weekly mdpF2's 52 2019

Lovely image for free week, really encapsulates Autumn, really nice warm tones.

Lovely colours and composition

Snappers choice
Well I think you achieved what you set it to do.

I like it a good choice and very well composed really does say autumn to me

Ooooh conkers! Nice shot! I'd have used three so there's a middle - but you nailed that concept with 2!

Hi Mark,

Empty - Simple and effective. I like.
Building - Another nice mono shot. I like the bit of interest in the sky too.
Soft - I like the treatment that you have used on this. I wonder if a square crop of the top would work?
Old - Both are great for me. Cracking shots.
Flower - Nice shot and the film gives it a certain something which I love.
Dull - A clever shot. Such a contrast between the sky and berries.
Snappers choice - Perfect autumnal shot. Very nice :)

I think you did a good job of the Autumn free week shot, great colours go together very well.
Lovely image for free week, really encapsulates Autumn, really nice warm tones.
Lovely colours and composition
Snappers choice
Well I think you achieved what you set it to do.
Certainly says Autumn to me. I like the composition and the range of tones from black to almost white.
I like it a good choice and very well composed really does say autumn to me
That's a fantastic image Mark!:clap:
Perfect for invoking that autumnal feeling!
Superb!
Ooooh conkers! Nice shot! I'd have used three so there's a middle - but you nailed that concept with 2!
Hi Mark,

Empty - Simple and effective. I like.
Building - Another nice mono shot. I like the bit of interest in the sky too.
Soft - I like the treatment that you have used on this. I wonder if a square crop of the top would work?
Old - Both are great for me. Cracking shots.
Flower - Nice shot and the film gives it a certain something which I love.
Dull - A clever shot. Such a contrast between the sky and berries.
Snappers choice - Perfect autumnal shot. Very nice :)
Many thanks for the feedback, & apologies for my poor feedback!

Cop out or not, it's a lovely image. great use of backlight and some good detail in there.

Cop out or not, it's a lovely image. great use of backlight and some good detail in there.
That is a beautifully taken image Mark, love the lighting coming through the golden leaf.
Nice bokeh, crisp, well lit and bang on theme. Can't complain really can we :)
The leaf is very well handled with the light behind it. So, great shot for NEAR IMO.
On theme or not its a great image, nice contrasting colours and perfectly lit.
Many thanks for the feedback..

Week 42 Song - Everybody Wants To Rule The World - Tears For Fears

Tried to do this one on film, but messed up the first half of the role loading it into the developing tank, so was left with this one which was with an extension tube & tightly framed. If I get time I'll have another go at it with digital, but not as tightly framed.

ETRSi002b.jpg

I like it :)

Hi Mark

Nice shoehorn for the title. Not sure If I like the extreme lack of DOF for this image. I'm sure the shots that got messed up with the developing tank would have benn excellant, not that we will ever know.:)

Pete

Hi Mark,
Near is a very nice shot. Beautiful back light.
Good take on the theme for song although it took me a while to work out as the numerals on the rule are quite dark.

Song
Really like the concept, it goes well for the theme. If I've got one niggle, it's that the ruler is a tad dark (it could be because I'm viewing on my phone though).

Near: nice colours and selection of aperture for dof
Song: clever. I do think the ruler isn't obviously a ruler though, but the idea comes over well

I like it :)
Very nice and clever take on song, good blast from the past too.
Two cracking images there Mark!

Near: Superb! Lovely colours and the back light is terrific, very nicely done indeed!
Song: Very clever interpretation, and a fine choice of song too. Works well as a mono, lots of great, macro-ey goodness!!(y)
Love the strength of the tones you've captured, and a clever take on the song title.
I like your idea, Mark, clever thinking but it just doesn't quite work for me, sorry. Personally, I would use a world map as a background with the rule on it.
Hi Mark

Nice shoehorn for the title. Not sure If I like the extreme lack of DOF for this image. I'm sure the shots that got messed up with the developing tank would have benn excellant, not that we will ever know.:)

Pete
Hi Mark,
Near is a very nice shot. Beautiful back light.
Good take on the theme for song although it took me a while to work out as the numerals on the rule are quite dark.
Song
Really like the concept, it goes well for the theme. If I've got one niggle, it's that the ruler is a tad dark (it could be because I'm viewing on my phone though).
Near: nice colours and selection of aperture for dof
Song: clever. I do think the ruler isn't obviously a ruler though, but the idea comes over well
Many thanks for the feedback - point taken on the ruler not being clear enough etc...

Yep - I like that :)

I like the thinking for Borrowed, and nice dog. Also Spooky works very well for me

Back