weekly My 52 2017 ... week 9, NUMBERS added

Mineral - Agree with the comments that you get no sense of size, which is interesting in itself.
Whole - Not really sure what to make of that, as you say it's not the most interesting of shots. That said, you've certainly captured the detail.

May need to straighten the verticals but other than that it's spot on theme Paul. Good b&w and sharp too. (Not sure I'd be able to be anywhere near the floor to ceiling glazing in a high-rise)

Last edited:
May need to straighten the verticals but other than that it's spot on theme Paul. Good b&w and sharp too. (Not sure I'd be able to being anywhere near floor to ceiling glazing in a high-rise)

Thanks Carl
I did try messing with the LHS verticals, but it didn`t quite look right to me. The actual building was stepping away from me too, which probably added to the lines converging. RHS is vertical though ;)

EDIT @Carl Ayling Had another got at the verticals in a different way :)

Last edited:
I actually quite like the bright bit on the right, but I don't think the left quarter or so adds anything.

I actually quite like the bright bit on the right, but I don't think the left quarter or so adds anything.

Thanks Bernd
I was looking for a ZigZag in the building, hence keeping it in :)

Kinda works for me in an abstract way being B&W and the emptiness RHS.

EDIT ... just looked on flickr and there is no empty space RHS (where I thought you'd cloned something out!) it's just webpage.

Last edited:
Thanks all (y)

I like Structure just the way it is. The zigzag effect really works, the lighting is good and I'm enjoying having a nose around the offices :p

I like Structure just the way it is. The zigzag effect really works, the lighting is good and I'm enjoying having a nose around the offices :p

Thank you :)
It was the zigzag that caught my eye to start with ...

really like this. i love how the symmetry is broken up with all the clutter in each different window. its as if each separate window is telling its own story. the B&W conversion just adds character to the monotony of a modern tower block, well done.

Structure:
Cor, that hurts the eyes!
I ran a straight line up against the verticals and can see they are, but blimey, they don't look it. Maybe I need new glasses!
Bang on theme and top marks for capturing an image that is quite disturbing.

Routine:
That looks like some of the locks we have on the train loos. Do you have that at home?
It didn't need to be f/1.6 and 800 iso though. The focal plane seems slightly off to me, and giving yourself a smaller aperture would have made it less obvious. Plonking it on a tripod would have let you go smaller and lower iso (not that there is much evidence of noice in the sharply in focus parts).

Structure . I really like the composition and the B&W conversion some great details in there too.

Routine - This made me smile

Structure:
Cor, that hurts the eyes!
I ran a straight line up against the verticals and can see they are, but blimey, they don't look it. Maybe I need new glasses!
Bang on theme and top marks for capturing an image that is quite disturbing.

Routine:
That looks like some of the locks we have on the train loos. Do you have that at home?
It didn't need to be f/1.6 and 800 iso though. The focal plane seems slightly off to me, and giving yourself a smaller aperture would have made it less obvious. Plonking it on a tripod would have let you go smaller and lower iso (not that there is much evidence of noice in the sharply in focus parts).

Thanks Tim
It is a bit of a brain messer for sure ;)

Haha yes it`s my toilet door. Maybe it did come from a train, I have no idea, but like it :)

Structure . I really like the composition and the B&W conversion some great details in there too.

Routine - This made me smile

Thanks Mark (y)

Structure - on theme. maybe the image needs a little straighten but at the same time, the zig zags do something for the image too
Routine - made me smile :) sounds silly but I realy like the detail on the screws. also nice sharp letters top and bottom. central mechanism seems a little smudged though, i'm getting it's a DoF thing

Ain't that always the case.

Nice close composition and POV. Gritty B&W would also work.

Cheers.
Structure - on theme. maybe the image needs a little straighten but at the same time, the zig zags do something for the image too
Routine - made me smile :) sounds silly but I realy like the detail on the screws. also nice sharp letters top and bottom. central mechanism seems a little smudged though, i'm getting it's a DoF thing
this is my favourite so far this week. brilliant, simple, effective and perfect for the theme. gold star. :)

Thanks chaps (y)

Not sure if a single person somewhere at a window staring out might add to what is a great shot, B&W, framing, angle.

Engaged lol, everyone's routine although I like to save mine for work and get paid for it.

(y)

Last edited:
Not sure if a single person somewhere at a window staring out might add to what is a great shot, B&W, framing, angle.

Engaged lol, everyone's routine although I like to save mine for work and get paid for it.

(y)

Haha never thought of getting pain for it ;) Thank you.

:) a great fun shot ...I really like the fact its an old fashioned lock ...perfect for the theme.

Thanks Susie

Haha - perfect for the theme. I like the tones of wood and brass and the detail in the scratched metalwork. There does seem to be quite a bit of noise at the centre though?

Thanks Emma. I think it might be just a DoF thing in the centre.

Back