It's That Numpty Time Again - Who is up for it?

Less than a month left which for a filmie is about two days in digital time...aargh. Better do something!

So, I got a pair of the fujifilm disposable cameras, since they were on a deal. My son has almost finished one already, and I might even get chance to take some photos myself soon.
I'll put his efforts up at some point once its all been dev'd, though I should warn he's only three :D

So, I got a pair of the fujifilm disposable cameras, since they were on a deal. My son has almost finished one already, and I might even get chance to take some photos myself soon.
I'll put his efforts up at some point once its all been dev'd, though I should warn he's only three :D

He could win it!

I think I'm being too picky about what I shoot, knowing that there are only a limited number of shots per camera - such a change from shooting digital!

All of my shots have been crap so far and I keep forgetting to take it with me when I got out have missed some great opportunities

I got 2 cameras 2 or 3 weeks ago. One is in the car and one is here by my sofa.
I want to get a shot of the sheffield skyline at dusk but I'm not sure it's shutter speed will be low enough even with a 400 in.

Well he/she/it will be coming out with me today, hope I manage to capture something half decent

Can I have a quick rules check? I've got two ready to get dev'd, am I alright to do it at home and scan it providing I don't tinker with it in any way?

Film filled, camera delivered to SnappySnaps for D&S of my CrappySnaps. Hopefully there are a couple of decent ones on the roll and equally hopefully the thing being 8 years out of date won't have fnurkled it completely! Whatever the result, I'll sling the best couple up for kicks and giggles!

Can I have a quick rules check? I've got two ready to get dev'd, am I alright to do it at home and scan it providing I don't tinker with it in any way?
Dev'ing and scanning at home is fine, just no tweaking after the scan.

Film filled, camera delivered to SnappySnaps for D&S of my CrappySnaps. Hopefully there are a couple of decent ones on the roll and equally hopefully the thing being 8 years out of date won't have fnurkled it completely! Whatever the result, I'll sling the best couple up for kicks and giggles!

Hmmm... I want a refund on what the camera cost me (but can I keep the free car that came with it please?) ;) The 8 years of improper storage sure as hell haven't done it any favours, giving horrendous colour casts and negs so dark along the edges that I can't make out the film manufacturer and can barely see that it was allegedly ISO 400. I suppose I could try rescanning them here with whatever scanning trickery I can muster but while that may be within the rules in letter, it's not really in their spirit, so I'll just have a play in PS to see what's rescuable but will obviously disqualify them from the competition.

Nod, shoulda kept quiet and just posted it and if anyone questioned it, assume a lofty expression and say "You just don't understand ART!" :D

It's so bad that it's beyond art and just pure crap! Even the deliberately induced flare shows no flair, just an 'orrible slash of light.

So I go on holiday, wishing me cameras had arrived but knowing they will be waiting for me when I get back 11 days later. Or not... they finally arrived on Tuesday, over two weeks after ordering :rage: I have some catching up to do by the sounds of it. :D

Feel free to start posting some of your efforts in this thread if you want, just save the 3 best for the voting thread which I am about to start. (y)

I'm annoyed... I've got a shot I quite like but its COVERED in dust specks :x
Might have a bash at rescanning it

So, I've pointed it at stuff and pressed the clicky thing on top, and now it's run out.

Best get it processed then.

If I were to choose the HP5 are the canisters/cameras easy to crack open if I wanted to dev the film myself?

Did you get an answer to this? I've now finished my HP5 single use, and looking to open it. I'm guessing I'll just have to poke a small-bladed screwdriver under various of the tabs and clips and see if that gets it to pop open...

I can't say for sure, but on every disposable I've used so far its been obvious where the film is (under the winder) and its a simple job to crack that bit open and the canister just drops out, then its a normal job of processing it :)

I can't say for sure, but on every disposable I've used so far its been obvious where the film is (under the winder) and its a simple job to crack that bit open and the canister just drops out, then its a normal job of processing it :)

And so it turned out... well, not quite as simple as I expected, it opened on one side but not the other and needed quite a lot of prising before the opening was large enough to get the canister out. No question of this one being re-loadable, though! The canister compartment in the HP5 one is well separated from any parts with circuits in them, so the risk of shock is minimal (but YMMV...). It rather looks as if there's a tasty battery in there if I crack open the other bit, but I haven't tried yet.

As expected it's a 24-shot HP5+; the extra 3 shots presumably come from not exposing the leader when the film is loaded. And I managed to stop winding with some leader still visible, so I don't have to fish before using my Rondinax 35 tank!

My fujifilm ones opened up almost like an APS camera does, and its meaty battery is a cheap aaa from a poundstore I think

I've been far less active than I had planned - my HP5 is almost done (very hard to make out the numbers in the little window!) but the colour Fuji has barely been used. I see the thread to post images is already up there, must get the HP5 developed!

I have only managed to take a few pictures so far, not even a third of the way through

May pull out of the comp if I don't mange to get snapping sometime soon

Oh dear, my plans are needing revision. Just got my two HP5 single use cameras. I thought taping a red filter on the front of one would be interesting in knocking a stop or two off the light, and also increasing contrast. Just held my 49mm red filter against it, and it's so comparatively large it's going to be almost impossible. The only way will be to tape it over the VF as well (at least that will remind me which is which!). And I'm almost guaranteed to get oodles of finger marks all over my filter! :(

Well, I did it:

Annoyingly, the filter only goes partway across the viewfinder, and the filter frame itself was at a slight angle (if a segment of circle can be at an angle!). I'm claiming that contributed to the wonky shots. Well, that's my story. Now the first one is devved and scanned, not properly reviewed yet though. At first glance, some possibles, but sadly some very much under-exposed. I think I'll leave the filter off the next one. Leaning towards the Rollei one I got via @desf from FirstCall...

Oh Man ... I'm still shooting mine, Trying some Macro dohhhh it wasn't meant to be this way ;) @Yv (your fault)

About half the shots from my Ilford SUC suffer from white streaks going across the frame. I'm guessing they are light leaks; possibly from my weird Rondinax developing tank, but perhaps more likely from the camera. :(

Started using the Rollei today (no red filter), and at about the fourth shot I pressed the little button for flash. That all worked fine, but I am annoyed that all subsequent shots now get flash as well. Anyone know how to turn it off? :thinking::banghead:

I think we were encouraged to put up some "also ran" shots here... please delete if I'm wrong! These from my Ilford Hp5+ single use with red filter taped on, devved in Ilfosol 3.

St Margarets Loch is running away!

Who says you can't shoot sports with a single use? (Yes, removing the red filter would have been a good idea here, it was a dull day and they are hopelessly under-exposed. Tour of Britain coming back into Holyrood Park, Edinburgh)

Out near Cockenzie power station... those chimneys coming down at noon, 26 September I believe!

You might be able to see the light leak on a couple of these, can't remember... Edit: no, apparently I picked the ones without the leak!

Last edited:
Silly question but when is the deadline to post pics here? I still have to send mine to be developed and not sure if I'll have enough time... Silly me for waiting to take photos of interesting things (I haven't been out much lately).

Started using the Rollei today (no red filter), and at about the fourth shot I pressed the little button for flash. That all worked fine, but I am annoyed that all subsequent shots now get flash as well. Anyone know how to turn it off? :thinking::banghead:

That problem seems to have cleared overnight, perhaps the capacitor discharged, or something...

Back