weekly Seaodyssey's 52ers for 2018 Week51 Party

Psychedelic man ;), That's kinda trippy.
Gotta love having a play. What's ICM?
ICM = Intentional Camera movement, in this case I zoomed out while taking the photo, long exposure required for me to do that. 1 second If I remember at f32 inside a building.
The bins had been emptied within s couple of hours of taking the shot.

Last edited:
Reactions: LC2
Not sure it works for me but well done for trying something a little different
I think people myself included tend to stick to what we know,
you have probably learnt something from it and it might well be a useable technique for another theme

Wk34 Dark.
I knew what I was going to do with this weeks theme from the Getgo. I don't have a studio or any lighting equipment apart from a flash gun, which I have owned for 13years and hardly ever use, it is so complicated.
I got the manuals out and set up the flashgun as a remote slave. I got some black card and the props. Here is the result. I did not have a Guiness Glass so this tankard had to do.
I did think of doing it in B&W but the colour adds to the photo.
Only 1 can of Guiness was harmed in the making of this photo.

Drink on the Dark Side by Peter, on Flickr

Pete

Last edited:
Nice take on the theme and good effect with a flash gun. Imagewise, the white balance needs a bit adjustment and may be at a lower angle!

Thanks Stan, I can see what you mean by lower angle and the white balance is a bit out, I blame my Monitor at work for that, it is quite pale.

Pete

Great take on the theme, I might of took out the light spill on the background in photoshop, but I am being really picky!

My real question is how did the Guinness get in the glass without opening the can?:naughty: or put another way why not use the open can for the shot? Sorry Pete it is just the way my brain works:runaway:

Great take on the theme, I might of took out the light spill on the background in photoshop, but I am being really picky!

My real question is how did the Guinness get in the glass without opening the can?:naughty: or put another way why not use the open can for the shot? Sorry Pete it is just the way my brain works:runaway:

Thanks Roger, I did remove the background light, but found it lost all perspective and to me did not work.

Tuesday is a non drinking night for me, so it's not really Guinness in the glass....Well thats what I told SWMBO

I did not want to waste 2 tins and it looked better with the unopened can and yes my brian works just like yours if it's working at all.

I did enjoy the fruits of my labour.

Pete

I kind of agree with the above crit WB is off and the can should be open, to be fair I never noticed the unopened can the first look but now it’s been pointed out :thinking:.
You have done well with the reflections off the glass and tin not to many bright spots

Dark

I don't really have anything to add.
It's a good idea and you've got the composition just about right.

I too didn't notice the unopened tinny until it was pointed out.

Mmmmmmm Guiness :D

Fab shot!

It's all been said, really good idea for the theme and the light on the glass is very good IMHO

I kind of agree with the above crit WB is off and the can should be open, to be fair I never noticed the unopened can the first look but now it’s been pointed out :thinking:.
You have done well with the reflections off the glass and tin not to many bright spots

Dark

I don't really have anything to add.
It's a good idea and you've got the composition just about right.

I too didn't notice the unopened tinny until it was pointed out.

Trust Roger to notice the can!
Thanks for your comments.

Mmmmmmm Guiness :D

Fab shot!

Due to the change of weather, the Guiness had not been in the fridge, so was not as Mmmmm as it could have been.
Thanks Dave

It's all been said, really good idea for the theme and the light on the glass is very good IMHO

Thank you Chris.

I noticed the can was unopened too, but that just said "2 pints" to me :)
Yes, the image is warm, but that could have been an artistic choice, emulating light at the golden hour to pick out the details.

I noticed the can was unopened too, but that just said "2 pints" to me :)
Yes, the image is warm, but that could have been an artistic choice, emulating light at the golden hour to pick out the details.

I like your Thinking Tim.
I did think the warm tones helped the Lettering and the gold of the top.

Thanks Pete

That's fab that. Would have been nice to see a face though :)

no idea why you would think its breaking the rules its a nice composite it works for me well captured

no idea why you would think its breaking the rules its a nice composite it works for me well captured

Thanks Allan, comments much appreciated. Photoshop did all the work, gave it 5 images to work on and it put those 3 together and tried to align the other 2 below.

Pete

Splash, great shot(s), works really well and I like seeing different techniques used in the 52.

For My Pull submission I give you....

Pullover by Peter, on Flickr

Just a quick photo, no retouching, just corrected the perspective.

I know the exposure could be better, but it is what it is this week.

Last edited:
'tis on theme, made me chuckle and is the first pullover we've had for the theme I think?

Pullover is on theme as Tim says, cool fun shot.

Thanks Tim and Dave

I was really struggling with the Pull Theme, the chance of seeing something interesting being pulled was pretty Slim, so Pullover happened into my mind last wednesday and I quickly setup tripod and put camera into timed shutter release.Focused and set aperture. Took 3 shots, this was the best, in the other 2 the sleeve was moving and very blurred. The high lights on the shirt are well blown, nothing available in the Raw, I checked this morning. Picture submitted was jpeg version.

Thanks Pete

I like it looks like the jumpers attacking you, great idea for the theme

A great bit of street art, I was 1/2 expecting the location to be Belfast rather than Milton Keynes Borders :)
Nicely captured, the only comment I would have is whilst the left hand side is vertical, the vertical on the right isn't.
Though, I'm not sure that straightening it would work?

That’s a great piece of street art, I would normally wonder why you haven’t got straight on but in this case I think it works.

Graffiti is art so nicely on theme.

Thanks Silver X-T3 Hipster for your comments.

A great bit of street art, I was 1/2 expecting the location to be Belfast rather than Milton Keynes Borders :)
Nicely captured, the only comment I would have is whilst the left hand side is vertical, the vertical on the right isn't.
Though, I'm not sure that straightening it would work?

I did correct the perspective in PS, but it would not tweak it enough to get both side straight.

That’s a great piece of street art, I would normally wonder why you haven’t got straight on but in this case I think it works.

It's not straight on as there is not enought room (narrow road) and would cause even more perspective problems pointing upwards.

Art

It's a good piece of art.

Thanks Dominic

Back