposure, but I kind of like it a bit on the dark side :) (noting that not all monitors are equal too ;) )

I like how the triptych tells a story of the camera operates. The processing suits the bygone age of the camera too.

Cheers Stan

Really like how you have lined up the background paper - very clever.

Really like how you have lined up the background paper - very clever.

Thanks Fi, I didn't quite get it on the right hand image, but i'm pleased with the result overall.

Back