weekly Garys(Gjhill) 52 for 22 - Week 52 - Showcase

week 11 technology.jpg

Really struggled with this not sure if I am happy with my choice

Maybe not happy but it fits the bill. Sometimes I find myself in the same situation and just grab a shot of whatever to complete the challenge. I feel your pain

week 12 discarded.jpg

quick iPhone shot on this mornings dog walk

Don't forget to add the weeks to your posts Gill.... only because I am trying to catch up on several weeks comments!

Technology - fits the bill well and I love the timing so that you have captured the water bubbling. I think if it was possible to move it away from the sign in the background that might have helped, and maybe cropped in, but it may not have been possible.

Discarded - well spotted. I do hope they are just waiting to be picked up and have not been dumped. The B&W adds to the rather sad sight.

Looks like they have been there for some time already. Well spotted and themed fitted.

Good image .. hits the challenge

week 13 flora.jpg

It's definitely flora Gary, so it meets this weeks theme.

Unfortunately it's a type of flora covered under schedule 9, part 2 of the Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981.

Japanese knotweed... !!!!

It's Himalayan Balsam ... still a blasted pest though

We have the same type of pest weed here as well. They have some pretty flowers but just sooo invasive.

There’s lots down by the Irwell where I take the dog for his daily duck/deer chasing exercises

It's definitely flora Gary, so it meets this weeks theme.

Unfortunately it's a type of flora covered under schedule 9, part 2 of the Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981.

It's Himalayan Balsam ... still a blasted pest though

Both pests... and very similar too - having had first hand experience of the stuff. At least knotweed has now been downgraded slightly.

unusual wildlife for Ramsbottom !!!!!!!

week 14 unusual.jpg

That answers the old question "Do bears .... in the woods?"

Certainly unusual!

That image made me smile ... nice one.

amongst the rocks and pebbles in the Irwell

week 15 snappers choice.jpg

Last edited:
A nice bit of incongruity there Gary - well found and shot :)

Nice shot Gary. I always like shots of nature influenced by man and the stories that you can weave from that tension.

A nice image, a bit ancient & modern

week 16 trees.jpg

Back