Posiview's TP52 2016. Week 52 Celebrate added. FINISHED :)

Well its defo upclose and personal, and an interesting subject to boot. The bright background contrast nicely with the textures of the cone.

Hi Andy, good job with the stacking only tried it once and messed it up, I admire your patience, nice light and detail would prefer a bit more space around it

Andy, I do love the cones. Never seen them interlinked like that before.
Really well shot.

Artificial certainly is and not something that would have ever entered my mind do attempt, too many years of 52s have obviously altered your brain ;)

Focus stacking :thinking: I'm happy to be able to put a border on a picture. Loads of detail there but it's about time you put more Effort into your work IMHO :p

Hi Andy,

Nice bit of focus stacking that. Looks a touch hot as has been said and a bit warm (WB) for me but could be my monitor? Good link to the theme (y)

Ah that's interesting & different (shoehorn too!). Would now like to see the best you can do without the stacking. ;)

Well its defo upclose and personal, and an interesting subject to boot. The bright background contrast nicely with the textures of the cone.

I like that Andy although a bit of a shoehorn great detail.

Hi Andy, good job with the stacking only tried it once and messed it up, I admire your patience, nice light and detail would prefer a bit more space around it

Andy, I do love the cones. Never seen them interlinked like that before.
Really well shot.

Artificial certainly is and not something that would have ever entered my mind do attempt, too many years of 52s have obviously altered your brain ;)

Focus stacking :thinking: I'm happy to be able to put a border on a picture. Loads of detail there but it's about time you put more Effort into your work IMHO :p

Hi Andy,

Nice bit of focus stacking that. Looks a touch hot as has been said and a bit warm (WB) for me but could be my monitor? Good link to the theme (y)

Thank all. Nothing is over exposed but I see it does looks a little hot in places.

Cheers.

Effort. Bit of a shoehorn, but went out with a slight hangover. The power station I was after had no smoke, drove to another, started to rain very heavily, managed to photograph a few when the rain settled a little (rain spots on photographs), headed to the first vantage point having researched the angle for a sunset/long exposure/car trail photograph....bloody developers have fenced the whole damn area off...drove home in a sulk.

Grrrrr :)

I'm a big fan of Michael Kenna and he did some similar (but much better) almost 20 years ago.

Cheers.

Effort 1 by aNdy sHeader, on Flickr

Effort 2 by aNdy sHeader, on Flickr

Really like the first, that steam over the cooling tower is great. Bit of a shoehorn but you put some effort into it, good job.

I too really like the first shot Andy.
Those huge cooling towers certainly always seem to be pumping out the steam under huge effort!

:clap:Well, the effort went into the shoot itself so from that viewpoint it fits the theme. Like them ... especially in b&w.

1st one is superb not sure the processing works on the second one

HA!!!!!..... so I'm not the only one to horn it!!

Really like the first, that steam over the cooling tower is great. Bit of a shoehorn but you put some effort into it, good job.

I too really like the first shot Andy.
Those huge cooling towers certainly always seem to be pumping out the steam under huge effort!

:clap:Well, the effort went into the shoot itself so from that viewpoint it fits the theme. Like them ... especially in b&w.

1st one is superb not sure the processing works on the second one

I totally agree. Some sort of infrared processing in the second?

Thanks, all. Processed in Silver Efex Pro 2. No infrared but ISWYM.

Below is what I was after, but the weather conspired against me :) I'll be back during the summer, though, when the weather improves.

Linky

Cheers.

Love the first one Andy and definitely in the direction of what you were looking for - thanks for linking to it. I'll explore Michael Kenna a bit more.

He's an amazing, tranquil photographer and a pleasure to watch.

Plenty of videos on Youtube. Below is one of my favourites.

Linky

Excellent link Andy....thanks for that ....he gets some impressive shots on there.
I've seen some cooling towers when I visit my son in Middlesbrough they make great photos. there's no real industry down here but I love industrial stuff. The first one achieves more of what you're looking for I think, you've lost a bit of the softness in the second one but I really like them.

Andy, really like your idea behind the pine cones, the background is perfect as ids the focus and sharpness. Loving your first image for the effort theme, I think they are quite photogenic with or without the smoke.

Hi Andy... effort is interesting. I had a similar problem - some decent enough ideas but the conditions didn't really lend themselves to being able to execute on them! First shot works for me, in its own way - but I'm sure you were more frustrated than anyone to not quite get the image you wanted. I think you've done very well in post (and in camera) to put that together though.

The final effort shot is good - well lit and composed and I'm sure was easier in PS/LR than the first :) So 10/10 for effort in reshooting what was still a good shot because you weren't quite happy with the original(s).

H Andy really like your second effort love the composition and the lightning (How many times did they fall over?:LOL:)

OOOH I like the chimneys Andy. #2 especially, #1 is a bit tight at the top. (y)

And the nut & washers .... def. not a shoehorn.

Artificial - an unusual idea for the theme I I like the shadow .
Personal - they are certainly up close and personal, great detail on them.
Effort - I like the first one best and you certainly went to a lot of effort to get it. the re-shoot maybe fits the theme better but I like the effect you have achieved in the first best

As for the grey on grey...if u pull that off it will be amazing... I can see u getting there though. .. go for it.....

The first of the cooling tower shots for me Andy. it looks a bit other worldly.
The processing suits it well.

Andy, really like your idea behind the pine cones, the background is perfect as ids the focus and sharpness. Loving your first image for the effort theme, I think they are quite photogenic with or without the smoke.

Hi Andy... effort is interesting. I had a similar problem - some decent enough ideas but the conditions didn't really lend themselves to being able to execute on them! First shot works for me, in its own way - but I'm sure you were more frustrated than anyone to not quite get the image you wanted. I think you've done very well in post (and in camera) to put that together though.

The final effort shot is good - well lit and composed and I'm sure was easier in PS/LR than the first :) So 10/10 for effort in reshooting what was still a good shot because you weren't quite happy with the original(s).

H Andy really like your second effort love the composition and the lightning (How many times did they fall over?:LOL:)

OOOH I like the chimneys Andy. #2 especially, #1 is a bit tight at the top. (y)

And the nut & washers .... def. not a shoehorn.

Artificial - an unusual idea for the theme I I like the shadow .
Personal - they are certainly up close and personal, great detail on them.
Effort - I like the first one best and you certainly went to a lot of effort to get it. the re-shoot maybe fits the theme better but I like the effect you have achieved in the first best

Can't fault you for the effort you put in to get the power station cooling tower shots. Love the black and white treatment and the use of long exposure.

Thanks, all, I'll be back there over summer.

Cheers.

Nice photos for the theme, I think I'd go for the second, you look a bit more into it than your daughter.

Love the cheeky image of Isabelle :)
And you just couldn't resist having a go, could you? :LOL:

both good takes for the theme and well lit, you do look like you are enjoying that a little to much :LOL:

Hi Andy... great light on Isabelle and you've managed the fall-off across her and the piano really well :clap:

Not sure if you've moved the lighting on #2 but that works really well too - with the lighting emphasis being on your hands. Two great shots - super job!

Back