weekly Mandy's 2018 TP 52 Challenge, Week 26 Elegant added

Wet, the river's near overflowing! Nice scene. nicely composed.

Wet is nicely on theme Mandy, like the old flint homes with the water flowing past it, good moody ish sky to finish off a good shot.

Lovely detail Mandy and nicely on theme.

Walter

That's a lovely scene for Wet, Mandy, nicely composed and you can tell just how wet it has been by the height of the water under the bridge (y)

Wet, the river's near overflowing! Nice scene. nicely composed.

Thank you so much for the lovely comments.

Hi Mandy,

Heavy - Having never been there, those stones are burned into my subconscious having watched "The children of the stones" back in the 70s.
There is something foreboding about those things and the grey sky helps bring it out (even now).
Wet - Nice bit of landscape for the theme and even some better skies which helps.

Got my week 12 theme taken and processed just in the nick of time, I wasn't inspired by this theme and due to other commitments I wasn't able to go out and do a reshoot of one of the previous themes. So I came out of my comfort zone a bit and had a go at this theme.
So here is what juxtaposition means, the juxtaposition of two contrasting objects, images, or ideas is the fact that they are placed together or described together, so that the differences between them are emphasized.
So my take on the theme is a healthy apple which is good for us, and a pile of cookies which is not good for us. I tried my best with this theme, not at all sure if I could of done better, I feel its a bit of a PABD.

Juxtaposition

Juxtaposition by Mandy Miles, on Flickr

Mandy

mmm, I suggled this week as well, it's a good record shot of an apple and a pile of cookies, they are in focus, but to me they could do with a bit more contrast. Also the shadows on the apple appear strange, being on both sides.

Pete

Wet is a lovely scenery, lots to see and well composed! I also like the moody light!

Juxtaposition works great, nice not too shallow DoF make the apple and the stack of biscuits pop out!

Nice juxtaposition Mandy. Which did you eat first?:D Nice DOF, they stand out well from the BG

Hi Mandy
Both your Heavy and Wet shots are fine for the theme, but suffer the smae issues we all have of late - horrible grey skies! Such a shame as the rock would be great with a blue sky behind it.....

Wet - Wet it has been, good on you for getting out. Like the composition and has plenty of detail.
Juxtaposition - I get it. Nice and simple. Now if only you had resisted the temptation of your Abundance props you might have had sweeties instead of cookies. :angelic:

Hi Mandy,
I guess from the shadows that this was an OnCF shot with the camera very close. Bang on theme.
I think the flickr view is somehow stronger. Maybe the black border?
Ref the shadow. if you don't want to go OffCF, maybe something to defuse the light a bit to soften the shadows more? (or maybe I don't know what I'm talking about as I try to use natural light as much as possible).

Mandy

mmm, I suggled this week as well, it's a good record shot of an apple and a pile of cookies, they are in focus, but to me they could do with a bit more contrast. Also the shadows on the apple appear strange, being on both sides.

Pete

Yes I had only noticed that about the shadows after I had posted the image.

Wet is a lovely scenery, lots to see and well composed! I also like the moody light!

Juxtaposition works great, nice not too shallow DoF make the apple and the stack of biscuits pop out!

I am pleased that you like both my images, thanks for dropping by.

Nice juxtaposition Mandy. Which did you eat first?:D Nice DOF, they stand out well from the BG

I ate the cookies first and stuck the apple in my nutribullet, thanks for dropping by.

A tricky theme, but you nailed it Mandy. As the shadows are faint imo I am not fussed as my view goes straight to the apple and cookies, good lighting and focus, you can have the apple but I`ll have the cookies :)

Thanks for dropping by, sorry to say I had to eat the cookies and very nice they were as well. Thanks as always for dropping by and commenting.

Hi Mandy
Both your Heavy and Wet shots are fine for the theme, but suffer the same issues we all have of late - horrible grey skies! Such a shame as the rock would be great with a blue sky behind it.....

Thanks for the comments and for taking the time to look.

Wet - Wet it has been, good on you for getting out. Like the composition and has plenty of detail.
Juxtaposition - I get it. Nice and simple. Now if only you had resisted the temptation of your Abundance props you might have had sweeties instead of cookies. :angelic:

Your not wrong, I could have kept some of the sweeties to use for the image, thanks for dropping by (y).

Juxtaposition is on topic. Well done. I think may be the Apple could be a bit more vibrant with colour to give a better contrast to the cookies.

I think your right I think a bit of a colour boost on the apple would work, thanks for the feedback.

Wet
A nice looking scene and wet.

Thanks for dropping by.

Hi Mandy,
I guess from the shadows that this was an OnCF shot with the camera very close. Bang on theme.
I think the flickr view is somehow stronger. Maybe the black border?
Ref the shadow. if you don't want to go OffCF, maybe something to defuse the light a bit to soften the shadows more? (or maybe I don't know what I'm talking about as I try to use natural light as much as possible).

It could be the black border, I did try to bounce the flashgun off different areas. Nothing seemed to turn out how I wanted, and time was running away with me at the time.

no flashgun used for this image only natural available light coming through my kitchen window
Chuckle. Nothing wrong with experimenting with flash as part of the 52, every day is a school day. Well, expect holidays... Holidays are holidays ;)
Anyway... A nice collection of ovum there, they stand out well against the background and have plenty of vibrant colour.

A good selection of tasty looking ovals there Mandy, they stand out well against the background

two good tabletop shots. (n) ... something rather nice about the pile of cookies next to an apple.

Oval works really well IMHO, the natural light is exactly what it needs, the background is neutral and pleasantly out-of-focus, the hint of reflection at the bottom grounds it nicely, it is colourful, topical and nicely on theme. Well Done!

Juxtaposition: like this, you made them cookies delicious looking.
Oval: another great capture on theme.

Walter

Great shot for oval, seasonal and right on theme. Natural light works well and good composition!

Very seasonal shot for a seasonal theme! Natural lighting works well with this, and the background too.

Hi Mandy catching up on my comments

Wet - Lovely image perfect for the theme some lovely details in there

Juxtaposition - A great image for the theme nicely set up just the right amount of space between and around the apple and cookies.

Oval - Nice colourful image perfect for the theme.

Mandy

Nice simple shot, well on theme. The foil coming adrift at the top of the big egg could have been smoothed down.

Pete

Chuckle. Nothing wrong with experimenting with flash as part of the 52, every day is a school day. Well, expect holidays... Holidays are holidays ;)
Anyway... A nice collection of ovum there, they stand out well against the background and have plenty of vibrant colour.

A good selection of tasty looking ovals there Mandy, they stand out well against the background

two good tabletop shots. (n) ... something rather nice about the pile of cookies next to an apple.

Oval works really well IMHO, the natural light is exactly what it needs, the background is neutral and pleasantly out-of-focus, the hint of reflection at the bottom grounds it nicely, it is colourful, topical and nicely on theme. Well Done!

Juxtaposition: like this, you made them cookies delicious looking.
Oval: another great capture on theme.

Walter

Great shot for oval, seasonal and right on theme. Natural light works well and good composition!

Very seasonal shot for a seasonal theme! Natural lighting works well with this, and the background too.

Juxtaposition; an interesting idea and good take on the theme. You have done well with available equipment and hope you enjoy them all afterwards? :)

Oval; very apt for the time of the year. :) I'm not into Easter chocolate egg at all.

Mandy

Nice simple shot, well on theme. The foil coming adrift at the top of the big egg could have been smoothed down.

Pete

Thanks all for taking the time to look and comment, much appreciated. I agree with you Pete I could of smoothed down the foil at the top, small schoolgirl error.

Oval

Yum, yum
It's nice that you've added the eggs around the bottom.

Wet - Lovely old building looks like it is about to get wetter.
Juxtaposition - I like the idea, but fell it could do with a bit of boost in the colour
Oval - egg-cellent choice for the theme.

Oval

Yum, yum
It's nice that you've added the eggs around the bottom.

Wet - Lovely old building looks like it is about to get wetter.
Juxtaposition - I like the idea, but fell it could do with a bit of boost in the colour
Oval - egg-cellent choice for the theme.

Oval, looks really good Mandy, I like the background, and the natural light works well with the shiny paper.

Thanks for stopping by.

Well time is flying by and were now onto week 14, I am feeling happy got my motorbike back on the road and my cbt renewed for another 2 years. As soon as I did that I ended up with the wet cold weather again :punch:, I had a different idea for this theme but time and weather is against me. So this is short and sweet from me and it includes one of my hobbies, even if the image itself hasn't turned out the way i wanted.

" Straight " guitar strings

Straight by Mandy Miles, on Flickr

Hi Mandy, Nice POV and like the background too. It's not showing up in the 52s images thread at the moment:confused: though this linky is working.

Hi Mandy, I've been quite behind too especially with commenting. Have some time this weekend so hope to catch up :)

Heavy - Shame about the day again. Looks like an interesting place to go. Certainly heavy and I think it looks like a hand, not sure if its meant to or if thats just the way its worn
Wet - Lovely shot very chocolate box image but that water is worryingly high!
Juxtaposition - I like this the colours all work well together and spot on for the theme
Oval - Lots of ovals and all edible :) Nice a bright and a good neutral bg makes the eggs stand out well.
Straight - Good pov and dof. Lovely wood of the guitar but I'm not keen on the bg on this one, for me the stitching is a bit of a distraction

:D

Hi Mandy, I've been quite behind too especially with commenting. Have some time this weekend so hope to catch up :)

Heavy - Shame about the day again. Looks like an interesting place to go. Certainly heavy and I think it looks like a hand, not sure if its meant to or if thats just the way its worn
Wet - Lovely shot very chocolate box image but that water is worryingly high!
Juxtaposition - I like this the colours all work well together and spot on for the theme
Oval - Lots of ovals and all edible :) Nice a bright and a good neutral bg makes the eggs stand out well.
Straight - Good pov and dof. Lovely wood of the guitar but I'm not keen on the bg on this one, for me the stitching is a bit of a distraction

:D

Thanks for the comment catch up, I agree with you on the BG for straight. The BG is my lovely comfortable memory foam mattress and it wasn’t what I wanted. Sadly though with the rain I wasn’t able to shoot the image I wanted outside.

Nice shot for straight Mandy, I thought of doing something similar but decided on something else that I'm still trying to get a shot of.

Thats very Mandy, Guitars are tricky at best, and that angle works a treat for the theme.....Lovely top too - walnut ? What brand, I dont immediatly recognise it.....

Back