weekly mdpF2's 52 for 2020

Choice
I really like the low pov and the angle of the light hitting the back half of the car, leaving the front end falling into shade.

Texture
Good light showing off all of those lovely textures.

Yep that works Mark, and so does the processing (y)
Pooch pong assessment aparatus - love it :)
That's a really clever shot for texture - nicely taken.
That's a great close up, caught the texture really well and works well in B&W like that.
Glad you said what it was, a good close up of the dogs nose.
Great textures!
Tiny and Textures are both fantastic images, really nicely done.
Love your dog's nose. Reminds me of our old labrador :)

Tiny - Nice composition and processing.

Snapper's Choice - lovely shot. The depth of field and lighting work really well.
Choice
I really like the low pov and the angle of the light hitting the back half of the car, leaving the front end falling into shade.

Texture
Good light showing off all of those lovely textures.
Very nice close-up and great processing.
Great detail of the nose!
Great pooch nose detail, shows the nose texture really well.
Amazing detail yet still recognisable. Lovely shot.
Hi Mark,
Great idea for Texture, well captured.

Pete
Many thanks for the feedback, much appreciated..

The website has unfortunately softened the infocus part significantly..

The lighting is nice in this, picking out the detail in the skin and the soil. What a useful activity - I hope there are more to come :)

As I have said before, when the importers/official stockists end the apparent price-fixing that they all seem to indulge in, many more people will return to buying from the official outlets. At the moment there is little or no price competition .
The lighting is nice in this, picking out the detail in the skin and the soil. What a useful activity - I hope there are more to come :)
Nice shot with a nice back story Mark.
Well taken and good angle. Looks great in B&W.
Hi Mark

Nice close up of a rocking horse, suites B&W well.

Pete

Many thanks for the feedback

Nice mono with an abstract feel :)

Lovely composition and nicely processed - makes a striking image.

Artificial
You mean it's not a really pony ;)
I like the black and white and pov

Like your rocking horse shot, the lighting is very well controlled giving just enough definition in the shadows. Works great in mono.

The berries look great in mono.. the soft lighting really makes it.

Nice conversion on the berries and I do like the rocking horse picture

Artificial - a nice take on the theme and looks good in mono, lovely detail too.
Autumn - really nice composition, but I'd like to see it in colour rather than mono.

Like your rocking horse shot, the lighting is very well controlled giving just enough definition in the shadows. Works great in mono.
The berries look great in mono.. the soft lighting really makes it.
I like the dark tones to the berries in your autumn image.
Nice conversion on the berries and I do like the rocking horse picture
Artificial - a nice take on the theme and looks good in mono, lovely detail too.
Autumn - really nice composition, but I'd like to see it in colour rather than mono.

Many thanks for the feedback

Week 40 - Wet. I probably should have used a flash or some lighting to to give this a lift..

DSCF0023a.jpg

Don’t think it needs flash the very sharp water drop catches the eye straight away it’s a nice image as it is

That's a lovely mono as it is :)

Lovely collection of B&W shots - stand out for me is your last water drop - really really nice. I hope the onion met a suitable end - French Onion soup or something similar to celebrate a first! The softness the website has added doesn't bother me too much - it suits the subject nicely.

Your artificial pony and berries shots are both very nice as well - I like the tight composition on both of them.

I agree with everyone else, great shot as is.

Agree with all the above.. the darker background highlights the water droplet and focuses the eye on the subject.

Hi Mark,

Autumn - The range of light and dark give the photo impact. I was going to ask if it was artificially lit, but spotted you said it was low sunlight. (y)
Wet - muted, except for the water droplet. Was that done in editing, or sooc like that?

Autumn - Nice composition and lighting but I think it would be better in colour with the (presumably) red berries contrasting green foliage.
Wet - works really well with the sharp contrast of the water drop.

Wet - muted, except for the water droplet. Was that done in editing, or sooc like that?
Hi, it was half done in camera (Fuji Acros sim) & finished off in Affinity Photo...
Thanks

Don’t think it needs flash the very sharp water drop catches the eye straight away it’s a nice image as it is
It's an excellent shot as-is and no need for anything else.
That's a lovely mono as it is :)
Lovely collection of B&W shots - stand out for me is your last water drop - really really nice. I hope the onion met a suitable end - French Onion soup or something similar to celebrate a first! The softness the website has added doesn't bother me too much - it suits the subject nicely.

Your artificial pony and berries shots are both very nice as well - I like the tight composition on both of them.
I agree with everyone else, great shot as is.
Agree with all the above.. the darker background highlights the water droplet and focuses the eye on the subject.
Works for me with that drop as the focus.
Hi Mark,

Autumn - The range of light and dark give the photo impact. I was going to ask if it was artificially lit, but spotted you said it was low sunlight. (y)
Autumn - Nice composition and lighting but I think it would be better in colour with the (presumably) red berries contrasting green foliage.
Wet - works really well with the sharp contrast of the water drop.
Many thanks for the feedback..

Back