weekly -Oy-'s weekly 52 theme thingie for 2020 : Week 52 : Decorated (COMPLETE)

That's a beauty. Nice warm sky colour with some end-of-day sun rays for bonus. I love the wave patterns lapping the shore.

Cheers Stan - a few from last night's set are going on the wall :)

Reactions: rpn
Artificial

I'm liking the shadows cast on the table by the artificial light and the nice clean background.

Autumn

Lovely sunset and the right composition.

Artificial

I'm liking the shadows cast on the table by the artificial light and the nice clean background.

Autumn

Lovely sunset and the right composition.

Many thanks Dominic :)

Just catching up on giving feedback

Patterns
Great image, well captured, the train looks like it has just been through the wash! Liking the repeating shadows in the arches

Camouflage
Great job with the blending, just the right amount of "fear" getting instilled!!

Tiny
Well framed, certainly fits the theme

Snappers Choice
All the elements came together at the right time, was it cropped to get the train across the middle or did you just frame it right in camera?

Textures
Lots of variations in this well handled image. Tried to work out the silver element on the block but can't fathom it.

Activity
Well positioned image, are all the other cars parked from others waiting for the train?

Artificial
Nice light on the left-hand side, was there some "tweaking" done to the flowers for the layout, or were they naturally presented like that

Autumn
This is a great image, with the weather helping to play it's part. How long did you have to capture the scene like this?

Just catching up on giving feedback

Patterns
Great image, well captured, the train looks like it has just been through the wash! Liking the repeating shadows in the arches

Camouflage
Great job with the blending, just the right amount of "fear" getting instilled!!

Tiny
Well framed, certainly fits the theme

Snappers Choice
All the elements came together at the right time, was it cropped to get the train across the middle or did you just frame it right in camera?

Textures
Lots of variations in this well handled image. Tried to work out the silver element on the block but can't fathom it.

Activity
Well positioned image, are all the other cars parked from others waiting for the train?

Artificial
Nice light on the left-hand side, was there some "tweaking" done to the flowers for the layout, or were they naturally presented like that

Autumn
This is a great image, with the weather helping to play it's part. How long did you have to capture the scene like this?

Thanks for those Stuart.

The Lighhouse - for that shot - with the tide coming in fast and the sun dropping fast - less than a minute. I did get other shots though :)

Gorgeous shot there Dave. You've obviously had better weather up norf than we've had here. Lovely lead in lines.

Gorgeous shot there Dave. You've obviously had better weather up norf than we've had here. Lovely lead in lines.

Thanks Helen. Weather has been very hit and miss so it was ncie to get a hit :)

Week 40 : Wet

I figured that after all that rain yesterday, Tiger's Clough Waterfall at Rivington would have a decent amount of water flowing over it. I was right! I couldn't even get across to the other side for a lower angle shot!

Tiger's Clough Waterfall by Dave Green, on Flickr

That's a good point of view, plus captured the motion of the water well. Looks like a great place to walk and photograph.

That's a good point of view, plus captured the motion of the water well. Looks like a great place to walk and photograph.

Thanks Mark - yes it's a nice area :)

I do love a waterfall shot - don't get many of those in flat old Suffolk! Perfect exposure to get movement in the water.

I do love a waterfall shot - don't get many of those in flat old Suffolk! Perfect exposure to get movement in the water.

Thanks Helen.

nice waterfall, good amount of movement in the water, nice composition what's not to like

Hmm so I can see your photos have not been on my radar, and I am guilty of a quick like on your waterfall shot when I didn't have time to comment, so I will duly catch up now :)

I love your Autumn shot - great colours, and I love that both the waves and sun make leading lines to the lighthouse.

I can't tell which are the artificial flowers and which are the real thing so they must be very realistic! I also like the shadows.

How lovely to have waterfalls within reach! None around here either, ah except some paltry ones running over red clay at the beach. The longer exposure has captured the movement nicely and you've done an amazing job of getting everything in focus. Is this with a polariser as well? The water looks really clear.

Hmm so I can see your photos have not been on my radar, and I am guilty of a quick like on your waterfall shot when I didn't have time to comment, so I will duly catch up now :)

I love your Autumn shot - great colours, and I love that both the waves and sun make leading lines to the lighthouse.

I can't tell which are the artificial flowers and which are the real thing so they must be very realistic! I also like the shadows.

How lovely to have waterfalls within reach! None around here either, ah except some paltry ones running over red clay at the beach. The longer exposure has captured the movement nicely and you've done an amazing job of getting everything in focus. Is this with a polariser as well? The water looks really clear.

Many thanks for the comments @Bebop

Yes a polariser for the waterfall - focused 1/3 in at F/16 - and a 5 shot HDR braket set.

Dave, I’m playing catch up and have just seen your stunning photo of the lighthouse with those gorgeous autumn rays. It deserves a place on your wall and probably a lot of others walls.
I am a total fan of waterfalls and this one looks mystical, the exposure has captured the flow of water perfectly.

Nice waterfall image, great use of foreground and leading lines and just enough of a long exposure. Good job.

Nice waterfall image, great use of foreground and leading lines and just enough of a long exposure. Good job.

Cheers Jim :)

Dave, I’m playing catch up and have just seen your stunning photo of the lighthouse with those gorgeous autumn rays. It deserves a place on your wall and probably a lot of others walls.
I am a total fan of waterfalls and this one looks mystical, the exposure has captured the flow of water perfectly.

Thanks Heather :)

That's an excellent shot of the waterfall. Plenty of foreground interest. Exposure time is good too – long enough to blur the water whilst still retaining enough some motion and texture. :clap:

Cheers Stan :)

Catching up on your last three photos - your artificial and artificially lit photos are really nice. The lighting is absolutely beautiful and really brings the colours out.

I love the leading lines and colours in your autumnal sunset. At first I thought there was a lot of room on the RHS, but after I scrolled down (can't quite get the whole shot on my monitor...) it balances beautifully.

And your waterfall couldn't be much wetter! Nicely composed and taken - just enough movement without turning everything too milky.

Catching up on your last three photos - your artificial and artificially lit photos are really nice. The lighting is absolutely beautiful and really brings the colours out.

I love the leading lines and colours in your autumnal sunset. At first I thought there was a lot of room on the RHS, but after I scrolled down (can't quite get the whole shot on my monitor...) it balances beautifully.

And your waterfall couldn't be much wetter! Nicely composed and taken - just enough movement without turning everything too milky.

Thanks for the catchup - most appreciated :)

A bit of a catch-up here Dave.

I really like the artificial flower/real flower mix. It's colourful and very nicely lit.

The sunset is just stunning and I like the pattern of the waves in the foreground.

Cracking waterfall pic and you've got the amount of movement in the water just right for me.

A bit of a catch-up here Dave.

I really like the artificial flower/real flower mix. It's colourful and very nicely lit.

The sunset is just stunning and I like the pattern of the waves in the foreground.

Cracking waterfall pic and you've got the amount of movement in the water just right for me.

Thanks for those Pete :)

Back