Just suppose it was intentional, Sirch's 52 for 2017, 52, Weather

It quite a shoehorn if you think about it, but great bird picture...

Blimey, that takes me back to Biology lessons :p Nice capture Chris and great detail too. Shoeheorn, what shoehorn? It's just a bit of lateral thinking is all :D

I would never have got that connection with the theme!

Lovely bird, I've not often seen shots of them.
Thanks Steve, little sods don't sit still, that;s probably why.

Blimey, that takes me back to Biology lessons :p Nice capture Chris and great detail too. Shoeheorn, what shoehorn? It's just a bit of lateral thinking is all :D
Thanks Jill, definitely lateral thinking ;)

Right, that does it.
I need to shoehorn a train into next week's theme, no matter what it is.

It looks nice and sharp on the blue tit at the size I'm viewing it on the forum, though once zoomed in, in flickr, a little less so.
Though, I'm guessing that's a result of iso 8000 at 600mm !!!

Lyrics - I don't know the song so thank you for putting the Lyrics up to help. I think the 2nd picture fits the lyrics best but I like the first picture better
Order - good Shoe horn, and I like the picture good detail especially in the ruffled feathers

Last edited:
Yeah, shoehorn :)

Lovely bird, though.

Chers.
Thanks Andy

Right, that does it.
I need to shoehorn a train into next week's theme, no matter what it is.

It looks nice and sharp on the blue tit at the size I'm viewing it on the forum, though once zoomed in, in flickr, a little less so.
Though, I'm guessing that's a result of iso 8000 at 600mm !!!
Thanks Tim, I think flickr applied a bit of extra sharpening but yeah I was pushing my luck and it's quite a heavy crop.

Lyrics - I don't know the song so thank you for puttin the Lyrics up to help. I think the 2nd picture fits the lyrics best but I like the first picture better
Order - good Shoe horn, and I like the picture good detail especially in the ruffled feathers
Thanks minx

That's really good Chris ... I like that. Quite a mix of lighting and indoors looks very inviting with that lovely warm glow.

That's a lovely, intimate photograph, Chris, the warm light in the chip shop really emphasises the ladies.

I was gonna suggest a crop of the LHS, but rather like the Christmas lights :)

Cheers.

That's a lovely, intimate photograph, Chris, the warm light in the chip shop really emphasises the ladies.

I was gonna suggest a crop of the LHS, but rather like the Christmas lights :)

Cheers.

Yep I like that too, lovely tones, perfectly straight verticals and an overall nice composition :)

Another one who likes it, can`t beat a great chippy in the comfort of warm food :)

Thanks all, I tried a crop on the LHS and even photographed it from the other side but this was better. I was a but surprised to see they still had the Christmas lights up.

Christmas decorations and a chippy, very comforting. I like the contrast of the brightly lit inside against relative darkness outside.

It looks so looks warm and cosy in there Chris, well spotted for the theme. Fish and chips is definitely comfort food ... it makes me fancy eating some

Agreed with the comments above, the warmth of the window is great.
Is the rest a little blue though?

I like that a lot - the Christmas lights hinting at how cold it is outside compared to the warmth of light and food in the cafe. The two ladies are framed perfectly under the decorations too. (y)

:agree: good compo, good detail inside and out.

Christmas decorations and a chippy, very comforting. I like the contrast of the brightly lit inside against relative darkness outside.

Thanks all, @LC2 the white balance looks OK on both my (calibrated) monitors.

Great low light shot Chris, with a nice warm comforting glow coming from inside :)

Nice shot, the warm interior certainly looks more comfortable than outside. I initially thought it might be better with the left hand side cropped but agree with the comments above that it actually wouldn't have worked as well as this.

Nice one Chris, nice mix of lighting there, great use of fish and chips! The people really make the shot,

Nice shot, the warm interior certainly looks more comfortable than outside. I initially thought it might be better with the left hand side cropped but agree with the comments above that it actually wouldn't have worked as well as this.

Thanks guys

Good choice for the theme, we don't have any of this type were we are, which is a pity as they are handsome beasts
I have tried a few time photographing cows but find them to be quite scary

Cannot believe you got to a Highland Cow before me. Every aptly the shot I envisaged taking! Well done, sir.

Beautiful animals - remember spending time with Hamish ... a celebrity in his own right. Nicely taken Chris with the sharp detail and DoF.

Comfort, nice light and colour, and fish & chips are definitely a comfort.
Hairy, very and nicely framed.
Thanks Clive

Good choice for the theme, we don't have any of this type were we are, which is a pity as they are handsome beasts
I have tried a few time photographing cows but find them to be quite scary
Thanks Allan, these are fairly used to people as the are on an area of National Trust land and they are nowhere near as big as milk cows

Cannot believe you got to a Highland Cow before me. Every aptly the shot I envisaged taking! Well done, sir.
Sorry Ian but looking forward to yours, I hope the weather and cows are more obliging.

Beautiful animals - remember spending time with Hamish ... a celebrity in his own right. Nicely taken Chris with the sharp detail and DoF.
Thanks Carl, they are hansome beasts

Love the composition of this one as well as the beautiful tone. Looks like your perseverance paid off - well done!

Back