LC2's Many Many Fine Shoehorns in 2017 :Week 52 - Weather ** COMPLETED **

Nice hint of window frame, more obviously festive than #1 and still includes a railway carriage :clap:

Interesting that you can squeeze a train into festive pic :D ... and I've just spotted your first festive pic... The second one definitely more on theme unless you know the background. It seems there is a lot to learn about trains in your thread!

Reactions: LC2
At least you got a festive tree in Tim, only a nit-pic, maybe clone out the green box under the tree :)
Maybe, but dunno what I'd put there in it's place.

Well done to you for a Festive theme with a train in it. Nice sharp focus on the main subject and oof background.
Cheers Stan. You'd all be surprised if I hadn't found a way to shoe-horn in a train though eh?

Nice hint of window frame, more obviously festive than #1 and still includes a railway carriage :clap:
Thanks Chris. I do like the hint of the window frame, it gives an edge to the shot.

Interesting that you can squeeze a train into festive pic :D ... and I've just spotted your first festive pic... The second one definitely more on theme unless you know the background. It seems there is a lot to learn about trains in your thread!
I can generally squeeze a train shot into most themes :)
The second shot was the one I wanted, the first was just a bit of fun really. Trying to see how un-festive I could make the festive shot.

Well done for finishing, :banana: I like to think the tree has fallen on a train there must be one there somewhere :thinking:

Tree, train, there' only a few letters in it :). Good way of illustrating the theme

Good stuff Tim.

Liking the xmas tree with the characterful old train oof in the BG.

Hi Tim
Rustic - love the shot and the kind of back story - the edit creates more issues than it solves for me tho...
Festive - the bauble is ok, and typical you, so nowt wrong there - the seond shot is much better tho....
Weather - a nice shot of a side effect, so well spotted

Well done for finishing, :banana: I like to think the tree has fallen on a train there must be one there somewhere :thinking:
Haha. Odd that you say that, we had a tree down on our heritage line on the 27th, delaying the first train of the day.

I thought you might of had a train in the rain shot :D Well done on finishing :)
They're not *ALL* train shouts you know @Dave70D (just most) :)

Tree, train, there' only a few letters in it :). Good way of illustrating the theme
Just for you, here's a train shot illustrating that we did have *some* sun

Standard 4 Shadow
by Tim White, on Flickr

I was sat in the cab taking that shot.

Good stuff Tim.

Liking the xmas tree with the characterful old train oof in the BG.
I have to say that that is my favourite posted image since week 47

Hi Tim
Rustic - love the shot and the kind of back story - the edit creates more issues than it solves for me tho...
Festive - the bauble is ok, and typical you, so nowt wrong there - the seond shot is much better tho....
Weather - a nice shot of a side effect, so well spotted
Cheers Mark. I'm interested to know what issues the re-eidt of Rustic raises for you (so I can learn / Improve)

Illustrates the theme well tim, highlights a bit bright top left. Well done on finishing, See you in the 2018 threads.
Agreed, the sky was horrible and well, I kind of just ignored it. I guess I could have stuck a grad filter over it in pp, but the only real editing I did was to try to boost the saturation of the fallen tree, while desaturating the rest a little, to try to separate it from the background.

My catch-up comments for the last 3 weeks of 2017 (hoping to be quicker in 2018)

Wk 50 - Rustic - The cat and wall do look rustic. Careful composition manages to hide urban background

Wk 51 - Festive - Round our way #1 would be a 'Bus Replacement Service" and #2 is much more the thing.

Wk 52 - Weather - I expect there will be a few more of those after today. Tree roots always have some interesting shapes in them. If it were not for the theme a closer shot would be good to lose the background.

That`s a nice grass shot, but you have a horrible sort of shadow :D:p

My catch-up comments for the last 3 weeks of 2017 (hoping to be quicker in 2018)

Wk 50 - Rustic - The cat and wall do look rustic. Careful composition manages to hide urban background

Wk 51 - Festive - Round our way #1 would be a 'Bus Replacement Service" and #2 is much more the thing.

Wk 52 - Weather - I expect there will be a few more of those after today. Tree roots always have some interesting shapes in them. If it were not for the theme a closer shot would be good to lose the background.
Cheers David. Rustic was just a PABD, but I did make the effort to hide the transit :) Festive #2 was the real one, and Weather, yes I think more of a close up might be a better picture, but as you say, it had to work for the theme.

Cheers for the comments.

Back