weekly rpn's 52 Photo Challenge 2022 - Week 52 SHOWCASE and COMPLETE

I like the Sport pic Stan, the sunset really lifts the whole shot. Well spotted for parallel, I like both the composition and mono look.

Nicely done Stan. I rarely use my Fuji profiles - struggle to get a decent shot doing standard stuff!!!!! Will have to have a look.

Reactions: rpn
I like the Sport pic Stan, the sunset really lifts the whole shot. Well spotted for parallel, I like both the composition and mono look.

Thanks, Pete. I was lucky just to be there at the right time for the Sport shot.

Nicely done Stan. I rarely use my Fuji profiles - struggle to get a decent shot doing standard stuff!!!!! Will have to have a look.

Thanks, Simon. Me too, never bother with anything else like Film Simulation before, always just shoot raw + jpg and process in the free Fujifilm version of Capture One.

Took a day trip to the divided capital city of Cyprus, Nicosia. We went to the north, the Turkish Cypriot, side for a walkabout and spotted this metal worker hard at work doing some spot-welding. Elf & Safety anyone !!!!! :)

Week 21 Metal

Man at Work by Stan, on Flickr

This is a very good image Stan. You've done a great job capture a moment in time with the man concentrating on his work while sparks fly about. No comment on the safety aspects :D

This is a very good image Stan. You've done a great job capture a moment in time with the man concentrating on his work while sparks fly about. No comment on the safety aspects :D

Thanks, Bill. I only took 3 shots and was just lucky with the timing.

That's a cracking shot for the theme. What's a few sparks to worry about.... :LOL:

Good timing getting the sparks in the shot, always liked going to Cyprus and I was always tickled that they use the UK 3 pin sockets.

That's a cracking shot for the theme. What's a few sparks to worry about.... :LOL:

Thanks, Simon.

Good timing getting the sparks in the shot, always liked going to Cyprus and I was always tickled that they use the UK 3 pin sockets.

Cheers, Simon. And they drive on the left too; ie RHD.

Terrific and different shot Stan. The look of concentration on his face and the sparks both make the pic stand out.

The brown block looks like the character stamps I used to see in some of the shops in Chinatown. Used to seal letters with a wax stamp. If that's the case I would say the bowl contains a scented wax.

Nice one Stan :)

Ooh I've got one of these and tried it out again only this week!! I was pleased to see it hadn't dried out. Not sure if I should spill the beans....
Nicely captured, and mine is something I treasure as it was a present.

I'll hide what it is behind a spoiler in case others want to guess....

The ceramic dish contains the ink pad (mine is red) and the other is a stamp - mine is my name in English and Chinese with a rat shaped handle for the year of the rat. Mine was a present from China.
What is your stamp?

Took a day trip to the divided capital city of Cyprus, Nicosia. We went to the north, the Turkish Cypriot, side for a walkabout and spotted this metal worker hard at work doing some spot-welding. Elf & Safety anyone !!!!! :)

Week 21 Metal

Man at Work by Stan, on Flickr
That’s an absolute winner, love it.

That’s an absolute winner, love it.

Thanks, Scott. I was lucky with the timing. Pressed the button just at the right time.
A4LjIvz.gif

You've shown some lovely pictures in his thread Stan. Well done :D

Catching up with comments:

P for pool. Love this. Colours are nice and punchy, Reminds me of the Hockney prints we used to have hanging up in our offices.

Metal - Great shot. As others have said.

Solid - Ashford and Simpson would be very proud.

Well shot Stan. a good submission for the challenge.

Well shot Stan. a good submission for the challenge.

Thanks, Bill. The idea for the theme only came to me when I was getting ready to pick up my son from the airport after he and his gf were in London for a long weekend. They were on that flight.

Solid: Great shot for the theme. Nice sky and sea colours.

Letter P: Lovely aircraft shot Stan. The colour in that cloudy sky really makes the plane stand out. It’s nice that you got this for a family memory too.

Solid: Great shot for the theme. Nice sky and sea colours.

Letter P: Lovely aircraft shot Stan. The colour in that cloudy sky really makes the plane stand out. It’s nice that you got this for a family memory too.

Thanks, Pete. It was early evening when the shot was taken with the sun setting behind.

Back