Let's see your graffiti and street art shots

Now, this one is pure graffiti. There used to be two life-sized plastic figures embedded in the wall, one of which can still be seen to the left of the two women. One could argue that this was a work of street art, but the remaining figure has been disfigured by graffiti tags.

Corner of Buxton Street
by Garry Knight, on Flickr

Yay Leeds - I'm there with camera on Friday (hopefully) - though I like to restrict myself to a lens, and my next challenge is just my 70-200 at f4 :)

If you were about I'd say join me for a pint - in a few months lol

Dave

Dock area is very photogenic if you haven't been before. The Calls and Brewery Wharf a mere spit away. Tons of bars too....shame they'll all be shut! Enjoy.

Very nice photo Garry. That's one of the places I listed to visit one day. I believe the graffiti changes quite regularly with artists continually updating it.

Thanks, Lee. Some pieces of artwork, like the 'pilot' lady just below and behind the lamp in this photo, last for quite a while. Some excellent pieces get tagged very quickly, leading me to believe that the taggers might be jealous. It's worth going there maybe once a month or every couple of months, to see what's changed.

Worgle, Austria: "I finally know what makes humans different from animals - Worrying about money!"...

Money worries sign in Worgle R1_02357.JPG

Not sure about the likeness though, :)

I know.

Looks like his older, fatter brother.

I thought that they'd had to put "This is Raheem Sterling" on it, because otherwise you'd think it was a random guy. A bit like when impressionists come on and say "hiya, it's [celeb name] here" because their impression is so bad you'd not get it otherwise.

But it's part of a campaign.E5294DA2-979A-42E3-99AB-DF976CDCA38B.jpeg

Last edited:
Back