weekly Phil S 52 in 2020. Complete!

Made me smile too, well spotted and captured Phil :)

Yep made me smile too nicely seen a d captured I like the Mono processing.

MN: Thought it was a Venus fly Trap at first glance. Nicely done.

Signs: Been in there a few times. Great traditional boozer. Would have been tempted to go colour because it suits humour more, but still a good B&W shot.

Great sign Phil, a few years ago I took pictures of about 600 pub signs, over 365 different pub names, some were extremly humorous, unfortunately many have been replaced with very plain signs or printed pictures. A huge piece of our history lost.

Great sign - certainly made me chuckle here!

Pork pies and mushy peas are two things we can't get here :(
Well spotted and put a wee smile on my face. :giggle:
Made me smile too, well spotted and captured Phil :)
Yep made me smile too nicely seen a d captured I like the Mono processing.
MN: Thought it was a Venus fly Trap at first glance. Nicely done.

Signs: Been in there a few times. Great traditional boozer. Would have been tempted to go colour because it suits humour more, but still a good B&W shot.
That made me smile. Good shot too.
Great sign Phil, a few years ago I took pictures of about 600 pub signs, over 365 different pub names, some were extremly humorous, unfortunately many have been replaced with very plain signs or printed pictures. A huge piece of our history lost.
Nice work since my last visit. Malham brings back memories, as do mushy peas in fact!!

Thanks folks for the comments.

Interesting blues, the boat catches my eye nicely without being a distraction and it's certainly not going anywhere!

Nicely detailed and colourful, without being overbearing Phil.

The boat and rope look secure, the rail on the other hand does not. Very nice pic with great detail.

Interesting blues, the boat catches my eye nicely without being a distraction and it's certainly not going anywhere!
Nice and colourful secure shot Phil.
Not sure I'd moor up using what is effectively a pipe, boats can exert a lot of force when moving.
I really like the blue that's captured there.

Agreed - the boat also had a couple of other ropes attached to more secure moorings

Nicely detailed and colourful, without being overbearing Phil.
Nice and secure, nice colours, like the Dragon head thingy.
The boat and rope look secure, the rail on the other hand does not. Very nice pic with great detail.
The colours and dragon prow on the boat are lovely. Like Tim though, I'm not sure it's so secure...
The colour and reflections are really lovely.

Thanks for the comments.

Very topical and a nice range of blues, good composition too
very good work indeed (y)

personal - very apt for the current times. I like the way you've arranged the items and kept the colours in the blue - is the credit card an indication of the price of this stuff? Good job.

Nicely topical Phil (y)

Secure - Nice take on the theme although I would prefer to tie the boat up to something other then a handrail!

Personal - Works for me and very topical at the moment.

Very topical and a nice range of blues, good composition too
very good work indeed (y)
50 shades of blue. Very topical and all the items you need during the current world crises.
Damn it, that's another idea gone... Very nicely taken - I like the inclusion of the credit card in the composition.
What a great use of the choice for personal, really good idea and nicely taken.
personal - very apt for the current times. I like the way you've arranged the items and kept the colours in the blue - is the credit card an indication of the price of this stuff? Good job.
Good light and shadow. On theme and a sign of the times too.
Nicely done all round.
Very appropriate Phil and nicely taken.
Topical, nice colours, nice composition.
Nicely topical Phil (y)
Spot on for the topic and very nicely shot.
Pretty much all been said already, except for a comment on the background (paper?) which is nicely executed with no obvious folds or edges.
Thanks - its a white vinyl backdrop.

Secure - Nice take on the theme although I would prefer to tie the boat up to something other then a handrail!

Personal - Works for me and very topical at the moment.

Thanks for all the comments - much appreciated.

Graceful - a really nice image. I love the way the plant/flowers pop on the dark background, and the lighting is really well executed. Plus, it's really nice for the theme.

Lovely composition, and great colours Phil

Graceful - Cracking image great lighting it really stands out form the background.

Back