weekly rpn's 2018 Project 52 - Week 52 SHOWCASE Added (Complete)

A well executed corner pic!

Makes a great corner and a magic pencil standing up on its own :) well set up

Big comment catch up coming up

Oval - the peeled egg is lost against the plate a bit but I like it.
Creature - he is a spiky feller good focus on him.
Synthetic - the record shot is more interesting, but both are well taken.
Rural - like the original best. A very remote rural hamlet and lovely sky.
Bright - great colours
Elegant - I like the first shot with the reflections, but its lovely to see the cygnets too a very bright day.
Derelict - the b/w really suits it.
Home - The first is bright and sharp but I quite like crowdedness of the second one (not sure thats a word but you get what i mean)
Round - two great shots I like the blue.
cooking - nice composition.
Short - both fit the theme I would like the 2nd more if it had the rest of her in it.
Forked - great centerpiece to the shot
Refuse - of the 2 I prefer the second for its simplicity but I wouldn't put either on my wall.
Dark - simple but effective, great idea.
Splash - another great idea that most of taken a lot effort and patience.
Pull - That made me smile a fun shot.
Art - a very unusual piece of art, great find.
Bizarre - well thought up and so right for the theme cleverly done.
Wild - what a fabulous scene I am quite jealous of you living so close to it.
Autumn - Good work with the processing and I like the final crop. I like the inclusion of a Heron in the other view.
Hollow - worth the effort for the lovely light.
Model - great shot well lit.
Corner - very clever, great shot.

Good clean shot. Excellent positioning to get the right angle between the line and shadow.
Clever :)

Cheers, Tim. I just moved the torch to get the shadow at the right abgle

A well executed corner pic!

Thanks, Dave.

Makes a great corner and a magic pencil standing up on its own :) well set up

Thanks, Chris. As by magic the pencil just follows my command to stand straight. :)

Corner

That's pretty cool, simple, good lighting and a good thought process.

good idea and it certainly stands out, looks odd because there's a lighthouse and no sea, it does look like it needs levelling but it could be because of the distant hills

Filthy is well composed and suits the theme well.

The lighthouse stands out well against the well-captured sky and certainly is a prominent marker

I agree with Tim, that's a lovely model Mini and not at all obvious that it's not a real car. It's also really nicely lit and the focus stacking is spot on. That's something I've never tried but I know the X-T2 has some settings for it so I really must give it a go now you've inspired me!

Corner is a clever take on the theme and very effective indeed - well done :clap: Can I ask how you kept the pencil in position?

A nice gritty B&W look is perfect for your Filthy image and I like the tide marks left behind by the water, and Mark is unusual with a lighthouse apparently sticking up the middle of the countryside. Striking light, too.

Last edited:
Filthy is well composed and suits the theme well.

The lighthouse stands out well against the well-captured sky and certainly is a prominent marker

Thanks, Chris.

I agree with Tim, that's a lovely model Mini and not at all obvious that it's not a real car. It's also really nicely lit and the focus stacking is spot on. That's something I've never tried but I know the X-T2 has some settings for it so I really must give it a go now you've inspired me!

Corner is a clever take on the theme and very effective indeed - well done :clap: Can I ask how you kept the pencil in position?

A nice gritty B&W look is perfect for your Filthy image and I like the tide marks left behind by the water, and Mark is unusual with a lighthouse apparently sticking up the middle of the countryside. Striking light, too.

The Mini shot was post-processed with Photoshop and not X-T2 in-camera.

I used a cotton thread (as in sawing) to hang up the pencil then cloned out during pp.

Nice lighthouse shot - certainly makes its mark :)

Mark
Living in a land locked county I don't get to see the sea a lot and you're not going to show me it either :D.
You've got most of the elements in there, a bold lighthouse, good looking clouds and a good composition.

The Mini shot was post-processed with Photoshop and not X-T2 in-camera.

I used a cotton thread (as in sawing) to hang up the pencil then cloned out during pp.

Thanks for the info. Yes, I realised you had done it in Photoshop but it reminded me that the camera can apparently take the sequence of images and adjust the focus for you automatically, to be combined later in PP. I've never tried but you've reminded me to look into it as your image looks so good.

Back from sunny Cyprus to a cold and windy Scotland. Went out this morning for this shot and the sea was rather choppy too. At one stage I almost lost my granddaughter's rubber duck as the tide was coming in but manage to grab it just in time.

Week 46 - Lost

Lost by Stan, on Flickr

Love it, made me chuckle.:)

I really like that, great contrast of the cheerful duck against the rough seas

Lost
Poor little duck, thankfully saved from the waves and made it back home.

Lost - everyone loves a rubby ducky - nice one :)

I must have psychic power as I took this shot the day before the theme was picked knowing it's going to be monstrous, gigantic, huge and big. Good job the little ducky didn't go for a swim this week in this condition. Then again it just another normal day up here in the NE of Scotland, just a bit breezy than normal. :)

Week 47 - Monstrous

Breakwater by Stan, on Flickr

Ooooh nmow that's a crumper! Well shot!

Great capture of the wave very good, a bit fresh and blustery indeed

Last edited:
Hi Stan,

Lost - You would have been in trouble if you'd lost it for real.
The contrast of the pink and the blue works nicely. I do like the DoF you've used there, with the background out of focus, but this eminently recognisable.

Monstrous - Wow, that certainly shows the power of the waves. Excellent. not much more to say!

Two excellent shots for monstrous, good white wave against the dark grey sky.

Back