Greengo's TP52 2017 - Weeks 10, 11 & 12 Added

Name
Colin
Edit My Images
Yes
Happy new year everyone... Hope to see y'all sticking around for the next 52 weeks...

For my first entry this week, yes I know I'm slightly behind, here is my take on Song title/Lyrics... being an old rocker this one was easy for me... Sadly Lemmy is no longer with us but on the radio this song gets played often so its fitting that a year after his death I've included the Ace Of Spades by Motorhead... Quite a simple image but it tells the tale...

Hope you like it...

AOS.jpg

Great song and brilliantly taken with that DoF drawing attention to the subject part. Happy New Year to you too.

I like it. Clean and simple and you've used the shallow DOF to good effect.

I know the song! Great photo, nice and simple, and great use of the shallow DoF.

Week 1 - Order

Staying ahead I managed to grab this image for the theme this week... My Star Wars collection of DVD's in ORDER from 1 to 6... Nothing spectacular I know but maybe a re-shoot later in the year :rolleyes: *cough* #shoehorn...
Order.jpg

Really like your song title shot, Colin. Simple but effective and perfectly on theme. Well exposed and a nice layout / DoF.

Order isn't really doing it for me. I think it's the perspective as well as the reflections. Not to mention the '12' rating sitting at a different height playing havoc with my OCD [emoji1]

It's certainly Orderly Colin but not sure about the sheen and the verticals.

Your song title is a strong image, I like the POV and the shallow DOF although I would have liked just a touch more to have the ace symbol on the middle of the card slightly more in focus.

Well done for getting something done for Order, I know from last year it gets very hard to catch up once your behind so sometimes it's better just to get something in. I would have preferred it straightened up and without the bit of background on the right hand side but it works for the theme. What has happened to number 7?

Hi Colin

Ace of Spade is nicely focused.

Order ... not so well focused ... too shiny.

I think we've got the starwars dvds here somewhere, as my 12 yr old has recently gotten into it.
I hadn't realised the ratings went PG,PG,12,U,U,U

I have to agree with the comments regarding the reflections.
Am I seeing high iso grain too?

Week 1 done. Onwards and upwards :)

I'm afraid I'm not too keen on your order shot either, composition, DoF, reflections... doesn't work for me.

Thanks for all your comments guys... appreciated and taken on board...

So Week 2 - COMFORT
I like walking. I like taking my camera with me when I walk in case I see anything of interest. When I'm walking I like my feet to feel COMFORTable... They can only achieve that in these COMFORTable shoes... See what I did there ;)
Comfort.jpg

Week 3 - Hairy
Being from Ireland I have a keen interest in the Irish language... Interestingly enough I never knew what HAIRY meant in Irish so I looked it up. Then I thought I'd share it with my fellow 52'ers on TP...
Hairy.jpg

Boots look worn so evidently very Comfortable - good choice. As for Hairy - took the words right out of my mouth ... all very self-explanatory really :exit:

Two great shots. I like the DoF in the hairy shot, and the lighting.

Two good shots there Colin. I like Comfort because the dof is spot on making the boots stand out against the bg and the floor level pov really works, plus you have photographed them in their natural environment and not in a neutral setting.

For Hairy I like the crop and the processing and don't feel it needs anything adding to eat but you've just missed the focus point which could be a little lower I think.

Comfort - They look well used, and thus comfortable boots. I agree with Jill regarding the pov.
Hairy - I have to agree with DK regarding the image lacking something. I'm also not 100% that Hairy is the line focused on, Hairdressing is perhaps a tad sharper?

Comfort - I agree it helps to have a good solid pair of comfy shoes or boots to go walking in. Good take on the theme, nice DOF.

Hairy - I have got to agree with Tim, the image does lack in a little something. I think there could be a bit better composition in there somewhere.

Week 4 - Smooth

So how do you get those clothes smooth with no wrinkles ? You use a SMOOTHing iron of course... Love a bit of smoothing on a Sunday afternoon... I find it very therapeutic...
I do like my shallow DOF...

Smooth.jpg

Great idea for smooth, I like the crop which draws the eye to the business end of the iron

Clever take on the theme, I like it. Maybe could have has a few wrinkles being smoothed out, but that`s just nit picking ;)

Lovely bokeh on the rhs Colin. Sharp where it needs to be and of course it fits the theme perfectly.

Back