Photo52 2011 - Join In !!! - Week 52 and special bonus out now -

I'm gonna cheat. If it is OK to use an old subject for the theme, then it stands to reason we can use an old photo :)

So I am going to use a model shot I took a few months ago, that I think hits the theme, but was taken on a week when the theme was rubbish LOL

:bonk: Sorry guys. Stupid moment - I must have put light AND reshoot back into the bag instead of just putting the reshoot card back.

Why didn't one of you give me a kick by PM earlier and I could have re-drawn (thanks Jeff for letting me know today (y))?
Unfortunately I've spent the last two days trying to escape from under a pile of wrapping paper and Christmas decorations . . . and I'm sure the wine isn't helping either :LOL:

Anyway, I'll pop upstairs now and draw week 52. Since it's so late, I'll also draw a special bonus theme which can either be a replacement for light MarkII if you don't fancy doing it again or just a Christmas special.

:bonk: Sorry guys. Stupid moment - I must have put light AND reshoot back into the bag instead of just putting the reshoot card back.

Why didn't one of you give me a kick by PM earlier and I could have re-drawn (thanks Jeff for letting me know today (y))?
Unfortunately I've spent the last two days trying to escape from under a pile of wrapping paper and Christmas decorations . . . I'm sure the wine isn't helping either :LOL:

Anyway, I'll pop upstairs now and draw week 52. Since it's so late, I'll also draw a special bonus theme which can either be a replacement for light MarkII if you don't fancy doing it again or just a Christmas special.

Nice one. 51 weeks and it's your first mistake...(y)

As has been said, thanks for managing the 2011 52, you've done a great job.

Cheers.

Sarah, I wouldn't worry if I were you, you have provided stalwart service and a tiny little hiccup is more than forgiveable Have some more wine, ;)
party0036.gif

Hiya Sarah,

Not to worry .... it is easily done .... and had some of us confuddled for a while, but heyho that's not surprising with us lot :LOL:

I wonder if this is a first then for a Photo52 .... to have 53 themes :thinking: could this be more than a co-incidink considering next year is a leap year?

Anyway, I am going to partake in the Light theme again ..... and actually I am glad that Nature is the added extra .... of which I have something that I have been waiting to post (so granted it will be a photo from earlier in the year .... but as it is one I specifically shot in hope that this theme would come up I will have to post same).

Thanks again Sarah for your support and effort to keep things running smoothly this year. You are a STAR!

Merry Christmas to you and your family and all the best for the New Year.

Luvz

Dawn x

Sarah,

You've done such a great job of the 52 I'll let you off with your little hick up.
However, I'm not sure I'll let you off making it a 53.

You're like one of my clients, slipping something extra in at the last minute (leave it there Kev, I know you see a joke in this sentence ;))
Just as my head thought I was nearly there.
Well you've posted the bonus and LIGHT now so I'll have to do them :rules:

A big THANKS from me for your work on the 52, you've been great.

Have a lovely Christmas

Neil.

Thank you all.
It's been a pleasure to do this year. I hope some of you are going to take the plunge again in 2012 - I'll be starting the thread in the next couple of days.

Merry Christmas !!!

Hiya Sarah,

I have decided to take a break from the Photo52 next year, mainly because I have other projects in mind and I would like to pursue lighting techniques and a sort of Noir theme (after seeing some of the fantastic shots that Adie and Kev have posted in their 52's .... but this time with a bit of a fem appeal). I am also thinking of doing a project on my crystals/gem stones .... each week photographing and providing a detailed geological and metaphysical account of same.

You have done an amazing job this year providing the weekly themes. As I mentioned earlier in the thread .... if you intend to participate in the 2012 Photo52 .... I would quite happily resume the role you have taken this year .... to give you a break and also keep you inspired. Let me know. And in a way it will keep me involved in the 2012 52.

Merry Chrimbo

Dx

Thank you all.
It's been a pleasure to do this year. I hope some of you are going to take the plunge again in 2012 - I'll be starting the thread in the next couple of days.

Merry Christmas !!!

No 52 for me next year.
I'm going to focus on the POTY and lighting.

I'll certainly follow any of the 2011 52ers through the year and I'll be checking in on the new ones.

The 52ers have been a great bunch, I cannot wait to see you all in January :)

I'm just glad that so many of you seemed to get a lot out of it this year, whether that was learning something new, developing on existing skills or just making some new friends on the forum.

Dawn,
I missed your earlier generous offer of being torturer theme picker for next year, so thank you for putting your name forwards :love:
I'm still undecided whether I can commit to doing another 52 for 2012 (really going to have to decide soon!), but I'd kind of like to hold onto the bag for another year. I'm still a little bit attached to it.
You may live to regret that offer though - that little bag may be winging its way to you for 2013 :LOL:

Merry Christmas again,

Sarah

HI Sarah...thanks for the themes & all your work this year....much appreciated if a trifle baffling at times :D

52 for me again next year along with POTY & anything else I can find to do .

Merry Christmas & very Happy New Year to you n yours....look forward to doing it all again next year & having just as much fun :clap:

Well, my 52 is finished - wwweyyyybblloodddyyyhheeeyyy!

I'm happy that I've finished the project, learned a lot but realise that photography is hard.

I'm not going to elaborate.....

It's been a real pleasure to exchange thoughts, ideas, C&C and I conclude that the vast majority of members on this forum a really great folk.

:crying:

Cheers all and thanks again Sarah. I'll see some of you in January :wave: and I'm sure my path will crops others in the future.

Photographers deal in things which are continually vanishing and when they have vanished there is no contrivance on earth which can make them come back again. Henri Cartier-Bresson

Photographers deal in things which are continually vanishing and when they have vanished there is no contrivance on earth which can make them come back again. Henri Cartier-Bresson

In your case, it would be the contents of your bank account and the support of spending it from Jackie!

Have a good Christmas mate.

not long now... the clock is ticking... i had the first of three visits by a ghost earlier today... put me wise to the excessive spending i've made...

what will the other two have in store??

Done and dusted.....Glass and Nature added..

There were good parts... thanks to every one for their support and encouragement.

Done and dusted.....Glass and Nature added..

There were good parts... thanks to every one for their support and encouragement.

Nice one Kev.
I've got Nature left which I hope I'll get sorted this week.
I'll drop in and check out your last two once I get Nature sorted.

Mentalblock said:
Nice one Kev.
I've got Nature left which I hope I'll get sorted this week.
I'll drop in and check out your last two once I get Nature sorted.

You do know it is nature , young Neil....and not naturist .... There is a difference...

Hiya

That's me done and dusted .... drodd's Photo52 for 2011 is complete.

Thank you to SarahLee for all the effort of running the challenge and a huge big thank you to all of you who contributed to my project with comments and critique which have all helped me in learning and developing my photography skills and knowledge.

It has been a pleasure meeting some of the members and I look forward to seeing you again in January 2012.

Congratulations to all who have made it to the end of 2011 Photo52 :clap:

All the best for 2012, may you all be blessed with happiness and joy and lots of photography.

Take care

Luv

Dawn x

My Photo 52 is done, well what I'm doing for my Photo 52 Book anyway - no Nature, not had time and need to get the book ordered to get a discount!

You can see my book on photobox

The last year has been great for my photography, I've learnt loads of stuff.
I wish I had the energy to do the 2012 52, but a weekly challenge was too much at times with work and family. I'll be popping in on you all though if you take on the challenge again for 2012.

A big thanks to Sarah for posting the themes, thanks to those who found time to comment, and an even bigger thanks to those regulars who commented through the year.

I look forward to seeing you all in January, still not sure if I'm stopping, but I'll defo be there for the Friday

Well done to all my fellow 52ers who made it to the end.

All the best everyone for New Year.

My 52 is yet to finish, but I will.

I will not attempt the 2012 52 as I want to consider a little all that i have learnt and see where I want to go. I have achieved a few bits of kit this year and need to learn it as I've been lazy in the interests of getting the photo for the week; use the familiar to get it done.

I am SO grateful to all who have looked in and commented on my images, both those who could occasionally and those who were regulars, you have all helped.

I feel I have learned in giving the crit almost more than receiving, do others feel similarly?

I will keep an eye on all of you wherever you appear on the forum ;)

Thanks to Sarah for the structure and unrelenting regularity of her theme posting :clap:

May all have a photographically wonderful 2012 whatever you decide to do

Totally agree with you here...I've possibly learned more by giving crit.

Cheers.

:plus1: at first I was not confident with providing critique, as I didn't feel I had the knowledge or experience for same. However, over the year I have learned so much more and can appreciate a great photo and also identify flaws and mention same (although I probably need to hone my critique technique .... added to my list for the new year :D)

Is this were I add the smutty smile at the mention of giving and receiving ... :thinking:

Kev, have you been on the cooking sherry again :LOL: Should it not be where? And trust you to raise the smutty bar here :LOL:

Cheers

Dawn :)

I can't help it...too much cooking sherry and penny hill reruns of nurses been chased and losing their clothes on branches and or swinging doors...

Mentalblock said:
OMG, Sarah has started the 2012 thread and posted week one already.
I'm tempted, I really am tempted

You know you're tempted....as too am I .... Give in young padawan ...

You know you're tempted....as too am I .... Give in young padawan ...

I've thought it though overt the last day or two and no, I wont be doing it.
I know work is going to be mad next year and the wife wasn't too happy when I mentioned the idea!

I'll set my self a few challenges through the year and focus on the POTY.

I know I won'd do the 53 this coming year but am toying with project that I'll call a 12! Just need a theme to hang it on...:thinks:

The Dirty Dozen.
Tina's Dozen
By the Dozen

God knows what you photograph, although I have some ideas for the Dirty Dozen one :naughty:

Or there is the POTY!

Back