Edit My Images
No
See how far I get this year.

01 - Your Area
02 - Incomplete
03 - Artificial

04 -

Last edited:
And so it begins, nice easy start. Nothing especially exciting but something in especially loving since installing it a month ago.

01-Your Area
IMG_20230108_133011~2.jpg

Looks snug and comfy Rob :)

That looks warm and cosy. Can I ask about the cost? I was looking at getting the same thing but was quoted nearly £6k and did not include removal and disposal of the old fireplace. :eek:
It was around £3500 all in, £1500 of that was the Heta Inspire stove. The rest fitting and parts.

Reactions: rpn
Looks really nice - I'd love one, can;t beat an open flame!

I love that feeling. Unfortunately it tends to put me off going out with the camera :D

Hmm, toasty. Nothing like a proper fire, I wouldn't be without mine, it heats the whole house; no central heating, just a 24/7 multifuel stove (no gas bills or power cuts to affect me either).

02 Incomplete

Not sure how you loose one shoe.

02 Incomplete.jpg

03 Artificial

03 Artificial.jpg

Incomplete - Very shallow DOF, draws the eye to the sticky-up frost on the heel of the boot. Good spot and nicely composed with plenty space around it

Artificial - Like that, sharp focus on the horse, and the slightly blurred BG works.

Is it something where the horses walk round and drive a pump or a grinder or something??

Last edited:
Incomplete - Very shallow DOF, draws the eye to the sticky-up frost on the heel of the boot. Good spot and nicely composed with plenty space around it

Artificial - Like that, sharp focus on the horse, and the slightly blurred BG works.

Is it something where the horses walk round and drive a pump or a grinder or something??
Yes it's part of the wet earth colliery. Ridiculous amount of things to see if you know where to look.

Great idea and I love the horses expression.

That shot tells a story. I'd like to see a wider shot it context, or is it not very attractive?

That shot tells a story. I'd like to see a wider shot it context, or is it not very attractive?
Gal pit
This large circular brick structure used to have a wooden frame around which a horse walked to pull ropes up from the pit. For many years the Gal pit was used for extracting coal, as an access for mine workers and for pumping out flood water.

Back