Greengo's TP52 2017 - Weeks 10, 11 & 12 Added

How do you make toasted sandwiches with that? I guess it could sear the edges.
Certainly fits the theme, but I'm not sure on the crop myself. Cutting the handle almost feels a bit accidental, I would have the whole iron in the shot, or as has been suggested, crop in much closer to make a more abstract type of image.

Like it fits, the theme, but I would of either cropped closer or got in the top of the iron.

Those boots are certainly made for walking, great idea, interesting idea getting a dictionary out for the word Hairy. There is nothing better that an iron for smoothing clothers or damp sheets, a bit of music and the job is worth doing.(y)

I like your idea for smooth, but there might be a better composition...

Week 5 - Mineral

One of those themes that has you stumped for a while and then you think of something... Having had the flu for the past week I've been getting cabin fever with staying indoors... I really wanted to take this shot outdoors to a mountain top or beside a lake etc but with the shivers and lemsip I'm making a steady recovery to the normal days of working life...
Thought about stones and crystals and then settled on MINERAL water...
Hope you like the image...
Mineral.jpg

Speedy recovery Colin. Like the idea of taking it against a mountain scene .. maybe when you are better. Good for the theme.

Hi Colin, not so sure on the dark background, but good elements fort the theme/image, I feel the bottle could have done with a tiny clockwise twist to get the name and logo straight, I feel the pain with the bug, I have been through 3 boxes of lemsips lately :D - hope you feel better soo (y)

Thanks for all your kind comments... I'm feeling better this week...

So for whole I thought about hands holding a globe... The WHOLE world in your hands... but I didnt have a globe... What I did have was WHOLE beans of coffee so I stuck with that idea... I couldnt get a model to hold it in their hands so I tried a different take on it...
The first image has been altered slightly in PS... with a border to hide some stuff to the left of the image...
The second image was straight out of the camera... no manipulation... short sharp and to the point... WHOLE bean coffee ready to be ground up...

Ground 1.jpg

Ground 2.jpg

Got to agree with Andy & Em`. #2 is a cracking shot, and the wooden BG works for me too (y)

#2 without hesitation Colin. Nicely balanced in terms of lighting as well as the wood on the handle with the table top.

#2 for me too! I like the various shades of brown in the background, the coffee beans and the handle.

Definitely the second one Colin. I like the narrow band of light on the metal rim and the wooden background.

Hi Colin.
Mineral - Well done for getting anything down whilst suffering from Man Flu. We all know how debilitating it is (women just don't understand what we go through!!!). Adding the bottle top prevents the image from being too central, so it's good you included it.
Whole - The second image for me, the first feels a bit contrived for me. Both seem to have blown highlights, but as they are reflections I'm not sure how you'd have handled it differently without running the risk of underexposing.

Catching up slowly but surely... Want to stay in touch...
Week 7 - Structure
We have a bridge in our town which is unique in its design and STRUCTURE... I took this image to show part of the STRUCTURE and soft focus the towns Guildhall in the background...
Structure.jpg

Week 8 - ROUTINE
As part of our daily ROUTINE, brushing the old teeth is essential...
Routine.jpg

Week 9 - NUMBERS
We have an old type telephone in our hall... It was the first thing I thought about when NUMBERS came up this week... Tried to get low and close to make an interesting shot... How interesting can a phone be lol...
Numbers.jpg

Thanks for all your comments thus far... they are really appreciated...

Hi Colin,
Structure - I know it isn't, but that almost has a TS look to it. Excellent contrast of the modern steelwork against the gothic style building.
Routine - I'm afraid I'm going to make the same comment I did for a previous dental hygiene shot. As there is a lot of white in the shot, the exposure has pushed it towards 18% grey, exposure / whitepoint needs tweaking.
Numbers - interesting take on an old style phone, I assume they are push buttons masquerading as the dial? Nice one.

Structure is a lovely shot with the contrast between the old and the new. Lots of detail in the bridge too.

Agree with Tim about Routine, it's a bit too grey.

Numbers does what it says on the tin. Nice angle and dof but again the whites could be whiter.

Really liking your Structure Colin ... freshly painted clasp thingie stands out beautifully against the BG. (y)

Catching up slowly but surely... Want to stay in touch...
Week 7 - Structure
We have a bridge in our town which is unique in its design and STRUCTURE... I took this image to show part of the STRUCTURE and soft focus the towns Guildhall in the background...
View attachment 96938

I like this a lot, like the way you almost expect the shot to have the Guildhall as the main focus but I like the way you've brought structure and its meaning closer to the viewer.

Good combination of shiny new modern engineering structure with the oof church in the background.

Routine and numbers, simple and on theme.

(y)

Catch up time again... When i see the topic for each week I get an image that I want in my head and then think too long about the one picture... next thing I know its another week gone by and I struggle to get images done... Appologies for lagging behind...
Week 10 - ATTRACTIVE
My first thought was a magnet... I noticed everyone putting up images of attractive people and didnt want to go that route... Then my wife bought a small bunch of flowers and thought they were very attractive so hence the image... 50mm in close...
Attractive.jpg

Week 11 - DARK
So all you Game Of Thrones fans will know this place... known as the "Kings Road" in GOT its real name is the "Dark Hedges" here in N. Ireland... Maybe not as DARK as other images but its the photographers personal take on an image that counts...
Dark.jpg

Week 12 - POWER
Ireland has its myths and legends and with these stories comes heroes and villains... One hero who overlooks Lough Foyle here is known as Manannán Mac Lir... He is also associated with the Isle Of Man...
He had great POWER and wisdom and sailed the seas in his boat the Wave Sweeper... Looking at his statue you can see how POWERful he really was...
Power.jpg

As always thanks for your comments etc

Hi Colin.
Attractive - I think this is the weakest of the three shots, primarily because my eyes don't know where to settle.
Colours are nice though.
Dark - Dark???? I'm not sure I see dark in the image - shadow yes, but... who am I to say anything about shoe-horns ;)
This is my favourite of the three images, I like the greens and the leading line to the person some way down the road.
I would never have guessed it was from GOT.
Power - I thought this was some kind of Neptune figure before reading your description, and I guess in some ways it is.
Plenty of detail, especially on the boat at the bottom. Have you considered a graduated exposure compensation to lighten the top too?

3 good images to catch up with. I like the muted colours of the flowers with the softness of only having a couple in focus. The Dark is more LOTR than GOT as I've never watched GOT, it just needs some Hobbits. The Power I'd like to see it a little wider as composition wise I think it has many possibilities.

(y)

Great catch up! Standing out for me is dark, great light, great colours!

Back