weekly rpn's 2020 52 Photo Challenge - Week 52 DECORATIONS Added ***COMPLETE***

I like the first one, nice fresh greens against the leaves on the ground plus good oof background

Reactions: rpn
Leaves
It's the 3rd shot for me, the pale green against the brown, makes for a strong image.

It has been non-stop raining in the past 10 days here and the forecast is more of the same. So an indoor shot it is for this week's Abstract theme. I've tried this physiogram technique before back in 2013 for the Effect, Technique and Creative (ETC) photo project here with TP.

Week 50 Abstract

Abstract by Stan, on Flickr

Nice effect Stan (y)

That works really well Stan. I would never have worked out how it was done.

That works really well Stan. I would never have worked out how it was done.

Thanks, Helen. aka Spirography light painting. Basically, it is just a light source (small pen torch in my case) swinging from the ceiling with the camera pointing up. Plenty of How-To in YouTube.

HERE

Nice effect and colours and great that the background is very black, really making the colours pop.

That's superb. Lovely colours, exposure and composition.

And I made that better than 10%, or at least an order of magnitude better than my keeper ratio [emoji848]

That's superb. Lovely colours, exposure and composition.

And I made that better than 10%, or at least an order of magnitude better than my keeper ratio [emoji848]

Thanks, Alex. Maybe I'm from the old SLR film days when every press of shutter counts. Unlike some of the current digital age shooters who hardly uses the single frame setting.

Thanks, Alex. Maybe I'm from the old SLR film days when every press of shutter counts. Unlike some of the current digital age shooters who hardly uses the single frame setting.
Listening to show some people take photos, I couldn't be blurred with sorting through the thousands of bad frames! I definitely follow your ethos, but still seem to get fewer keepers (or rather printers for me, as I'm had at throwing even bad pictures away...)

Lovely shot with great light!

Abstract - Cool photo. I had to google the technique. All my questions were answered in the comments (I'd guessed it had to be blended images for the different colours).
Showcase - Lovely long exposure there. Well controlled avoiding blowing the sunrise.

Abstract - Cool photo. I had to google the technique. All my questions were answered in the comments (I'd guessed it had to be blended images for the different colours).
Showcase - Lovely long exposure there. Well controlled avoiding blowing the sunrise.

Cheers, Tim. I was a bit heavy-handed with the sliders as there are halos around the posts.

That's a lovely seascape, sunrise.
Terrific colours!
Well caught Stan (y)

Lovely tranquil sunset scene. I hadn't spotted the halos until you mentioned them - it does look like a challenging dynamic range.

The abstract image works well. I had a go at this years ago, but only with a white light. it was quite tricky to get right if I remember rightly and you've managed 3 colours, well done!!

can only agree Stan very nice indeed

Thanks, Allan.

Lovely tranquil sunset scene. I hadn't spotted the halos until you mentioned them - it does look like a challenging dynamic range.

The abstract image works well. I had a go at this years ago, but only with a white light. it was quite tricky to get right if I remember rightly and you've managed 3 colours, well done!!

For the colour I wrapped sweetie papers over the torch.

Final image of 2020 and what a strange year it was. The first three months were normal enough then the virus hits and life as we know it was not the same again if not for this 52 Photo Challenge. Overall, I tend to enjoy this year more simply because of fewer distractions elsewhere.

I would like to say a big THANK YOU to everyone who has followed and support my 52's during the year, I really appreciated all the feedback, comment and encouragement.

This is my council Town House Christmas lightings. A Christmas Market normally held in front of there but cancelled this year because of the pandemic.

Week 52 Decorations

Ribbon Gate Town House by Stan, on Flickr

Back