weekly Purplepleasers 2016 52 Flora

Hi well done for trying something different, you say earlier in the thread there is nothing wrong with Lego, there is plenty wrong with lego if you ask me, I would rather see this at least its something to think about (y)

Nice image, lots to look at and I like the B&W processing. I also did not get the connection at first, my eyes are more drawn to the man in the shop than the mannequins, having said that I like that we all have different interpretations of the theme, I find it helpful to see how others look at things differently than I do. It's one of the things I've enjoyed about the 52 so far this year.

Great photo, very sharp and excellent framing. And fortunately you have explained how it fits the brief, otherwise it would have been lost on me. But I like you interpretation.

Hi Lee :)

Sorry I seem to have missed a few of yours, so a quick catch up...

Metal - Not enough contrast between the metal and the background for me, though I really like the two elements, the broken pedal especially :)

Captive - Loved this as soon as I see it on the photo's thread, really like the composition, well spotted thumbs:

Miniature - Another B&W, it took me a mo to spot it, but once I did it so works, liking the chaps expression, and well captured through glass, well spotted Lee :)

Well spotted and captured Lee (y)

Hi Lee,
Good start with Metal. Both for the metal pedal and the "metalled" road surface.
Captive is a good shot and a clever take on the theme. Well seen & composed.
Miniature works but only after the explanation for me. The chap is too much of a face point for me and I didn't notice the mannequins.
Liking Happy. A well seen shot that works well in mono (y)

Like the shadow cast by the empty loo holder ... almost mimicking a jaw drop which would be a natural reaction to the event ha ha. Excellent exposure to bring out the dark recesses of that empty loo roll. :clap:

A good take on the theme I like the shadow, like Clive I'm slightly concerned that you take your camera with you to the loo!

A nice simple shot but very on topic. Hopefully you noticed before you 'went' so to speak ;)

I like the lack of colour in the shot, just adds to the drama (which I'm sure there could be depending on your response to the above!).

Hi Lee, for a couple of grab shots they work really well for the themes.

I love graffiti images and this one does what it says on the tin :p

Abandoned is definitely one of those 'oh s***' moments :whistle:

And well done for keeping up to date when working such long hours and at night too!

There's pleasing simplicity to the abandoned image.

I like that Lee simple but effective. I might have been tempted to not include the pipe which I find a little distracting.

Hi Lee,

Well done for keeping up while working long hours.

Happy - great spot, perfect for the theme.

Abandoned - a good minimalist take on the theme, works well. While I agree with steve (above) that the pipes are distracting I think I would have left them in as I like the change of angle of tiles in the image. Like the shadow from the holder as well.

Hi Lee - that's a really good eye you have for an image, because I would never have seen that as a photo! But it is and you were right to capture it.

For me, cropping in from the right might make it a touch stronger - lose the edge between the two walls and the pipework so it's a simpler image of tiles + empty loo roll + shadow. I think that would be a stellar shot and you're already 99% there!

It's funny how we focus on technical or small compositional changes such as this, but the bit you can never change - and which is far more important - is the ability actually to spot a good potential image in the first place. You have that in spades (y)

Hi Lee,

Abandoned - a great original take on the theme, made me smile:)
Liz

Back