weekly rpn's 2020 52 Photo Challenge - Week 52 DECORATIONS Added ***COMPLETE***

I really like the idea behind your digital age shot.

As for execution, if you wanted to get the white balance right on each of the phones I'd make two versions.

Then get the white balance right for each phone (or at least match each other) then clone one or the other screen back in to the other shot.

I don't know what you use to edit your shots but a couple of minutes work in LR and PS.

Last edited:
That's brillent, Kell and thanks for the tips. I haven't thought of using layers and masks to get both WB the same. I used Capture One 20 Express for the RAW conversion, the free Fuji version then an old CS6 for final editing. Can't justify paying the monthly subscription for PhotoShop CC for an OAP hobbyist. :giggle:

Digital
Love the idea you've come up with there. I'm not sure the different wb In the phones is a problem, it still all comes together as it should.

I thought might as well using this week's free choice to take the Soft Focus technique too. Not a SOOC shot but processed with an old version PS6. Using Orton Effect to get the background in Soft Focus and keeping the foreground trees and path in focus. Add a small touch of vignette to force the eyes on to the path leading to the central vanishing point.

Week 45 Snapper Choice and Soft Focus Technique

Forest Path by Stan, on Flickr

Soft focus works well to add to the lovely autumn feel.

Reactions: rpn
Nice autumnal scene I have no idea what the Orton effect is though I have seen it mentioned a few times, whatever it is it has worked for this

Lovely autumnal image and I like the soft focus effect. Good job

(edited as the original read a bit like the policeman in 'Allo 'Allo :D )

Last edited:
Hi Stan,

I love this image the soft focus adds so much to it. Big thumbs up from me

For me this has a nice enticing feel to it, I want to know what is further down the dreamy path. I must say that the leaning of the trees in various directions would activate my OCD in trying to decide which to use for getting a level horizon! lol

For me this has a nice enticing feel to it, I want to know what is further down the dreamy path. I must say that the leaning of the trees in various directions would activate my OCD in trying to decide which to use for getting a level horizon! lol

Thanks, Graham. A pot of gold at the end of the path??? maybe!

Maybe I read too many fairy tales as a kid, but because the path’s been made deliberately clear, it feels like it’s had a magic spell put on it to lure people down it.

Enticing.

Cheers, Kell. Don't go there! That's where I come from. There's a
B298zVx.gif
enticing you to drink....
UnC9x98.gif

Lovely subdued autumn colours and soft focus effect and a strong composition.

The Orton effect is one I have heard of, but don't fully understand... I may be googling after this!

This is a lovely soft photo - the colours and the feel of the photo are lovely. It looks like it would be a lovely path to walk down and listen to yourself crunching through the leaves.

The Orton effect is one I have heard of, but don't fully understand... I may be googling after this!

This is a lovely soft photo - the colours and the feel of the photo are lovely. It looks like it would be a lovely path to walk down and listen to yourself crunching through the leaves.

Thanks, Alex. One of my granddaughter favourite walk and would kick those leaves all along the way.

The softness adds to the autumnal shot.. I always feel that autumn is one of the softer seasons, with subdued sound and light. This sums it up.

The softness adds to the autumnal shot.. I always feel that autumn is one of the softer seasons, with subdued sound and light. This sums it up.

Thank you Helen. I need the help of Photoshop here for the softness as most of modern cameras take reasonably sharp images.
A4LjIvz.gif

Lovely old cobbled street, Stan
And of course there are always narrow alleyways to be be found.
Nice take on the theme (y)

Back