weekly Rick448 52'ers challenge thread. Outake added.

Couple of really quick grabs as we are in the middle of packing. I was really struggling with the above theme so apologies for the really poor pics in the last few themes. I will get back into this properly once I get back from holiday, things should also be calming down at work which will help. I never thought taking one shot a week would prove such a challenge!

Theme-wise perfect in both ABOVE and HOT, and the shots are decent enough.
Sometimes it's just a case of grab and shoot, but the main thing is to keep up with the challenge!!

Above and Hot are both on theme, sometimes it's better to just grab the shots when you can to stop yourself getting too far behind

Above certainly works for theme when you're in a hurry. It's actually nice to see all the different types of roofs.

Hot - i'll take that last one every day mate. Really good image. So much wonderful colour to the sky and sun

Above certainly works for theme when you're in a hurry. It's actually nice to see all the different types of roofs.

Hot - i'll take that last one every day mate. Really good image. So much wonderful colour to the sky and sun
Thanks Ian, unfortunately I am struggling to get off the hotel complex, what with musing tomorrow and an attention seeking 4 year old. Though there is plenty too see and do here, just not as good for pics.

Rick, like both your balcony shots ! The first really suits the theme with the vibrant sky !
Thanks Chris. I am hoping to get some super light over the next couple of evenings for this weeks theme... I shot the 2 a little too early!

Very good shot for fading LIGHT. I might have gone for a square crop as there's not much happening on the left… just a thought

Very good shot for fading LIGHT. I might have gone for a square crop as there's not much happening on the left… just a thought
Thanks for the comment, much appreciated.

Very nice image Rick. I think I agree with Bob on the cropping though. I love the way you've got the reflection of the sun running directly in line with that rock.

Very nice image Rick. I think I agree with Bob on the cropping though. I love the way you've got the reflection of the sun running directly in line with that rock.
Thanks Ian, I'll look at editing them all properly when Iget back from here. :)

Beautiful image Rick!
Fantastic reflections and the foreground detail is jolly nice....love that rock!
Excellent work indeed!:clap:
Thanks Gareth, much appreciated.

Lovely light for light :)

I think I'd square crop it - losing some off the left :)

Hi Rick,
A little catch up from me...
Above - A good, sharp shot that fits the theme. Well thought out.
Hot - Perfect for the theme. Surprising how little noise there is for the ISO! Of the other two images, I'm loving the second one. The silhouette and deep, warm colours really make it.
Light - Very nice. Really liking the colours in the reflections.

Hi Rick, I'm sorry I haven't looked in for ages, but I've had a good look back, the photo of your little girl is lovely, she has a lovely sweet smile and you've captured it perfectly, lovely light in her eyes too.
Its definitely a :clap: from me for those balcony shots they're fabulous, I can see them in a travel magazine, I'd definitely think I want to go there.
Beautiful colours for LIGHT, sunsets are amazing aren't they and you've captured that one perfectly.

Hi Rick, I'm sorry I haven't looked in for ages, but I've had a good look back, the photo of your little girl is lovely, she has a lovely sweet smile and you've captured it perfectly, lovely light in her eyes too.
Its definitely a :clap: from me for those balcony shots they're fabulous, I can see them in a travel magazine, I'd definitely think I want to go there.
Beautiful colours for LIGHT, sunsets are amazing aren't they and you've captured that one perfectly.

Thanks Susie, I can highly recommend this place, I just wish I had a bit more time with the camera. :)

Crowd.. a quick grab at the airport in Costa Rica on the way home.

Untitled by rick phillips, on Flickr

Nice, really fits the theme and a nice composition too.

Smashing images there Rick!:clap:
Crowd: Certainly fits the theme nicely. The angle is interesting....is the roof straight and the floor at an angle, or the other way round?
Either way, it's a jolly interesting composition!
Decay: I love these heavy machines....they're fascinating! Shame to see one decaying like that, though they are simply a tool....and tools wear out sadly!
Nicely captured with great reflections in the windows!

Love that decay image. Scary that the fire engines are a tad on the forgotten side. Let's hope that's just superficial eh

Love that decay image. Scary that the fire engines are a tad on the forgotten side. Let's hope that's just superficial eh
You can rest assured that neither of those vehicles have been operational for quite some time! They have been donor vehicles for a couple of our remaining appliances. Hopefully we will shortly have a coupe of new trucks to replace our existing vehicles. I can confirm this is not a cheap project!

Another view...

DSCF2486 by rick phillips, on Flickr

Hi Rick

Crowd, the part of Holidays I hate, good use of phone not much else can be said.

Decay, Big Machines are great, even when they are past there best as these clearly are. Have they ever been used in anger?
Photo looks slightly better on Flickr

Pete

Back