weekly Seaodyssey's 52 in 2023 Week 52 Pick of 2023 Completed

Name
Pete
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm going again this year, mostly while out walking our dog, Dudley.

Last edited:
Well-captured certainly meets the theme. My daughter bought her first house in MK 10 years ago. Since moved.

Works fr me on both the theme and the tech, nicely done

Nice light. A 'real,' animal would have hit the spot for juxtaposition... But if there's not one there, there's not one there...

I didn’t know they were still in a field. Been to MK a few times for random reasons and only seen a couple inside one of the retail areas. Good juxtaposition.

Nicely juxtawotsitted Pete!

Perfect for the tech. Never been to MK and all I know about the place is concrete cows and roundabouts.
MK is a very misaligned place, It does have concrete cows and loads of roundabouts (some with traffic lights on them) but there is loads of green spaces, with miles of decent walks and lots of water, Lakes, rivers and the grand union canal.

Pete

I didn’t know they were still in a field. Been to MK a few times for random reasons and only seen a couple inside one of the retail areas. Good juxtaposition.
There where some in one of the shopping areas, and they have been in other places a well.

Pete

Certainly iconic everyone knows them, good start to your 52

OK I am the odd one out here Pete, heard of them but did not think they were real, nice shot.

Are the MK Concrete Cows really famous? A fun shot Pete and a good start to the challenge.

The positioning of their legs is "interesting", does anyone ever "decorate" them for celebrations?

That made me smile. We went MK cow hunting many, many years ago when they were first installed. Didn't realise they still existed - and they look exactly the same!

MK is a very misaligned place, It does have concrete cows and loads of roundabouts (some with traffic lights on them) but there is loads of green spaces, with miles of decent walks and lots of water, Lakes, rivers and the grand union canal.

Pete

I would say the place is just maligned, as Milton Keynes is a long way from being misaligned ;). When I visited once, it was all H roads and V roads, all very symmetrical indeed.

Are the MK Concrete Cows really famous? A fun shot Pete and a good start to the challenge.
They are in the UK, as you can see from most of the replies. MK or MIlton Keynes was a New Town built many decades ago and was made a city last year.
The positioning of their legs is "interesting", does anyone ever "decorate" them for celebrations?
They have been repainted , mainly by students.
Nice start Pete. I like that.
Thanks Pete
Spot on for the theme and definitely juxtaposition too, Pete. I remember seeing concrete cows many years ago when visiting MK so it's good to know they are still around! Good luck with your 52.
Thank you Andrea, nice to see you back as well.
That made me smile. We went MK cow hunting many, many years ago when they were first installed. Didn't realise they still existed - and they look exactly the same!
Thanks Helen.
I would say the place is just maligned, as Milton Keynes is a long way from being misaligned ;). When I visited once, it was all H roads and V roads, all very symmetrical indeed.
It was all H & V roads, till the recent town planners decided to some large estates without those as connecting roads, so some places are just like other normal towns, it depends on whose in charge of the city council.

Thank you all for your comments
Pete

I'm back in the UK and no longer having to use a Blocked (by Talkphotography) IP Address, I guess it might route via africa so I can see why its on some blocked blacklist somewhere.

It's nice to have a decent internet connection.

So here is my catch up in order.

Week 02

Two goes at incomplete

TP52-2023 Wk02 Incomplete by Peter Dyson, on Flickr

This I took at home before going on holiday

And this one, which is 2 incompletes in one
TP52-2023 Wk02 Incomplete 2 by Peter Dyson, on Flickr
New incomplete hotel and old incomplete windmill.

Week 3 Artificial

TP52-2023 Wk03 Artificial by Peter Dyson, on Flickr

An artificial volcano

Finally for week4, Transparent, another 2 goes.

TP52-2023 Wk04 Transparent by Peter Dyson, on Flickr

and

TP52-2023 Wk04 Transparent 2 by Peter Dyson, on Flickr

This is a glass brick , part of a shower cubicle.

Pete

That model looks like it's going to be pretty detailed!

Is it wrong of me to want the wind blowing the other way so that the flags are the 'right way' round? Lovely blue skies with fluffy clouds out there!

Liking the glass tile shot. That sort of distortion could only be achieved by refraction through glass.

Model definitely incomplete

Like the Volcano intriguing, assume the Volcano was built due to the name of the hotel, does the Volcano have a use?

Water fall/sheet very nice, just what is needed this time of year in UK- still need to book some hols

That model looks like it's going to be pretty detailed!

Is it wrong of me to want the wind blowing the other way so that the flags are the 'right way' round? Lovely blue skies with fluffy clouds out there!

Liking the glass tile shot. That sort of distortion could only be achieved by refraction through glass.
Thanks Graham, the model is very detailed, but i'm having problems with the decals, they keep breaking up, so I have stopped it for a while.

The winds always seemed to blow the same way, but I was only there for 2 weeks.

I must admit when I saw it, I liked it as well.
Model definitely incomplete

Like the Volcano intriguing, assume the Volcano was built due to the name of the hotel, does the Volcano have a use?

Water fall/sheet very nice, just what is needed this time of year in UK- still need to book some hols

Thanks Keith
I would imagine the volcano is used as a hall of some type, There is plenty of spare lava rocks around the place, they use it to build also sorts of stuff.

Pete

Nicely caught up Pete.

I like the pov on the windmill shot and the juxtaposition of old and new.
The “volcano” pic is just perfect for artificial and is nicely framed.
The waterfall fits well into the transparent theme, though I do like the shower brick as something different.

Great catch up, all really nice images, I particularly like the falling water shot.

Good catch up. I rather like the abstract transparent shot.

Back