weekly My 52 2017 ... week 9, NUMBERS added

Very good interpretation for the theme Paul. Lovely colour and excellent POV.

Hi Paul

A real nice start to your 52, a nice strong black background, although the boots look like they are floating... but super colour of the boots and very pleasing lighting too, like it :)

Thank you. Now you mention it, they do look like they`re floating (I hadn`t noticed).

Very good interpretation for the theme Paul. Lovely colour and excellent POV.

Thanks Carl. New boots help with the colour ;) My old ones are knackered.

Good song by Nancy, and a very good shot and take. Like the black background as it makes the boots stand out nice and sharp.

Thanks David :)

Like the lighting and colours, they look so fresh I wanna walk in then myself! Bang on the theme!

Thanks Rav (y) They are pretty fresh (from santa) ;)

Nicely done. I like the strong clean black background whilst lighting the boots.

Oh, unless I'm mistaken, there is no link to your thread from the main picture thread.

Thanks Tim. I`m crap at linking stuff, but will attempt to add some sort of thread link ;)

Hi Paul, I love this one, fabulous colour and detail against that black background, Ithink it would take a crop, especially at the bottom, it might help them not to look so floaty. Looking forward to following your 52's

Hey Susie, thank you :) The square crop made it a tad tricky to lose much more on the bottom. I am also rather OCD on my cropping, so it`s one of three formats ;)

Great boots! New? though the tongues look worn; and sooooo clean? How did you get that floating look/POV? There doesn't appear to be any support.

Great shot, they are really for walking, mine have always got a splattering of mud on them. (y)

Great boots! New? though the tongues look worn; and sooooo clean? How did you get that floating look/POV? There doesn't appear to be any support.

Thanks John :) Yeah they`re Christmas new haha (Oiled leather) I used black mount board for the base and BG ;)

Great shot, they are really for walking, mine have always got a splattering of mud on them. (y)

Thanks Shirley (y) They`re way too new for any mud :D

Last edited:
Good photo, apart from the one critique that the boots look as if there were floating. Nice sharpness and colours, well chosen PoV and of course right on theme.

Good photo, apart from the one critique that the boots look as if there were floating. Nice sharpness and colours, well chosen PoV and of course right on theme.

Thank you Bernd :)

Hi, nice start. Floating has been mentioned and I'd prefer the light from the flash not to be too harsh, but some nice colours on the boots.

Cheers.

Thanks Andy (y)
The "floating" thing has started to bug me a little now, but hopefully the next one will be better ;)

Nice pair of boots, not done too much walking in them yet...:) nice tones, a little hot on the toe ends and as already mentioned multiple times they need grounding. Good start.

Nice pair of boots, not done too much walking in them yet...:) nice tones, a little hot on the toe ends and as already mentioned multiple times they need grounding. Good start.

Thank you
No not had much walking in them yet lol ;)

I agree that a hint of shadow might have grounded them, but the colours are lovely and rich against the black :)

Thanks Emma :)

Hello and welcome along to the challenge, good luck with your challenge. It looks like your off to a great start with your challenge with this corker of an image processing is spot on, a good clean dark background, something I always struggle to achieve. I look forward to seeing what else you produce throughout the challenge.

Hello and welcome along to the challenge, good luck with your challenge. It looks like your off to a great start with your challenge with this corker of an image processing is spot on, a good clean dark background, something I always struggle to achieve. I look forward to seeing what else you produce throughout the challenge.

Thank you Mandy :)

Can't add any more than has been said already. A good start to your 52, Paulie. Love a good pair of boots, too! Worse than my wife when it comes to shoe shopping [emoji1]

Can't add any more than has been said already. A good start to your 52, Paulie. Love a good pair of boots, too! Worse than my wife when it comes to shoe shopping [emoji1]

Haha thanks, Ian :)

Good start to your 52. Nothing really to add to previous comments but I like the POV and the colours against the black.

Thanks Steve (y)

nice sharp clean pic of boots, the floaty thing has been mentioned, but the tones in the colour just superb

nice sharp clean pic of boots, the floaty thing has been mentioned, but the tones in the colour just superb
Great choice of song and subject, Paul, and I do like the textures and warm colours of the boots against the black background. You're off to a great start!

Thank you both :D

Hi Paul been a while ... floaty thing is mentioned but it caught my eye... but overall I love the lighting bringing out the colour of the leather

Hi Paul been a while ... floaty thing is mentioned but it caught my eye... but overall I love the lighting bringing out the colour of the leather

Yup it sure has ;) Thought I`d give it a go this year as I need to get motivated .. Thanks mate :)

I really like the lighting of this shot, nice idea too

Thanks, Mark (y)

Back