iPHONE images... post your iPhone/Mobile pics HERE... :-)

Well, you’re getting bettter — good point about the 139 bus but “Simpson’s” and Nelson’s Column are good indicators — also the fact that Gary has tagged it as “Strand” in Flickr is a clue ;).

On the other one you asked about the buiding frontage on the left ‘screamed’ “underground station’ by its general appearance and of course “Garden” said which one ;).

Many thanks for that Richard, much appreciated.

"I'd never heard of Simpsons (I'm from the USA) and I thought Nelsons Column could possibly be seen from a number of streets. Must admit I hadn't looked at Garry's shot on Flickr though so I hadn't seen the tagging"

I'd never heard of Simpsons

Understandable, it‘s a London landmark though:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simpson's-in-the-Strand
(I'm from the USA)
I know!
and I thought Nelsons Column could possibly be seen from a number of streets.
It can. I guess one takes several things together and “zizz” (as in ornithology)a place — also I spent 2 years commuting into Charing Cross station at my first job so may be more familiar with The Strand than most people from Tennessee :LOL:

Understandable, it‘s a London landmark though:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simpson's-in-the-Strand

I know!

It can. I guess one takes several things together and “zizz” (as in ornithology)a place — also I spent 2 years commuting into Charing Cross station at my first job so may be more familiar with The Strand than most people from Tennessee :LOL:

Thank you kindly Richard, appreciate your reply.

"I suppose technically I'm now from the UK (Kent) having sold by main property and business together with my wife's business in "Spring Creek TN" a little earlier this year, although we still do have a place in "Murfreesboro TN" which is the town I was born in. So now living more or less permanently in the UK and liking it very much and looking forward to many more frequent visits to London (I love the place)"

Thank you kindly Richard, appreciate your reply.

"I suppose technically I'm now from the UK (Kent) having sold by main property and business together with my wife's business in "Spring Creek TN" a little earlier this year, although we still do have a place in "Murfreesboro TN" which is the town I was born in. So now living more or less permanently in the UK and liking it very much and looking forward to many more frequent visits to London (I love the place)"
Welcome to the land of the unconquered (Invicta!) — there is a semi myth that Kent was never conquered by William the b*****d (the Normans) but reached a separate agreement. There is some evidence that this is true as the Germanic laws of inheritance were legal there until quite recently unlike ‘primogeniture’ in the rest of England.

Now you have to find if you are a “Man of Kent” or a “Kentish Man”:

Men of Kent and Kentish Men[edit source]​

Kent is traditionally divided into East Kent and West Kent and such a division can be traced back at least as far as the Anglo-Saxon Kingdom of Kent. Those from the East are known as Men of Kent (or Maids of Kent) and those from the West as Kentish Men (or Kentish Maids)

(Though born in London, I’m a Kentish Man :().

Kent is traditionally divided into East Kent and West Kent and such a division can be traced back at least as far as the Anglo-Saxon Kingdom of Kent. Those from the East are known as Men of Kent (or Maids of Kent) and those from the West as Kentish Men (or Kentish Maids)

:) :) :) East Kent.

Another very nice lowish light capture Garry, liking this one very much.

"I'm not too good at the moment at recognising streets in London (but I'm getting better). Would this by any chance be "The Strand" ? I do seem to recall at a recent visit to London we caught a 139 bus from outside Charing Cross Stn going to Oxford Circus"

Thanks, George. I'm tempted to say no, it's not the Strand, but Richard gave the game away. :)

Now you have to find if you are a “Man of Kent” or a “Kentish Man”:
(Though born in London, I’m a Kentish Man :().

Aha! Same here. I live in South East London but my family on both sides are Kentish Men and Maids. I hope this doesn't mean that we have to go to battle against George... ;)

Thanks, George. I'm tempted to say no, it's not the Strand, but Richard gave the game away. :)

Aha! Same here. I live in South East London but my family on both sides are Kentish Men and Maids. I hope this doesn't mean that we have to go to battle against George... ;)
I think, given where he hails from, he’ll be familiar with the history of internecine feuds :LOL:

"Excellent" low light capture Stephen, I'm amazed at the quality of shots that can be obtained from cell phones. The detail both in the highlights & shadows of this shot would be hard to replicate with a high end camera.
I agree, I shot this with the night time feature on my Hauwei P30 pro and I'm always amazed how well they turn out.
Thanks

Back