weekly Seaodysseys 52 for the New Decade Wk51 and 52 Showcase and Decorations

That's very much bang on theme Pete, well thought out (y)

Digital - the contrast between the 'cityscape' and the background works well.
Snappers choice - great moody soft focus

Nice idea to achieve soft focus Pete.

That's very much bang on theme Pete, well thought out (y)
I was struggling with the technique as I couldn't see how anyone could produce something worthwhile in truly soft focus.

And then you post that and show me how it can be done.

Feels very ethereal.
Digital - the contrast between the 'cityscape' and the background works well.
Snappers choice - great moody soft focus
Spot on for the technique! And bonus points for doing it in camera rather than in post!
Great idea to achieve the soft focus. Nice subtle image.
Nice idea to achieve soft focus Pete.

Thank you all for your comments.
Pete

Week 46 Narrow.

For this week I have a couple of Narrows in the photo, a narrow path and some narrow boats.
I have also turned the forground on its head and put it at the top, I think it works well, I'm sure you will let me know.

Wk46 Narrow by Peter, on Flickr

Pete

I think it works really well. I had thought about narrow boats for the theme, but there are none around here :)

Lovely composition with the path with a wiggle in it leading to the boat.

Works for me Pete (y)

Box ticked splendidly there Pete :)

Nice. I took my camera out when we went for a walk the other night, and we walked past a load of narrow boats and I completely missed the opportunity.

I even had to correct my daughter by telling her what they were actually called.

And then my battery ran out before I could get the shot I was actually going for.

:facepalm:

Last edited:
I like this one, the way you've positioned the bridge works very well and, of course, the narrow boats fit the theme perfectly.

I think it works really well. I had thought about narrow boats for the theme, but there are none around here :)

Lovely composition with the path with a wiggle in it leading to the boat.

Lucky we have some here.
Works for me Pete (y)

Thank You Chris
Box ticked splendidly there Pete :)

Thanks Dave
Narrow works very well for the theme, good shot.

Thanks Dave
Nicely framed through the bridge. Can't beat a bit of canal photography really can you :)

Hi Tim, you can't, just glad I got there first :clap::clap:
Narrow on narrow! I think the near ground at the top as the frame is effective. Nothing not too like.

Thank You Alex
Nice. I took my camera out when we went for a walk the other night, and we walked past a load of narrow boats and I completely missed the opportunity.

I even had to correct my daughter by telling her what they were actually called.

And then my battery ran out before I could get the shot I was actually going for.

:facepalm:

We all do that at some time.
Good composition framing the boats.. nice reflections too.

Thanks Helen.
I like this one, the way you've positioned the bridge works very well and, of course, the narrow boats fit the theme perfectly.

Thank You Jim

Thank you for taking the time to comment
Pete

Nice crafty stuffs :)

Very "crafty" Pete (y)

I'm really enjoying seeing people's different takes on this theme. Works well in black and white as it stands out against the background.

Narrow. Lovely canal shot and nicely framed.
Paper. Great idea. I may have boosted the whites a bit for more separation from the background.

Nice bit of crafting there for Paper, I do like the subdued lighting as well.

Excellent and 10/10 for effort in making the flower. I like the b&w but agree with some of the comments that it might be lifted if the whites "pop" more.

For the 48th Week -> Camera

Wk48 Camera by Peter, on Flickr

Used turned off monitor as bacground and camera was on closed laptop, light and dust highlighting was provided by adjustable LED.

Pete

Very nice Olympus Pete, is it an om1? Like the use of the monitor and laptop as a bg, compliments the camera nicely. I like the lighting too. Only niggle is the lighting top center.

Hi Michael, it's an OM1-n, a later version of the om1, it adds a Flash ready led to the view finder according to google.
It's a nice camera to use, only problem is getting batteries to power the light meter.

Pete

Nice crafty stuffs :)
Very "crafty" Pete (y)
I'm really enjoying seeing people's different takes on this theme. Works well in black and white as it stands out against the background.
Works nicely in B&W. I'm not sure it needs f/2.8 though, as it was always going to separate from the background.
Perhaps it's actually a candidate for stacking?
Narrow. Lovely canal shot and nicely framed.
Paper. Great idea. I may have boosted the whites a bit for more separation from the background.
Paper is a cool shot Pete, nice in B&W.
Nice bit of crafting there for Paper, I do like the subdued lighting as well.
An hour well spent! I like the picture, but agree that a bit more separation would work even better.
Excellent and 10/10 for effort in making the flower. I like the b&w but agree with some of the comments that it might be lifted if the whites "pop" more.

That's a nice piece of handicraft work. I wonder a bit more separation from the background would be better for the shadow, just my thought,
Agree bit more separation from the BG would have helped this

I dont have any studio type stuff at the moment, so fixing things is very difficult, it was stuffed behind a bit of wood leant against the wall, so yes it was close. What would have used?

Thank you all for your comments.

Pete

Nice clean Oly :)

I have an OM2-n, a Trip 35 and a 35 RC :)

Very nice shot, I'm always looking at different surfaces to place objects I never thought of using your combination of surfaces. Brilliant idea.

Nice Oly Pete, nicely presented too (y)

Back