weekly Johns 52 Thread for 2015 - Week 8+9 - Relax and Vertical added.

Eggcellent John. Not only is the shot spot on for the theme of Fragile, it is technically very well executed. Well done

This shot really does capture the essence of "Fragile" very well!

Well done on a very good image.

P.s. How many eggs were harmed in the making of this picture?

Yep yep. Very fragile.

The darkness of the shot does make a difference and a bit more light on the subject would benefit in my opinion.

However it's a tough shot to capture and a true "moment", so there's a lot of leeway there. As a fellow egg submitter this week, I think you've done a cracking job.

Egg pun +1

great shot and totally fits the theme. Like someone else said, I wouldn't have a clue how to do this - except would need a good number of eggs to try with! :)

I like that. It doesn't matter to me that the top is dark, the bottom is where the action is. A really nice capture.

Definitely on theme, an inspired shot and something i would never have tried. The edited version is the better of the two and it just need a little background tidy up so that the lighter spots are removed :clap::clap::clap:

On theme and well captured. However something just bugging me a little about the image and just can't put my finger on it..... the subject too centre??? too symmetrical??? not sure? Might even be a slightly more damaged/cracked egg??? Just my thoughts but then again could be all bulls...

But an overall nice shot.

Blimey! I've been smashing eggs half the day and couldn't come up with anything half as good as this.

Great shot of the bouncing egg, 2nd edit is best form me, brilliant idea too
;)

Nice (y) im guessing eggs might feature alot this week and you have set the bar high.
Good work with the tighter crop works better

Eggcellent John. Not only is the shot spot on for the theme of Fragile, it is technically very well executed. Well done

This shot really does capture the essence of "Fragile" very well!

Well done on a very good image.

P.s. How many eggs were harmed in the making of this picture?

Yep yep. Very fragile.

The darkness of the shot does make a difference and a bit more light on the subject would benefit in my opinion.

However it's a tough shot to capture and a true "moment", so there's a lot of leeway there. As a fellow egg submitter this week, I think you've done a cracking job.

Egg pun +1

great shot and totally fits the theme. Like someone else said, I wouldn't have a clue how to do this - except would need a good number of eggs to try with! :)

I like that. It doesn't matter to me that the top is dark, the bottom is where the action is. A really nice capture.

Fragile - that's a cracking shot, and well done for capturing it. I prefer the tighter crop on the image, looking forward to your next shot.

Definitely on theme, an inspired shot and something i would never have tried. The edited version is the better of the two and it just need a little background tidy up so that the lighter spots are removed :clap::clap::clap:

On theme and well captured. However something just bugging me a little about the image and just can't put my finger on it..... the subject too centre??? too symmetrical??? not sure? Might even be a slightly more damaged/cracked egg??? Just my thoughts but then again could be all bulls...

But an overall nice shot.

Blimey! I've been smashing eggs half the day and couldn't come up with anything half as good as this.

Great shot of the bouncing egg, 2nd edit is best form me, brilliant idea too
;)

Nice (y) im guessing eggs might feature alot this week and you have set the bar high.
Good work with the tighter crop works better

Thank you to everybody who took the time to comment, as I've said previous I think the shot was 99% luck. I only used 4 or 5 eggs as the shot was set up before hand using a small ball as a practice item, more to save on mess than anything else.
Many thanks for all stopping by and commenting, I really do appreciate the feedback.

Loved the breaking egg idea for fragile, and you did captured a great moment on the bounce :)

hi
Bliss
lovely colours, reflection and highlighting condensation on bottle, making me thirsty :)

Well here are my submissions for week 3 - scenic. Its a bit of a cop out to be honest as these are photos taken in October last year when we spent a week in the North York Moors. I would have liked to have got out and taken something fresh but as I am off away with work tomorrow I have other things I need to do. Thanks for looking.

Whitby Pano by JSN-Photography, on Flickr

Danby View by JSN-Photography, on Flickr

Hi, we are all allowed a little cop out now and again, Whitby pano is really good but I love the colours in the second image a great sky to

Ah, well, an archive shot, I'm glad you posted it, though. Very well framed, lovely detail and composition.

#2 is very moody and the sky is great. Uber crit would be it's a little close near the rock to the LHS.

Good show and I'm fan of Whitby :)

Cheers.

Panos are always fun but moody, desolate, overcast #2 I love.

Cor, I don't remember Whitby looking that good :eek: We used to visit regularly.....

#2 Love the lead in line of the path past the stone and would like to see a little more space on the LHS of the stone. Great colours (y)

Cor, I don't remember Whitby looking that good :eek: We used to visit regularly.....

#2 Love the lead in line of the path past the stone and would like to see a little more space on the LHS of the stone. Great colours (y)

Whitby is somewhere I visited a lot so know the scene well. I really like your panoramic approach which certainly works especially with the help of the weather conditions on the day. Not from this week then LOL and also not a goth in sight LOL

Hiya John, that's an impressive pano - great take and well sticthed (without looking closely, mind!) I also reckon that'd look fab in high contrast B&W

I also like your second shot and although it looks heavily processed, the effect works for me. I might be inclined to lose a touch of the sky from the top, but the lead-in and rock placement works well.

Two good images!

Hi, we are all allowed a little cop out now and again, Whitby pano is really good but I love the colours in the second image a great sky to

Ah, well, an archive shot, I'm glad you posted it, though. Very well framed, lovely detail and composition.

#2 is very moody and the sky is great. Uber crit would be it's a little close near the rock to the LHS.

Good show and I'm fan of Whitby :)

Cheers.

Hi John, # 2 for me - I love the muted colours and that threatening sky - fantastic

Love the Whitby one John, great place to visit.

Phil

Scenic - two very good I ages for the theme great work.

Panos are always fun but moody, desolate, overcast #2 I love.

Whitby is somewhere I visited a lot so know the scene well. I really like your panoramic approach which certainly works especially with the help of the weather conditions on the day. Not from this week then LOL and also not a goth in sight LOL

Hiya John, that's an impressive pano - great take and well sticthed (without looking closely, mind!) I also reckon that'd look fab in high contrast B&W

I also like your second shot and although it looks heavily processed, the effect works for me. I might be inclined to lose a touch of the sky from the top, but the lead-in and rock placement works well.

Two good images!

Many thanks to everyone who took the time to comment on my two images, I do really appreciate it. I apologise if I haven't commented on yours in a while, as I mentioned I work away offshore so my feedback will be spurious at times.

Well here is my effort for companions, once again an archive image but I don't want to risk falling miles behind, hopefully my shot for this week will be something new. I am not sure I like it looking at it now but its another week down so its staying as is I'm afraid.
Companions by JSN-Photography, on Flickr

The B&W is much better John (y)

Hmmmm, looks a little staged, as if they are stood still and are pretending to walk :thinking: a like close on the right.

However, nice and sharp where needed and I like the conversion.

Cheers.

I like it. Was trying to do something similar but the kids wouldn't playa ball!

HI John

Companions.......B&W looks much better , very sharp with good use of DOF (y)

Companions - nice take, the little fella feels a bit hemmed into the frame, but it works. Would probably lift the shadows a touch to get more detail in the jeans but a good image. Definitely the B&W version rather than the green!

Well here is my image for Watery, I took this on my mobile phone whilst on the boat at work on the way out into the turbine field. I liked the colours of the sunrise through the water droplets on the window.

Watery by JSN-Photography, on Flickr

Back